Kalafina Performance in PARIS announced!!!

Seems simple enough. I just hope I can get in there if Kalafina do one. Since it seems to indicate bringing your own stuff to sign, I guess I'll need to decide what to bring too...

YEESSSS!!! if it's sunday then I can go watch them!!! must buy my plane tickets :D

Sunday is good...means I may only need to take one day off work at most (still not sure where I'm going to stay...).

Good news about the signings too - one of my friends missed out both times in Germany and still feels annoyed about it. This event certainly seems well organised.

What are all your thoughts about the live show? Backing track or full band?

Hello, dearies! Only a Kalafina concert within traveling distance to bring me back from she shadows!

I have a question about this. I woke up this morning with the wonderful news that the showcase would be made on Sunday, but I only see mention about a showcase. Will they not give a concert? Does anyone have any information about this? My stay at the con is limited since I really don't have the budget to go every day, so knowing the full details ASAP would be really precious.

Normally, "showcase" means live performance. But do not wait for a one hour (and more) live performance. I think it will be between a half an hour and a 45 minutes performance.

From my point of view, it will probably be a backing track show.

Besides their showcase on Sunday, you will have the Japan in Motion event on Saturday

Thank you!:plz: I hope you are correct! :glasses:

I'd rather a full live, but I don't mind if it's a backing track show or if it's a little short, I still really want to watch them perform and this is probably the best chance I'll get!
Thank you very much for your answer!:idol:

Some of you ask me for a confirmation about the presence of Kalafina on Saturday. So coming from the official facebook wall of the Japan in Motion show :
:nophoto:

Translation :
On Saturday the 5th of July
Great Event - Japan in Motion to thank all its fans.
[Place] Japan Expo Scene (means not the JE Live House)
[Time] 15:00~16:20
A lottery will be organized : a travel to Japan to win. (not quite sure it will be opened to foreign people)

Thanks a lot for the information! :) I have booked everything and now I'm really excited fuuuu

I still need to book travel but other than that I'm ready.

Currently chilling with a bottle of cider and watching the After Eden live at a respectably high volume. Would watch the others as well but I currently only own the one Blu-ray. :comeback:.

I still need to book travel but other than that I'm ready.

Currently chilling with a bottle of cider and watching the After Eden live at a respectably high volume. Would watch the others as well but I currently only own the one Blu-ray. :comeback:.
Yup. ^ I reached the same conclusion...I picked up the Consolation blu-ray while on holiday, then after pouring myself a cold one and watching it after I got home I realised I was failing in talking myself out of this trip. :@_@:

The bad news is, flying or taking the Eurostar are as eye-wateringly expensive as each other, but I'm sort-of committed to writing an article on the event since my editor says he can't make it. Besides, the UK convention scene won't be able to host guests as high-profile as this, so the only alternative would be somewhere in the US...this is the best chance any of us in this part of the world are going to get!

It's Paris or bust... :vortex:

^ Well if you get paid from that site you submit you reviews at they could lend you some money for the trip, if they want the review alot :)

Yup. ^ I reached the same conclusion...I picked up the Consolation blu-ray while on holiday, then after pouring myself a cold one and watching it after I got home I realised I was failing in talking myself out of this trip. :@_@:

The bad news is, flying or taking the Eurostar are as eye-wateringly expensive as each other, but I'm sort-of committed to writing an article on the event since my editor says he can't make it. Besides, the UK convention scene won't be able to host guests as high-profile as this, so the only alternative would be somewhere in the US...this is the best chance any of us in this part of the world are going to get!

It's Paris or bust... :vortex:

Tell me about it. I'm kind of hoping in the future it'll be possible since we've managed to have Kyary, Perfume, Yoshiki, the Gazette and Babymetal over here in the last couple of years though.

I'll probably get the Eurostar. Never have liked the waiting around for hours aspect of planes. I have my hotel booked for the day before and after the Expo anyway so I'm not really in a hurry. I haven't seen them before and after they went to AnimagiC I said if they came that close again I'd make it there somehow, so this is my chance.

@george1234 : I try to keep it in mind.
Just some precision about the news put on the website.
Japan in Motion is a Japanese TV show at the beginning designed to the french. That's why the show can be watched on Nolife, a french television channel. It is not a part of Japan Expo.

No, it is something different.
If it is the same as the one last year, the artists will perform a few number of songs (about 3) and most of the event will be spoken. The guest will speak in Japanese and from that I read on the official website of moumoon, Misses Suzuka Asaoka (who is in charge of the relationship with Japan for Nolife) will perform the translation in French.
Keep in mind that in the Japan in Motion event, there will be many singers :
- Kalafina
- moumoon
- Asô Natsuko
and the event will only take place for 1h20.
Besides, the Japan in Motion event will take place at the Japan Expo Scene. The concerts, generally, take place in the JE Live House.

To give you an idea, here is a map of the "Parc des Expositions de Paris Nord Villepinte" :
:nophoto:
Last years, the Japan Expo convention took place in the halls 5A,5B and 6 and part of the hall 4
The hall 5B was divided in two parts : the JE Live House and the Main Stage.
The hall 5A hold many exhibitors and some small stages as the cultural stage, 100% Cosplay stage.
The hall 4 hold the Japan Expo stage (or Japan Expo scene depending the translation on the website).

Here is part of the map of previous Japan Expo :
planje2013.png

From what we know now, the Kalafina's true live performance is only the one announced on Sunday.

However, we can say a big "Thank you" to the Japan in Motion staff. From my opinion, I am almost quite sure that if Kalafina performs this year at Japan Expo, it's because the Japan in Motion staff has a deal with the group. (the reason why "Kimi no gin no niwa" was used as the Ending of the last season of the show).

By the way, to give you an idea of what looks like the JE live House stage, you can take a look at :
Un "Flow" de J-Rock s'est déversé à la JE
Le Kao=S s'empara de Japan Expo
(I apologize for the quality of some pictures because I worked with a new camera and a new lens I was not yet get used with ^^')

Thanks for all that info!! Since on sunday there will be the big concert are there any details out yet about it ? :)

Back