Anime that you have recently watched

Anyone started checking out the Fall season? When I have the time (and a better working computer) I'll probably be watching One Punch Man and Noragami Aragoto

Haikyuu2 (All the Yes), One-Punch Man (hopefully the fights dont stop) and Noragami2 (hopefully it doesnt go back to angsty shit like Yukine in the first series).

The ones I was anticipating that are out so far are all good, namely: Noragami Aragoto , Haikyuu S2, and K: Return of Kings.
Also anticipating Owari no Seraph S2 but it's not out yet. and I will check out Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou when I have time because it looks cute haha.

attack on titan Jr was terrible IMHO. but i didnt care for the original so maybe Im biased. :p

Got a chance to watch it, and while I found it funny it was not as hilarious as Osomatsu San ep 1 (aka the most anime references/gags in a single episode ever) …. too bad that was a one time thing and the following eps will be different but I will still check it out anyway since it got my attention.

I just finished Soul Eater today. It was OK, if I could sum it up in one word :XD:. I feel like it was a bit too long for its sake, and I say it could be condensed into a 24-episode series and still be good. And the comedy interrupted the flow of the show at points. Other than those complaints, it was fine. Now I'm going on to "Psycho Pass." I found it on Netfilx, and watched the first episode. It seems interesting.

Anyone started checking out the Fall season?

The only show I've started watching for the fall season is "Subete ga F ni naru: The Perfect Insider." It's a mystery show, and has been pretty good so far (6 eps in).

I've watched Chobits and Expelled from Paradise recently.

In the past I read the Chobits Manga, but it was awhile ago and it is only recently that I started watching the Anime.

Expelled from Paradise was a great movie as I expected it to be considering Gen Urobuchi and Nitroplus's involvement in making the movie. Great themes about living completely in a digital world without a body and exploring the humanity in Artificial Intelligence.

I'm watching now A-Channel. Oh, it's really boring but I don't like leave unwatched anime. Too much moe...

Today I watched both the 5th and 6th Kara no Kyoukai movies, along with the first episode of "Another." I'm think I'm addicted to KnK now... :love:

Digimon Adventure tri Reunion - so nice to see the old gang back together after so long. A few problems but as an old Digimon fan it made me happy. Looking forward to the next series of films.

I'm watching now A-Channel. Oh, it's really boring but I don't like leave unwatched anime. Too much moe...

That series had nothing redeemable about it at all. Just boring events and a distinct lack of humour for what should've been a comedy show.

Last night me and a group of 5 friends decided to carry on with Sword Art Online once again. We started it a while ago to see what all the fuss was about and to give it a proper evaluation, since it's kinda cheating to hate on something we haven't seen. We've nearly finished the first arc now and it's safe to say it's utter garbage. It was pretty fun though as we were constantly discussing what it was doing wrong (hint: it was everything) and questioning why people like it. We still don't know. The music is sub-par for Kajiura (and in general, to be honest) and it's still the best element of the show. I guess mediocrity stands out when it's amongst a sea of shit.

I end A-channel. It wasn't so wrong... I watched it after work and it was really relaxing.

Watching Fate/Zero that I borrowed from the local library, with Japanese audio and subtitles rather than English dub.

Wow, me too! Fate/Zero is really impressive anime... The dynamics of battles, story are great. It's one of the best anime series I've ever seen

Ok, I've just finished Fate/stay night UBW. Fate/zero was more thrilling but f/sn was good too. And the ending RYB - was really amazing. Ok, I know that a lot of people here hate it. But a lot of anime fans from Poland who watched this like RYB too (I read the comments)

^Imo, UBW is better than F/Z, but mainly because they talk waaaaaay to much in Zero, creating a slow plot. Though the dialouge is pretty interesting at points (a lot of philosophy), I watched it for the action and music. Though this is still in UBW to some extent, it's not as strikingly obvious. However, it's been over a year since I last watched F/Z, so I probably need to watch it again...

I also think that RYB fits as its ED and is an amazing song in general, even if it creates some mood disonance (ex. *important character dies a tragic death* *play really happy uplifting music*). It was probably composed to relieve some of the tension and dark atmosphere of the show, also to show that there's still hope in that world. Probably its biggest problem is that it is outshined by Brave Shine (sry I had too :XD:) and Last Stardust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brave shine is interesting but I don't prefer song like this. I like RYB more. Ok, my taste is weird:XD:

I much preferred F/Z to UBW, it's just got a much more interesting cast of characters and much more interesting dialogue. I actually liked the talking segments, that one episode with Gil, Rider and Saber just having a chat with some booze was actually amazing.

I do like RYB (although it should've been shorter) but Brave Shine outdoes it by far. That's mostly due to me being an Aimer fan and that BS is incredible, though, it's one of my overall favourite songs of the year. DAWN also made my shortlist for album of the year too, for that matter.

I think they used RYBITS at the perfect time. Using it again wouldn't have had the same effect so I don't know how they could've dealt with the mood whiplash without yet another song.

Back