Kalafina 5th album "far on the water"

Also I'm with two friends, might be able to procure all three postcards that way
While I'll have only 1 postcard for 4 people wanting it... XD

HimeWakana said:
@Daiima I'll build a monument for you, you know ùwù *runawaypreparingherwallet
Your friendship is the way most precious present you can give me, you know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's a minimum of how much you can spend? Wow. That sucks. Unless you are just talking for yourself. I would want everything, including what I could find in stores. *sigh* Why aren't there money trees? (I think we all need to rob a bank, or have something like a mob like in Cerise's story of Yuki and co. lol)

To the people that responded to my earlier comment about iTunes, I made an account for the Japanese store; what should I do now? I don't have a credit or debit card . . . Will the Japanese store accept the codes of iTunes gift cards from the US? I doubt it, but no harm in asking. Excuse my uneducation.

To the people that responded to my earlier comment about iTunes, I made an account for the Japanese store; what should I do now? I don't have a credit or debit card . . . Will the Japanese store accept the codes of iTunes gift cards from the US? I doubt it, but no harm in asking. Excuse my uneducation.
I'm pretty sure that unless you have a Japanese credit/debit card or an iTunes card from Japan, you won't be able to buy anything. At least, that was the state of the matter the last time I checked a few years ago. You might be able to get Japanese iTunes cards off amazon.

So there's a minimum of how much you can spend? Wow. That sucks. Unless you are just talking for yourself. I would want everything, including what I could find in stores. *sigh* Why aren't there money trees? (I think we all need to rob a bank, or have something like a mob like in Cerise's story of Yuki and co. lol)

As far as I can tell you can spend whatever you want, but you need to spend a certain amount to get the bonus postcards.

Anyway, as I mentioned a while ago on the sidebar, me and a friend of mine occasionally do music reviews. This time one of the albums was FotW.

Link

If you don't like criticisms at all, it might not be a good idea to watch. Safe to say both of us have our issues with the album and I probably spend a good 5 minutes complaining strongly about Believe.

^Watching (or listening?) right now. Currently on the section about monochrome. Agree with almost everything that has been said so far. Also subscribed btw.

My vinyl copy plays back fine with no issues! :sohappy: There was a little glitch towards the end of Heavenly Blue, but I think that was caused by a cat hair that was floating around the room. :glower: I thought I could make out a bit of distortion on the vocals in Hokage, but I suspect it's a mastering issue - stupid Loudness War again. Nohara on my CD of Elemental has the same problem.

Overall it's a really nice album, and I pretty much agree with the people who said Keiko's voice is under-utilised, and it would be even better if Heavenly Believe and the other singles weren't on there. The album-only tracks, in contrast, remind me of why I'm a fan.

Just one little niggle though: there's a lot of 'recycling' going on with the background sound effects and samples in the songs. There's that "woodblock in the Grand Canyon" sound: it's a "clunk followed by a whoosh" in between verses that gets used a lot lately. And then there's the "sleigh bell jingle with tonnes of reverb," which I swear must have been used in four or five songs by now! If a background sound effect is used often enough to be noticeable, maybe it's time to use something else instead? :hide:

In all seriousness though, I'm not really disappointed with this release. The 'new' songs are good and I don't have anything bad to say about the vocals or instruments. I just need to give it a few listens to let them grow on me, then I can pick out favourites properly.

^That's great that it plays fine. I guess it's just me. *sigh* ring your bell still skips, and is really distorted. I tried cleaning it with a microfiber cloth, but do you have any other suggestions? I saw that wood glue would work, but I don't think that's true. lol (It was on a show called Hack My Life where they do life hacks) Let me know in a PM. I do love the sound of the record as apposed to the cd. I hope they make their other albums (especially red moon and seventh heaven) into albums. But Hanako would be awesome since there's a record player in that show. heh

EDIT: I also scanned in the vinyl booklet picture. I could only get part of it, but I think it turned out great. I tried to clean up the image too. Hope you like:
far%20on%20the%20water%20vinyl_zpsdsfjlpp8.jpg

^ if it still doesnt work besides all the tries see if the problem is on your record player, or try to play your vinyl on a different player like in friend or shop that has one on display.

DVD Booklet cover: Looks exactly like the BD cover, except a ladder was added for Hikaru.
IbL2zXj.jpg

BTW, am I the only one who finds it ironic that a tree is the main focus of an album called "far on the water"?

I've been reading the phrase "far on the water" to imply faraway lands across the sea, so for me the tree fits fine

And they are "on the water" in the other scenes, you just can't tell in that picture or on the indoor ones, or on my sig one. But yes, it could mean on an island or land. Wow that ladder really is placed weird. heh Also yes, I love the booklet pic for the vinyl. I like the cover, but he inside pic and that one are one of my favorite new ones. I wish I had a better pic of the inside cover.

@george1234 I got a brand new record player and tried it and it is better, but still skips. I'm going to look for more ways to clean it though. It doesn't have any scratches that I could see.

hmm. the vinyl recording of sorairo no isu sounds slightly more... high pitched to me. Anyone else's sound like that? I prefer the CD ver.
(could just be the result of digitalizing vinyl, which I know some frown upon)

^I will take a listen when I get home from violin. But that sounds worrying, since we just had that Sword Art Online pitch difference thing too. *sigh* It was one of the songs that doesn't skip on the record, so I will listen to it. I love listening to the record even with the skips, it's not as bad but still, I wish there were no skips.

Back