Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#14 ~25th Anniversary Special~ (June 30 – July 22, 2018)

I definitely forgot about Gensou Rakuen, whoops! Has that ever been performed at any of their lives?

On another note, while I know any kind of release from these lives (audio only or otherwise) is probably slim, I hope Yuri Kasahara gets to sing Materialise

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Gensou Rakuen has never been performed live or arranged for a new release. Materialise has been performed few times and released in one of the live CDs but never on BD/DVD release.

Oh... that released materialize live, the one in which Wakana sounds like edible fowl. That is forever etched in my memory haha.
What a pity... it's my second favourite from live 10 :(. Yuri was super great on that day.

I thought yuriko sang materialize in that release.

Yuriko & Wakana shared Yuri's parts. Yuriko starts and ends the song, whereas Wakana takes the middle parts (and the end too? The messiness of the vibrato at the end makes me think they both sang at that part). The vibrato difference between them is key to distinguishing who is singing.

Yuriko & Wakana shared Yuri's parts. Yuriko starts and ends the song, whereas Wakana takes the middle parts (and the end too? The messiness of the vibrato at the end makes me think they both sang at that part). The vibrato difference between them is key to distinguishing who is singing.
Ah, so that's what happening. Lol, I thought Yuriko was just getting tired as the song went on.

Isn't it the same singer doing the "yabuhii" through the whole song? And near the end, there's a second high voice going "ahhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhh uhhhhhhh" at the same time. I always thought the "yabuhii" was Yuriko and the "ahhhhhhhh" was Wakana. I think the "ahhhhhh" part sounds good. I'm not going to say anything about the "yabuhii" because my okaa-san always told me if I can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all.

@george1234 That's a shame Gensou Rakuen hasn't been performed live. Hopefully it'll be remembered one day. Also, I do know Materialise has been preformed before (and released once), but as grunty said we haven't heard Yuri preform it live.

I love Yuriko in the version we got, but still I wonder how different it'd be live with Yuri there.

The way I hear it, Materialise live goes like this.

0:00 to 1:06 Yuriko main.
1:13 to 1:39 Wakana main (Yuriko second voice?)
1:40 to 2:13 Yuriko and Wakana singing same line. Long "aaa" at the end is Wakana, with Kaori singing the descending "aaa".
2:20 to 2:46 Wakana main.
3:15 to 3:46 Yuriko and Wakana singing same line. Long "aaa" at the end is Wakana, with Kaori singing the descending "aaa".
3:46 to 4:13 Wakana main, Kaori singing descending "aaa", Yuriko sings "aaa" in the middle.
4:20 to 4:47 Yuriko first, then Yuriko and Wakana same line once all singers join in.
4:47 to end Yuriko and Wakana. Yuriko sings final yofabe/yofahe/yabuhi/wuteva.

1:13 to 1:39 Wakana main (Yuriko second voice?)
Yuriko is definitely the second voice. I think she's singing notes higher than Wakana.

3:15 to 3:46 Yuriko and Wakana singing same line. Long "aaa" at the end is Wakana, with Kaori singing the descending "aaa".
I'm not sure about Wakana holding the long 'aaa' from 1:40 to 2:13 because when it repeats here, I definitely hear Yuriko's vibrato at the end of that 'aaa' and goes directly to her 'yabuhii' part.

3:46 to 4:13 Wakana main, Kaori singing descending "aaa", Yuriko sings "aaa" in the middle.
Wait omg, is that Wakana doing the 'yabuhii' part over them? I thought Wakana did the 'aaa' in the middle and Yuriko sang over them.

4:20 to 4:47 Yuriko first, then Yuriko and Wakana same line once all singers join in.
Isn't this part before they all join in the same as 1:13 to 1:39 or am I mishearing?

Yuriko is definitely the second voice. I think she's singing notes higher than Wakana.
I wrote Yuriko, but I believe it's actually Kaori singing.

I'm not sure about Wakana holding the long 'aaa' from 1:40 to 2:13 because when it repeats here, I definitely hear Yuriko's vibrato at the end of that 'aaa' and goes directly to her 'yabuhii' part.

I do have some doubts about that part because Kaori overpowers the main voice there.

Wait omg, is that Wakana doing the 'yabuhii' part over them?

Yep, it's definitely Wakana.

Isn't this part before they all join in the same as 1:13 to 1:39 or am I mishearing?

It's definitely Yuriko main, and I guess it's Kaori singing the second voice. Which probably means Kaori is also second voice with Wakana on 1:13.

Joelle sang Fiction.

Joelle's rendition made me cry. Really happy to have Fiction included.

It's most likely Crush from Pandora Hearts. It was often misspelled like that (and we know they perform it live).
I was anticipating/hoping for a Pandora Hearts after that. Hahaha.

This blog has a breakdown for vocalists:
http://yurry.blog.jp/archives/24773508.html
http://yurry.blog.jp/archives/24774097.html

Apparently Remi was singing in more songs than her section at the end.
But also ASUKA did a lot more if it's correct...

Edit:
Himeboshi was Hanae and Yuriko wow...
Not going to lie, other than salva nos and the world, I'd rather get the first day released out of those 2. ASUKA being in so many songs is fascinating and I'm not the biggest Remi fan. ;p

Don't think so, given the loss of Spacecraft support. The costs for this are not small.

*sigh* I buy a good HiFi system and I cant even listen to the latest performances from my favourite group. I hope demand for dvd/bluray release is high.

Back