Kalafina Performance in PARIS announced!!!

Eurostar ticket is booked. Hotel is booked. I'm only there for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but it's pretty much confirmed. I even have a few hours spare on Monday to hang around the city centre afterwards! Mission accomplished! :sohappy:More or less. I still have to get to London, but that's the easy bit.

@FxMacCobra: that's really comprehensive info on the venue, so thanks. I'd heard how big the place was, but it would be really daunting without some idea of what's where!

@george1234 : *laughs* it's just a fan-run site rather than a commercial one, so we don't get paid sadly. Still, I think the press pass is being arranged, so I hope to have more camera access and possibly(?) interview some of the guests. I'll have to ask about the specifics of what I can and cannot do.

@george1234: Sorry not yet !
I think we have to wait for the planning.

I have my idea on the question but I do not want to give you a wrong information.
Wait and see.

@Martin : I am happy to read that you can come.

Thanks a lot again FXMacCobra for your explanation! I can't wait to have the information for the sunday live waaaaaa
(I'll take with me Record for the autograph session :))

Indeed, this information is useful.

I'm still a little confused about the one entry only thing though. I'm assuming that if you have a 5 day ticket that you'll be able to get in once per day and once you leave again, you're screwed. Guess I'll have to be really careful on Sunday.

Is it even confirmed we'll have a signing session? Trying to decide what to take if we do. I'm thinking the 5th Anniversary Live.

The signing session will surely be also for Kalafina, as in the other events, but we have to wait JE staff for the details of the schedule!

Some news on the Japan Expo website that may interest you ^^
http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/fr/animations/saiko-stage_1363.htm
http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/fr/actualites/programme-ca-commence_2772.htm

Okay, here is the final schedule program :

Friday 4th July
- 13:00 - 14:00 : meeting and game with Kalafina
(maybe something quite similar to the one that happened at AnimagiC)

Saturday 5th July
- 15:00 - 16:20 : Great Event Japan in Motion on the Japan Expo Stage

Sunday 6th July
- 14:00 - 14:45 : Kalafina performance at the JE Live House
- 16:00 - 17:00 : Japan in Motion handshake

oooh perfect!!! :)

So the autograph session maybe will be after the sunday live! right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.
I do not think there will be another showcase but maybe we still do not know all the signing sessions for Kalafina.
I will inform you as soon as I get some news. ;)

@HimeWakana : the handshake is not a signing session. You meet and make an "handshake" with the artists. For the Japan in Motion handshake, there won't be just Kalafina but also Natsuko Asô, moumoon, Suzuka Asaoka, Jaru Jaru and Funassy.

Seems the Japan Expo site updated.

Kalafina's page mentions that their showcase will be at 2pm on the Sunday, so just after lunchtime. Sounds good to me.

The Saiko! Stage page also mentions 'artists present for signing sessions, like Kalafina, moumoon and also Yusuke Nakamura', so we should be getting a signing session. Presumably this is going on during the 'meeting and game' between 1 and 2 on Friday since it doesn't mention them anywhere else on the schedule for that venue.

but with the game I think they'll have no sufficient time for the autograph, by the way we have to wait more details! Let's hope for two sessions like during AnimagiC <3

At the SAIKO! Stage, it is not a signing session but a meeting like the one we have the last day of the AnimagiC convention.
The signing sessions are not yet announced.

Kalafina appears in the TV show Japan in Motion.
You can watch it for free until the 17th of July : http://noco.tv/emission/13402/nolife/japan-in-motion/s10e38

Here is a quick translation of the part of the video with Kalafina :

Wakana : Good evening to all the Japan in Motion viewers
Kalafina : it's Kalafina

The narrator : Kalafina - Since their début in 2008, all their albums reached the 10 first places in a famous weekly japanese ranking. Those young ladies meet with success in each places they have sung in.
It is also thanks to the animated series Puella Magi Madoka Magica Kalafina managed to get famous all around the world. Due to their great vocal quality when interpreting the ending theme made them to retrieve a lot of fans.
Try to get some more information through the exclusive interview.
Exclusively for Japan in Motion, they have accepted to answer to a few questions.

First at all, what do they do during their days of rest ?

Keiko : Personnally, I like to play sport. When I am not working, I play table tennis or I train heating the ball at baseball. I try to do things I cannot do usually. I like very much doing sport.

The journalist : When we see you we could not imagine it.

Keiko (laugh): Sure, Kalafina shows a tranquil image.

Hikaru : Our Music videos illustrate well the universe of our songs. But if you want to see a more dynamic Kalafina style, you should come to see us performing in live.

The narrator : But it seems to be in their live performances something we do not see in their music videos. It is something to experiment by yourself.
Kalafina had the opportunity to seduce their fans in Asia and United States but their more cheerful dream is about to become true : their first concert in France on the JE Live House stage at Japan Expo.

Hikaru : We have already been in Germany for an event. There was some french people we met there. We had the chance to exchange with them a little in japanese. Some of them asked us : "Come to see us in France". By consequently, we are really impatient to produce ourself there. We hope to see them again.

Wakana/Keiko : Yes, we really want to see them back there.

Keiko : For young women like us, Paris is the symbol of elegance. It is the city of fashion, art , macarons and sweet. This city symbolizes all the dreams of young girls.

Wakana : I want to be dressed elegantly and walk in the stree with a bread under the arm.

Keiko : Really ?

The narrator : the band has a message for the ones who do not know it yet.

Keiko : It is the first time we come in France, we want you to discover our true personality. That's why we want to give the same energy that the ones we perform in Japan.

Wakana : There is in our live performance something we do not find in our CDs. Any of us has the ability to take the vocal lead, so we will be pleased that you can feel and appreciate each of our voices. Listen carefully at our melodies and the harmony of our voices. We want you to feel that during our performance. There will also be some more dynamic moment we want to share with you.

Keiko : We have the opportunity to perform for the first time in France, each of us is really so happy of that. We will be pleased that as many people as possible will come to see our show. See you in France !

PS : Please do not make copy of the video to put it on internet. Why ? Because the Nolife TV is a television which lives thanks to the subscriptions to the noco system and it would be a great prejudice for them. Moreover, it could make problems with the japanese teams which realize the show (Japanese are really scared about hi-jacking).

EDIT :
Confirmation that Kalafina will perform a short live during the Japan in Motion event on the Japan Expo stage.

More information here :
http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/actualites/l-emission-japan-in-motion-fait-son-show_102773.htm
http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/animations/grand-evenement-japan-in-motion_1403.htm

Maxcobra thanks thanks again for this precious video! <3 I really hope they'll wear "The best" dresses <3

@FxMacCobra: Thank you so much for all of the information you've provided! You've really helped me on tickets and travel around Paris , especially as I have no hope with the French language XD Hoping to see some of you there * winks @ HimeWakana*:ayashii: Still no information on autograph times, this is killing me :imdead:

Back