Kalafina Performance in PARIS announced!!!

oooh yes I really want to buy "Door" t-shirt +w+

Since that one is already sold out in the Space Craft store, they probably won't be selling it even if they wanted to...

Wait... there's the Toki Media logo on the CD box in the last pic - does this mean they are going to release it over here?

I'll be there for all five days, though I'll probably use one day to visit the city centre. Is there some kind of meeting planned?

oooh yes I really want to buy "Door" t-shirt +w+

That is exactly what I want. I doubt they'll have it though, since it was an exclusive. I'm still kicking myself even now for not finding a way to get one back then :vortex:.

I would love any T- shirt as I've never bought one from CD Japan ( shipping costs are just too expensive >_<)

@Seasonreaper: I just realised you're from the UK? Same here! I'm from London :D Hopefully we can meet up on Sunday? ( I'm trying to do the Saturday afternoon autograph after my flight gets in XD)

I would love any T- shirt as I've never bought one from CD Japan ( shipping costs are just too expensive >_<)

@Seasonreaper: I just realised you're from the UK? Same here! I'm from London :D Hopefully we can meet up on Sunday? ( I'm trying to do the Saturday afternoon autograph after my flight gets in XD)

I am indeed. Seems quite a few people are, I know at least 6 people who are going and that's just from people I know already. Most of them are going at different times though so I'll probably miss them.

Getting there and going straight for an autograph sounds hectic! I'm just hoping I can get into at least one session across the weekend, having something personally signed by them sounds amazing :plz:.

Thats great! I dont know anyone else other than meeting HimeWakana XD Yeah it's crazy but sadly I'd already booked my flights and hotel stay from Saturday-Monday, so I'll be missing all the other autograph opportunities on Friday and early Saturday! I have no faith in the draw system so Saturday afternoon is my only chance, even if it's a day or running:cry: I'm even allowed to bring my hand luggage if I'm short on time at the airport :sohappy:

Last edited by a moderator:
quote: "That is exactly what I want. I doubt they'll have it though, since it was an exclusive."
Let's hope let's hope! :cry:

@PeachPitt321: Damn JE!!! èè But we'll have the autographs ùù we have to believe :)

I'm definitely around Friday, Saturday and Sunday - Thursday is going to be 100% travelling from first thing in the morning till late evening. I do have all of Monday morning and afternoon to do a bit of sightseeing around the city though, which is cool (Notre Dame FTW!) I picked up a street map with a map of the Metro on the back, which will come in handy.

The scheduling worries me a little, but I'll sit down and give it a thorough read-through tomorrow morning. Kala are the act I want to see most, but it would be a real shame if I missed all the other events and guests because I'm standing around in queues all day!

OK well, I'm going to bed now, shall be leaving early in the morning. I think my hotel has free wi-fi so I'll keep a check on the threads on my phone.

I'll be wandering around the event from Wednesday onwards, probably in the Live House since there's quite a few bands I want to see. If you see a guy with longish brown hair, glasses, some form of Kalafina or Madoka related shirt and a Kyoko Sakura messenger bag, it's probably me so feel free to say hi :goodjob:.

Hope to see you all there and enjoy the lives, I'm sure I will. Can't wait :plz:.

I don't think that I have fully understood the signing system... Do you know if the signing voucher is valid only on the day it was issued?

I just found the following text in the ticket guide:
N’oubliez pas, vous pouvez tenter votre chance qu’une fois par jour, par tirage et par personne !

Google translates this as:
Remember, you can try your luck once per day, per person per draw!

Is that translation accurate? Does it mean that you can apply for a draw each day seperately, even if there is only one (JE organised) signing session on Sunday? Or does this only apply when there are multiple signing sessions on different days?

For standard tickets, you're limited.

N’oubliez pas, vous pouvez tenter votre chance qu’une fois par jour, par tirage et par personne !

means
Don't forget, you will be able to perform only one try per day, per person (ticket owner) and per draw

This note is only for draw system.
In the past year, the signing desk delivered only the entrance tickets for signing sessions which happened the same day. So, you cannot try to participate at the draw for signing session which happens on Sunday on Friday for example. I do not think things would be different this year.

Do not forget too
You can have only one signing per guest during the whole festival

So choose wisely.

FxMacCobra: Thank you for your explanation, I think I've got it now.

So choose wisely.

Yeah, I know - I'll probably pick the Consolation photo book if I get the chance (which is unlikely). But the signing sessions which take place at an exhibitor stand do not count for this "only one signing per guest", I guess?

I don't want to drag the thread off-topic with needless worrying, but have these lottery things worked out okay in past years? It sounds like something that can easily leave people confused and disappointed. I know there are a lot of people and limited time, so I hope the organisers do it fairly!

I don't want to drag the thread off-topic with needless worrying, but have these lottery things worked out okay in past years? It sounds like something that can easily leave people confused and disappointed. I know there are a lot of people and limited time, so I hope the organisers do it fairly!

I heard that this draw system is new and this is the first year they're starting it! But I'm sure FxMacCobra can confirm or deny this :ayashii:

When I heard it was draw, I was worried too, given the 50% win or loose chance, especially if you can only draw once a day. That is why I am doing the Saturday afternoon autograph session at the Coooby the Run stall. But imo, I think 'first come, first served' is fairer.With this draw system, Kalafina fans and others for other artists may not get the one autograph that they really want. I've already paid quite a bit just to get to Paris alone sooooo cross fingers! But if you don't win, you can still shake their hand on Sunday afternoon :goodjob:

@PeachPitt321 : thanks. I'll be giving the whole thread an extra read-through to get the tiniest details right, but because I have a press pass I may not be eligible for certain things. Sure, it allows *some* extra access - hopefully I'll be able to take some cool photos of the weekend to share with everyone - but the rules had to be tightened up apparently after press pass holders abused the system by selling on/giving away signing tickets. It'll be well worth asking them to explain the T&Cs when I get my pass I suppose, just to make sure I don't clumsily break the rules without realising!

Yeah it makes sense to tighten the rules because of signing exploitations. Still I agree, there's no harm asking and you'll be fine! I look forward to read your review at the Expo ! The map looks huge compared to HyperJapan in London- our "biggest" Japanese expo :uh..:

Also the Japan Expo phone App is really cool, it gives you a 3D route for getting around different stalls!

This event is immense! Honestly, none of the UK cons I've been to can match it either. Even though it would never have been able to host so many high-profile guests, I still miss Ayacon... :comeback:

Just in case we do a meetup at any point, I put up a link to a recent photo of me: http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/post-your-photo-here-knife.837/page-108#post-249475 I'll be wearing a 65DaysOfStatic, Macross or Shounen Knife T shirt, depending on the day (yes, I've started packing already :hero:).

Not sure if anyone's interested, but apparently the pillows are going to be there. iirc they're a really cool band (they're on the FLCL soundtrack, if that helps) so if I get chance to go to that event, it'll be a nice bonus!

This event is immense! Honestly, none of the UK cons I've been to can match it either. Even though it would never have been able to host so many high-profile guests, I still miss Ayacon... :comeback:

Just in case we do a meetup at any point, I put up a link to a recent photo of me: http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/post-your-photo-here-knife.837/page-108#post-249475 I'll be wearing a 65DaysOfStatic, Macross or Shounen Knife T shirt, depending on the day (yes, I've started packing already :hero:).

Not sure if anyone's interested, but apparently the pillows are going to be there. iirc they're a really cool band (they're on the FLCL soundtrack, if that helps) so if I get chance to go to that event, it'll be a nice bonus!

Have you been to Minamicon? You look familiar and that's the only place I can think of that's possible.

Yeah, the pillows are on the SAIKO stage which isn't listed with regular guests for some reason. I'd be interested in seeing them myself.

I'm at my hotel now, which has wifi, but my phone doesn't get any service at all in France it seems, so I'll only be able to check the thread between days.

I heard that this draw system is new and this is the first year they're starting it! But I'm sure FxMacCobra can confirm or deny this :ayashii:

It is not totally true. It is the way the draw system works is new. But there were selection by draw for signing session in the previous years.

If I'm thinking correctly, you can go to the signing draw booth at any point on the day that it's on to do the lottery, right? So I could go at 10 in the morning on Sunday to try for the Kalafina signing at half 5?

There's a band I wouldn't mind seeing performing at half 5 so if I can draw earlier on that'd be good, as then I'll know and be able to see the band if I'm not able to get into the signing.

On the alltheanime fb, someone asked a question and alltheanime replied:

All the Anime Il y aura un nombre de tickets limités par séance de dédicaces. Toute personne achetant un CD de Kalafina pourra bénéficier d'un ticket pour la dédicace de son choix dans la limite des stocks disponibles.

I got this translated as a friend as :

There will be a number of limited tickets for signature sessions. Everyone who buys a kalafina cd at our stand will profit from a ticket for a signature session of THEIR OWN CHOICE (if still available).

Is this true then? Because I can't seem to find the source of the autograph session at Coooby The run on Saturday afternoon ( fxMacCobra could you kindly put the link you found this? Japan Expo has nada XD).

Otherwise I will move planets and try and go on Saturday morning! :hero:

Back