Kalafina 5th album "far on the water"

wow. *don't hit me Kajiura-sensei!* heh That's the feeling I get when I read that comment. But it's a joke, really. It goes to show though that Kajiura still thinks every one of her singers are all right for the job still, and she wants them to do a good job. So was that what Keiko was reading over when they showed them going down to the stage for Budokan?

Finally watched that Gogatsu live. Wow, I am impressed. I really hope that they're on this kind of form in October, because that was fantastic. Wakana did an amazing job, Hikaru sounded a lot better than during the Budokan lives and Keiko was Keiko. I think Gogatsu is growing on me from when I first heard it, and I already liked it quite a bit.

One Light performance was great too actually, Hikaru was on good form. I really hope this is confirmation that she's over the issues she had at Budokan.

My super special awesome package finally arrived!!! :D

Far on the Water vinyl, Far on the water CD/BD, and One Light CD/BD
AO8eO5v.jpg

Front cover VINYL:
9cvitNm.jpg

Back cover VINYL:
dV8YGyp.jpg

Inside, VINYL:
8gVfdIy.jpg
CMtbqis.jpg
oMMtkIp.jpg

Very large leaflet cover, VINYL:
RlT344P.jpg

Large leaflet, inside, VINYL:
OyBihJI.jpg

Back of leaflet, VINYL:
FwDnNtI.jpg
EicphkJ.jpg

^Wow! I also took pics but not as good as yours. Does your record play fine?

Well, I got the far on the water album on vinyl today. And it skipped... again! It seemed to be fine at first, so I was really excited. During into the water it played magnificently, then during monochrome it started to skip. I wonder if anyone else has this issue, but I know Martin has not had problems with One Light, since I had problems with that one as well. I am really disappointed since now I have to wait until I get my new record player, probably not until next week sometime, in order to hear a lot of the songs on record. Oh, and One Light skipped horribly again. (I kind of laugh at this because it happened on the OL record that it was only that song that skipped a lot) Oy. I hope it's not the record again.

Not gonna look, need to wait for mine. It's in customs so I expect it'll be there for a week and they'll charge me another £20 or so for it.

Air mail takes longer than EMS, but at least the Post Office handle it rather than Parcelfarce. Which means 1. it's going to actually arrive in reasonable condition, and 2. the handling fee they slap on top of customs VAT is half as much. I'll let you guys know as soon as mine arrives.

My beloved Linn deck is still in a removal box, but my parents have an old Garrard turntable that they rarely use and is pretty damn good in its own right, so I'll borrow that.

Hikaru is going flat at times in those lives, I'm worried for her ;_; but I hope it's just while she adjusts to this new technique (there's definitely something different going on with her falsetto, I think her voice was sort of "too open" before, so perhaps this new technique is going to help her. Wakana also went flat a little bit, but Gogatsu is a really difficult song, she impressed me a lot anyway, she was fantastic in Ring your Bell. I hope they'll be great in the FoTW lives when they've had more time to rehearse and everything.

^Truthfully, I doubt FOTW will be on the US iTunes store (or any other international store aside from the obvious Japanese store). It is available to purchase from the Japanese iTunes Store. You can just make an account and add some yen to it in order to buy it.

^ I don't know how it's decided which, if any, Kalafina releases are released digitally in other areas of the world, however I would say there's a small chance, though I guess it depends on location. I can't say for other areas of the world, but Seventh Heaven, Red Moon, and Consolation are here on the U.S. iTunes store (and Amazon). Not sure why After Eden isn't though. I kinda hope it is, even if it takes a while, but I'm not counting on it.

For me, in the end I'll probably buy the album anyway. :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Atlas Star: WOW that looks so premium and nicely printed, unlike the actaully really small covers of the CD versions.
@Liana_Ilia : Maybe your record player is broken ? If its just this vinyl i guess you can ask for replacement ?

^Truthfully, I doubt FOTW will be on the US iTunes store (or any other international store aside from the obvious Japanese store). It is available to purchase from the Japanese iTunes Store. You can just make an account and add some yen to it in order to buy it.

Around 2-4 days after the album was released in Japan, I checked my iTunes, which is set to my current country, and surprised to see "Far on the water" being available for sale! Since I cannot purchase my physical copy right away, I decided to buy only certain tracks from there.

Interestingly enough, aside from all of the albums including the BEST ones, the only singles they have online are fairytale, Lacrimosa, and believe. This is why I was disappointed at first that ring your bell was not sold in iTunes so I was glad that they did release the album online. I think this calls for our site to promote buying of their tracks via iTunes too, as this is what SME is doing to promote their artists overseas, notably Eir Aoi. Looks like they do not have that kind of initiative for Kalafina though.

^ I don't know how it's decided which, if any, Kalafina releases are released digitally in other areas of the world, however I would say there's a small chance, though I guess it depends on location. I can't say for other areas of the world, but Seventh Heaven, Red Moon, and Consolation are here on the U.S. iTunes store (and Amazon). Not sure why After Eden isn't though. I kinda hope it is, even if it takes a while, but I'm not counting on it.

For me, in the end I'll probably buy the album anyway. :XD:
I'm pretty sure the reason those are on the US iTunes is bc of when they came here for anime conventions. They put Comsolation on there when they came to ACen, at least

^ That's also probably why After Eden is not listed, while Magia and Kagayaku are on the US iTunes Store. Most likely due to the fact that Magia sold like hot cakes when it was first released, plus it's for a pretty popular anime.

Oh my goodness those vinyls are gorgeous. If it ever made sense for me to have a record player I would totally bought this. The photos and art are so much nicer than the special edition blu ray edition. Does it still come with the photobook or is that a CD only thing?

Oh my goodness those vinyls are gorgeous. If it ever made sense for me to have a record player I would totally bought this. The photos and art are so much nicer than the special edition blu ray edition. Does it still come with the photobook or is that a CD only thing?
No it doesn't come with the photo booklet but the huge image on the inside of the vinyl folder makes up for it! The folder is very high quality too; its glossy so there's greater resistance to defacement and deterioration. And the great detail on the cover allows you to appreciate the cover art more than the small cd version... Everything about the art on this particular vinyl packaging was well worth the money :) I recommend Getting it just for the collector value. I'm not sure what the ring your bell and one light vinyls were like, but I can assume that the FOTW one is more worth it based on the detail of the photo shoots (I can't imagine a hype for a graphite wall background and a field of corn as much as for the art from this album shoot)

^Did yours play fine? Mine still skips. I am wondering if it is the record player. But when I played One Light on another record player, it still skipped. I am hoping fotw does not do this, as I will be very very upset. I know they can send a replacement but that's if there's any in stock anymore. I doubt that very much though. *sigh* I won't know until Saturday when I get my new record player if it is the player or the record. It sucks since I do really love the songs and the way that it sounds on record. It sounds sort of warped to the songs that do play almost all the way through without skipping, believe being one of them. ring your bell really skips. I just am not meant to have a Kalafina record I guess. *sigh* (I also love the picture on the lyric booklet thing that's inside. I will try and scan it in tomorrow if I can get all of the picture on my scanner.)

^I wont be able to play fotw on a turntable until tomorrow, but One Light and ryb have both played with no skips for me

Back