Kalafina 5th album "far on the water"

S

sprinterXkyrie

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's true, then I'm excited. It's been far too long since we had another album, though all the singles they've released kinda make up for it. If the album-only songs can match or surpass Consolation's, I'll be very, very satisfied.

The new songs have to match/surpass Consolation's, or at least Red Moon's, because their latest singles are almost all crap. That, and 'far on the water' isn't a really lovely track either. If they aren't going to include Alleluia/Gin no Niwa, I can safely say that I already don't like 4 out of the possibly 13 album songs.

I really hope this is true. Cause it seems I'm the only one who loves far on the water, I'm probably more excited. But if this is true, I'm hoping for the album songs on their own.

when I first read the release date I thought it said the ninth month of 2016 and I freaked out lol

Girls must have a lot of work lately with Kalafina: Believe, Budokan lives, RYB, YK vol 12, One Light, than new album and live tour... 2016 probably will have less releases.

Is FOW good for title track? It's nice song but not so gorgeous like RM, Eden, Consolation.
I wonder if dresses will be blue :love:

In FOW probably will be: Believe, RYB, One Light (eventually: Alleluia, KnGnN, misterioso, HB) - so 9/10 new tracks or 6/7 new tracks.

I can't wait! This is really year full of Kalafina!

So.... maybe it's strange but Eden is one of my favourites songs of Kalafina. When I saw live version of it, I thought: It's excellent!

I hope that they performed some b-sides during live tour (IEN pls!)

not really. not many things can be "on" the water. Maybe boats or people. The rest sinks :XD:

As if consolation was surreal

I need this now. Btw the release date is not that far (on the water lol).
This made me giggle.

Far on the water is actually a nice song, but I just don't find it "title track" material. Rather, it's not "opening track" material. As with all Historia songs, it's great as an ending song, but I expect a title track to be ambitious and/or grand (precisely what they have all been so far) and to give me a glimpse of what to expect out of the rest of the album, provided the title track is the first track, which it usually is for Kalafina (sans Seventh Heaven).

I'll be happy if, like Seventh Heaven, it was the ending track. Then I would be okay with it as the title track.

praying for keiko lead tracks
praying for more destination unknown styled songs
praying for more lapis styled songs
praying for no more ring your song styled songs
praying...

Yes, FOW will be good as ending track.

More Hikaru! More Keiko! Less Wakana!
More dark songs lide destination unknown, signal. Maybe more songs like tetoteto me to me, love come down and fantasia

Yeah, I am with george that we have not had a decent version of FOW. I think it will be an ending track, since it's an RHH song, and symphonia and Yume no Daichi were both at the end of albums. I know, storia wasn't, but I think they are all great songs. storia is one of my favorite Kala songs. I am hoping this is true, as I want the new album, like, now, but I will wait for Sept. since it's not that far away.

I really do hope this is true, a new album is kinda what I've been waiting for. Singles are nice and all but album tracks are almost always superior, not just with Kalafina but other artists too. I'm just hoping the singles included will be from Believe onwards, whilst I do love KnGnN a lot and really like Alleluia, I really don't want Heavenly Blue on there. It's just too similar to Believe. I'm thinking it will be like Seventh Heaven in that the title track will be the last track.

I honestly forgot what FotW even sounds like, though. I listened to the rip from Historia once when it came out and decided to wait until there's a proper release, so I haven't heard it since then. They do seem to be making a big deal of the tour, so it makes sense that it's for an album release. Seeing the new songs live will be something pretty special I reckon :tea:. Hope they do play a few of them. Although I will be sad if they play a whole bunch of new stuff because of the album and completely skip any b-sides entirely, I'm kinda hoping they'll play Koibito, although with One Light coming as well maybe that chance has gone already :touched:.

or maybe you could not misinterpret my post with your negativity, ok george?

My reply was not directed at you, I was just stating my own prayer :) and no im not negative, I just have learned what usually happens when new songs come out and are in some, even tiny way similar to some older ones.
(eg I cant see lyrics similarity between believe and HB, even though some point it out)

Back