Yuki Kajiura Live VOL 15 ~ The Junctions of Fiction 2019 ~ (+ Soundtrack Special, Asia Tour -HK,SG,TW-)

I have a spare ticket for Friday 16 August at Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo:

2019.8.16(金)
SOLD OUT Open18:15
Start19:00
中野サンプラザホール
梶浦由記 (Piano・Chorus)
KAORI (Vocal) , KEIKO (Vocal) , YURIKO KAIDA (Vocal) , Joelle (Vocal)
是永巧一 (Guitar) , 佐藤強一 (Drums) , 高橋“Jr.”知治 (Bass) , 今野 均 (Violin) ,
赤木りえ (Flute) , 中島オバヲ (Percussion) , 大平佳男 (Manipulator)
Guest: Aimer

Please let me know if you are interested.

I have a spare ticket for Friday 16 August at Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo:

2019.8.16(金)
SOLD OUT Open18:15
Start19:00
中野サンプラザホール
梶浦由記 (Piano・Chorus)
KAORI (Vocal) , KEIKO (Vocal) , YURIKO KAIDA (Vocal) , Joelle (Vocal)
是永巧一 (Guitar) , 佐藤強一 (Drums) , 高橋“Jr.”知治 (Bass) , 今野 均 (Violin) ,
赤木りえ (Flute) , 中島オバヲ (Percussion) , 大平佳男 (Manipulator)
Guest: Aimer

Please let me know if you are interested.
May I get this ticket for my friend?

Let Smiley or someone else take precedence over me but if in the end they have to cancel, I'll take an option on this.

If someone asks for it within the next days I’d be happy for him/her to go. Let’s wait until Friday for example. If not; I’ll bring it !

Thank you in all cases @Kugayama , and I’m glad for your friend @Smiley . Let’s gather for a dinner afterwards ;)

I'm suspecting it's because the venue is basically by the HK international airport, so the Kajiura family don't need to venture far into the city. And the event organizer, being locals, most likely consider the situation from/to the airport to be safe enough. This is just my guess, though.

I'm suspecting it's because the venue is basically by the HK international airport, so the Kajiura family don't need to venture far into the city. And the event organizer, being locals, most likely consider the situation from/to the airport to be safe enough. This is just my guess, though.
Seems to have been the case indeed. Some of them mentioned on Twitter how they couldn't visit the city because of the chaos.

Thanks Kerahna and Zuiyon~

The main theme of "Kimetsu no yaiba": Bretty good. Keiko did very well with the melismas. It probably would've been easier for her to sing the higher notes if she added more nasality like Chiaki, but still not a bad performance.
Old-fashioned fairy tale: Not sure who's singing the main voice (Joelle I think?) but it sounds smoother than the original. Bretty good.
Fake wings: Oooh new-ish arrangement, now with flute~t. I almost skipped the beginning since there was no intro hue. Joelle made it her own. Really nice.
I swear: the beginning was way too soft. Her delivery was loose. Good thing she eventually added some weight to her singing. Seems like Kaori doesn't sing her solo anymore. It's all Keiko now. Wait no, it IS Kaori hue.
Forest: It's half what I expected it would sound with Joelle. But she's a jazz singer so she's of course going to play with her voice. Love it~
Sweet song: Other than the pushy singing she loves doing (and even then she didn't do it much), I think she sounded bretty good. Her pitch was good, unless I missed a moment, hue. Also, less drums more percussion please.
Petals and butterfly: lovely Yuriko~ Wish it had additional vocals tho, like a new bridge or something. Mebbe on HF3.
He comes back again and again: Fierce Yuriko~ (Holy fuck, Keiko's doing the actual bass part). I wasn't expecting a Tokyo Konsei track to be sung by FJ. Now I want more TK live.
Absolute configuration: pretty much the same as the one from vol 11.
Hoshikuzu: No complaints here. Well, maybe the "iliya iliya" kajiuragos. They're shortened a bit, so there's a bit of silence between them. Sounds kinda odd.
Kaze no machi he: same complaint I have from the vol 9 performances. Keiko sings it way too softly. When the original song was recorded, Kajiura asked Keiko to sing like an older sister. If she's not singing with a fuller voice, then that Onee-san tone Kajiura wanted is completely lost. Flute sounds really nice in the cello solo tho.
Elemental: It was mostly fine, though at times Kaori sounded like she was pushing her voice too much, and other times like she completely dropped her support. Sounded odd.
Storytelling: Could do with less pushy singing at the end of some phrases (man, I read the actual term for that shit and I totally forgot what it was). Other that that, it was fine
Moonlight melody: Yuriko is the loli! Tbh I think Keiko (or Asuka) as the loli using the soft voice she used in previous songs (it would actaully fit here, hue) and Joelle as the other one would've been a better combination. The performance ain't bad though.
L.O.R.D. main theme: Oof bretty good. Was hoping Joelle would belt in the bridge and at the end, but I guess it's not in her range.
Fiction: I wasn't expecting Yuriko to sing the haiyayayai the bridge. Great performance.
Vanity: I thought it was a different song based on that new little intro hue. Joelle was pretty much perfect.
In the land of etc: No complaints here. Bretty good.
Luminous sword: As good as previous performances.
She has to overcome her fear: as good as the one from that SAO live.
Maybe tomorrow: Joelle took over. She sounds really good and added her own style... though she messed up the lyrics in one part hue.
Za warudo: Bretty good overall. Joelle took over again hue. Oof, I need a clearer recording of that ending plis.
Stone cold: Kaori adds the energy Wakana lacked in the refrain. It actually sounds bretty good as a FJKaori song. Just less pushy singing plis. Sounds like they and the audience had fun with this performance.
Zodiacal sign: oof dat flute solo. The rest is as good as previous performances.

Amazing what a lack of Wakana and Hikaru can do. Honestly, just adjust the volume of each voice and it could be released in blu ray as it is. Well, maybe fix Kaori a bit, hue. But yeah, it sounds pretty good and enjoyable. I like that Kajiura added some flute to some songs to mix it up a bit. Hope she keeps doing it, specially on songs that are performed often (salva nos, mezame, etc). Full rearrangements would be better tho. Imagine, Mezame metal version.
Yuriko was pretty much perfect, as usual.
Joelle was excellent and added some freshness to old songs. Love that she always tends to add her flair to her songs and solos.
I feel like Keiko got a little worse. Her voice isn't as strong and resonant as it used to be. I believe she said she didn't sing at all during her hiatus so that might've affected her. Hope she improves by the next live/recording/whatever. Also, Keiko my dear, you can sing softly and still use your full voice. Edit: she wasn't bad btw, just not as good as I know she can be.
Kaori's pitch was not flawless but it didn't ruin any songs for me, as far as I remember anyway. If she would stop doing that pushy singing she would be as good as Joelle. When she wasn't singing like that she sounded great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then don't mind if I do check how I feel about Joelle after a year. Thank you @Zuiyon.
  • Keiko sounds v v gud in Kimetsu. Not sure if the track works for me live past the calm opening though - too many stops and breaks destroying hype. I still dislike the choir too...
  • old-fashioned fairytale is not a good track for lives going by this.
  • fake wings, OK kinda sold on Joelle already. she's not doing that crescendo with forced vibrato at every note and glisses like during AX live. (at least that's how I remember it lol I didn't bother relistening to it)
    (Also, is this going to be a thing this live where every tracks ends on a whimper rather than with a bang?)
  • I really didn't mind the soft singing on I swear? Quite lovely.
  • forest, lovely... Sweet chorus work during the beginning of 2nd verse. Didn't really care for Yuriko's vocals during the bridge. Rie must've been pretty excited during the bridge cause of all the kicks??don't know how to call that in a flute performance lol...
  • Too much belting on Sweet Song for me. Granted I don't like the song that much in itself... Kaori wasn't the cancer that she was during key of the twilight during AX thankfully. Too much wobbly belting.
  • petals and butterfly. Sounds to me like Yuriko didn't warm up and is squeezing it out (or is it the harmonies that are giving it that impression? dang the recording quality! ;p) or maybe shouldn't be trying singing "delicately" for the high melodies... :| It's like she's scared of hitting them notes. I don't know - I guess as a Yuriko stan, I'm sad now. It's similar to how she sounded last year during AX lancer and assassin when reaching the high note except back then she fixed it by the 2nd time she had to sing it.
  • Oh hey, lol, in HF thread this is the track that I said the violin was doing unKajiura things in @ He comes back again and again. It was okay. Again, not sure about the chorus performance but can't pinpoint who was at fault. And maybe it is the recording...
  • Same for absolute configuration. The violin sounded funky sometimes like it didn't match with the playback...
  • Not gonna lie the very intro to Hoshikuzu made me smile. Velveteen rabbit was magic. The live vocals are kinda a mess all around but I enjoyed some single moments in the backing - who did the first high note @ 1:26:50 (and then the same thing a minute later)? Joelle or Yuriko? Presume Joelle cause it sounds like Yuriko is struggling during the iliyailiya parts.
  • Kaze no machi he was fine. Suffers from being in a pretty boring setlist IMHO.
  • elemental, I liked the instrumental? Kinda wanted to skip the song tho. Not that the performance was bad, I guess I just don't like the song.
  • storytelling, I thought Kaori felt the most at home in this one.
  • moonlight melody, that transition into the track after storytelling was horrible. Yuriko... what's going on... maybe it's not just the delicate singing... :( Joelle's solo was v gud but when other voices joined in I lost interest since it didn't sound great (including Joelle I think).
  • L.O.R.D Theme was v gud for what it was. No hype in the instrumental from the pocket recording I presume.
  • fiction & vanity were gud once I got into Joelle's groove. Keiko's solo during vanity's ending was still great. But Emily ftw. ;p
  • in the land of twilight,under the moon, Yuriko finally sounded like herself and good. Maybe she warmed up over the course of the live... Kaori sounded p gud too. I liked the gitaa solo. :) I feel like this remains a great pick for lives.
  • luminous sword & she has to overcome, uh... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I guess in a pretty boring setlist they work... but I still simply don't enjoy them...
  • maybe tomorrow Joelle might be dying after vanity, lol, but she's still hitting/belting dem high notes...
  • za warudo by Joelle??!?? wat is this nonsense?? still feel like she's dying after vanity... gitaa solo again. gud ending too.
  • skipped stone cold cause noise
  • zodiacal sign seemed ok and nice new solos but I can't say I was paying much attention cause of the noise and being tired after how long I've been listening to this pocket recording lol
tldr: Boring setlist is boring. Very happy with Joelle (though I feel like she may have died after vanity). Sad about Yuriko. Very happy with Keiko (my only issue was Hoshikuzu and everyone was a mess there, lol). Not raging with Kaori (as I was after AX recordings).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to add a brief, personal commentary on Joelle's Forest. FINALLY, with the song sung by someone with proper English pronunciation (other than Emily), I could finally hear "come take my hand" with ease because when Wakana did that line it sounded veeeeeeeery close to "come take my head" in my ears.

I just want to add a brief, personal commentary on Joelle's Forest. FINALLY, with the song sung by someone with proper English pronunciation (other than Emily), I could finally hear "come take my hand" with ease because when Wakana did that line it sounded veeeeeeeery close to "come take my head" in my ears.

I'd like to point out that the next line to "come take my head" would be "let me be in your forest".

Back