Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#14 ~25th Anniversary Special~ (June 30 – July 22, 2018)

^sales start at 12:30 today and long queue as usual

Yesterday queue, I am approximately number eighty person when I arrive one and a half hours ahead
7D30D1FA-A200-403A-BE29-4665496AC137.jpeg

Considering there's no Keiko or Wakana, this is still a decent and fresh in sound setlist IMHO. ^^ I'd kick out forest and everytime you kissed me if anyone asked for my opinion before the live. :p (Edit: Oh yea, obviously longing would be gone from the setlist too. I presume Joelle did delete so I'd be curious about that one.) Also, MADLAX criminally ignored again but there's more lives left... (fingers crossed for those Eri/Yuri dates).

> @ritardando I'm only curious of who sings Keiko's part in dream scape
But Himeboshi without Keiko does not spark your curiosity? ;p

And who did moonlight melody?

On a more personal note, please STOP using "Ensei". Triggered. Let that incorrect name die. Thx.

Tbh i still don't know the proper romanization for that song bcs the last time i checked this site also lists that song as both ensei and himeboshi lol
And no it doesn't spark my curiosity because it's only like 1 and a half minute song and anyone can do Keiko's part :p With dream scape they need 4 persons otherwise the choruses wouldn't work out.
And it's not necessarily a fresh sound because as expected the Japanese songs are Asuka's+Kaori's songs and the English songs also are also mostly the ones Kaori covered before. The Yuriko main vocals ones are also a duet by her and Kaori (L.A. + canta per me).

Still a boring setlist because the only fresh part is the princess principal ost and tbh the setlist doesn't cover her extensive 25 years career. Having Hanae around but don't perform any KnK or even Madoka songs other than I miss you? Lazy lazy lazy.
Moonlight Melody mite be asuka as it's around the part when we know asuka's around. And maybe Asuka did Keiko's part on dream scape seeing at that setlist she would've entered at moonlight melody and left after mada dame yo. Just a speculation.

Another edit but for a 25th anniversary, this sure is a kinda sad and pathetic anniversary because Yuuka chose not to be around anymore, Kalafina is pretty much dead, not having Wakana+Keiko = no FictionJunction group songs and severely limits the possibility of Japanese songs to do, and see-saw is see-saw lmao. no see-saw covers either like in vol.10 and 12 and the FJC special ones where Asuka sang some of non anime see-saw songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious on how Joelle did as well. I like her in Ibarano Rakuen. Yuriko and Kaori both have gotten pretty good at English, but I was so impressed with Wakana's English in vol 11. She must have really studied the songs... but I am waiting for a surprise visit from them. lol one can hope... The other 2 must feel kind of weird on stage without them, even with the other singers there. And yeah, she could have had more instruments for this live, since it is a big one. I thought it was still a Space Craft event though, or did it change?

I think it a pretty nice set list, but I agree that it doesn’t cover any of the early parts of her career.

Vol. 12 felt more like an anniversary celebration with the sheer amount of new songs and instrumentals.

^Everlasting songs is pretty early, and the Xenosaga ones as well.

Also hoping for Gatherway. Come on! I want to see Calling though too.

Also hoping for Gatherway. Come on! I want to see Calling though too.
According to the note from the last page, Calling is on the setlist from yesterday.

The setlist probably could've been better for me, but if somehow someway it was released, even as audio only, I'd get it.
I assume the only songs different for todays setlist will be Remi songs (probably mostly SAO) instead of the Hanae ones.

Tbh i still don't know the proper romanization for that song bcs the last time i checked this site also lists that song as both ensei and himeboshi lol
It's "Himeboshi". Kajiura confirmed it way back. https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/143553068548620288
The HiME-star in My-HiME is referred to as Himeboshi so I always wondered if the incorrect "Ensei" name got this popular just because Nipponsei tagged it that in their release...

Still a boring setlist because the only fresh part is the princess principal ost and tbh the setlist doesn't cover her extensive 25 years career. Having Hanae around but don't perform any KnK or even Madoka songs other than I miss you? Lazy lazy lazy.
I totally agree that this live does not cover 25 years but I also expected that since the guest announcements. I guess I had already lowered my expectations back then (if I had any - I mean, it's not like I was going to any of the concerts, lol). If YUUKA, Chiaki or Saeko Chiba can't be there, I wouldn't want their songs covered on these "anniversary" lives either. Sad there's no instrumental tracks... eh.

I'm totally expecting Madoka to be represented with Credens on Eri's live. ;p
Hey, maybe something on Yuri's live too? But Yuri is probably just going to do Point Zero and maybe some arrange from Heaven's Feel...

I don't think dream scape "needs" 4 singers. Wakana barely did anything there. If it gets released, we'll hear how that goes. :D

Edit:
As for the overall "freshness" comment, I think you're being a little unfair.

7 songs never performed or released before (there were no concerts since the originals were released); (8 with Calling, since that's a solo Kaori Oda song and I don't remember if it was done before; 9 with fiction, cause I also don't remember; 10 with mada dame yo since I don't know if it was performed before)

As for the rest without Keiko/Wakana:

7.Everlasting Songs < needs tweaking, possibly remove the live original parts in the middle
8.dream scape < needs tweaking (for Keiko's parts, Wakana didn't do much :p)

11.L.A < no changes needed
12.Canta Per Me < no changes needed

14.forest < new lead singer, since released live is with Wakana on main vocal
15.everytime you kissed me < new lead singer, since released live is with Wakana on main vocal corrected, tweaking for backing vocals and Wakana's kajiurago solo
16.Key of the twilight < backing vocals need tweaking

17.lotus < even if this is Hanae version (not Wakana from LIVE BEST#2) then backing vocals need tweaking for Keiko's parts
18.satoyama main theme < no changes
19.let the stars fall down < no changes
20.媛星 < needs tweaking (for Keiko's parts)
21.目覚め < needs tweaking, original live Wakana x Keiko part possibly removed?

EN1.the image theme of Xenosaga II <- needs tweaking (Wakana and Keiko featured prominently)
EN2.Sweet Song < backing vocals need tweaking

I don't know, that's plenty of new lead vocals and tweaking necessary to call it low effort (assuming they didn't just playback those parts, lol).

Edit: All that complaining about it and I still copy/pasted it to my own post... removed now.

grunty, personally, I rather have her drop the 25 anniversary. If she going to end up repeating the other YKlives and FJC later events, it is pretty much a sheer disappointment. It might as be called the songs you missed several years a ago, but she using now for is the anniversary. I rather have it Kaijura with so and so would be better. After all, there isn't enough collaboration, nor are they using their other talents. As for guests, well, Kaijura has problem of shoving guests in corner, then taking them out last minute.

15.everytime you kissed me < new lead singer, since released live is with Wakana on main vocal
That one was sung by Kaori, hue.

21.目覚め Mezame < needs tweaking, original live Wakana x Keiko part possibly removed?
Hanae could sing Wakana's part since it doesn't really interfere with anything else she sings.

EN1.the image theme of Xenosaga II <- needs tweaking (Wakana and Keiko featured prominently)
I really want to hear this one. Wakana was always bad on her solo.

That one was sung by Kaori, hue.
Oh sorry, brainfart. (Just shows how much I really care for some of those lives. lol.)
Hanae could sing Wakana's part since it doesn't really interfere with anything else she sings.
That still is quite a tweak since I feel like that part relied heavily on Wakana x Keiko dynamics.
I rather have it Kaijura with so and so would be better.
Of course we'd all rather have "different performers", "more from older projects" and "more of previously not performed" things. We we've been complaining about that for the past 10 live tours or so. ;p I did not say this was a perfect setlist anywhere. It's not even great. But it also could've been worse.

https://www.lisani.jp/0000108122/

梶浦由記 独立後初のライブ『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#14 “25th Anniversary Special ”』開催!

1807012000-yh-001-705x470.jpg

梶浦由記のライブツアー「Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#14 “25th Anniversary Special”」初日公演が6月30日、千葉・舞浜アンフィシアターにて開催された。
前回の「Yuki Kajiura LIVE Vol.#13 “~featuring SWORD ART ONLINE~”」から約2年ぶりとなる今回の「Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#14」は、文字通り梶浦の音楽活動25周年のアニバーサリーツアーであると同時に、長年所属したマネジメント事務所から今年2月に独立してから初めてのツアーでもある。
全公演のチケットは追加公演含め即完売。ツアー初日のこの日もグッズ販売のブースに長い列が伸びており、ライブの前から参加者の期待と熱気が会場に満ちあふれる中、いよいよ開演の時を迎えた。
梶浦由記(Piano・Chorus)のグランドピアノを囲むように、是永巧一(Guitar)/佐藤強一(Drums)/高橋“Jr.”知治(Bass)/城元絢花(Violin)/赤木りえ(Flute)/大平佳男(Manipulator)と3人のボーカリスト:KAORI/YURIKO KAIDA/ASUKA(結城アイラ)がスタンバイする中、円形に張り出した舞台の中央にもう1人のボーカル=Joelleがせり上がってくると、2000人を超えるオーディエンスから大歓声が巻き起こる。
1807012000-yh-003.jpg

「fiction」「forest」をはじめ梶浦ソロ名義のアルバムからの楽曲、「everlasting song」「dream scape」などFictionJunctionの楽曲、そして「longing」(『劇場版 ソードアート・オンライン -オーディナル・スケール-』)、「lancer and assassin」(劇場版『Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]』)といったサウンドトラック曲群まで、梶浦の表現世界を高純度で凝縮したような、シネマティックで神秘的な音楽空間が繰り広げられていった。
曲によって2人/3人/4人編成とフォーメーションを変えながら、澄み切ったコーラスワークを展開していく4人の歌姫。さらに、「lotus」ではこの日のゲストボーカル=戸丸華江が登場。色彩感豊かに鳴り渡るアンサンブルを、凛としたハイトーンでひときわ美しく彩ってみせた。なお、今回のツアーではライブごとに日替わりのゲストボーカルが出演、1ステージごとに唯一無二の響きを生み出しているのも見逃せない。
1807012000-yh-004.jpg

「今年独立し、皆さまに音楽を自分の意志で届けられるように、FictionJunction Musicという会社を立ち上げました」と梶浦はライブ中のMCで観客に伝えていた。また、秋には新たにファンクラブを設立することも発表。25周年の「その先」へ向かう梶浦の意志と音楽探究心が、壮麗な歌と音像とともに確かに立ち昇ってくる、珠玉の名演だった。
「Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#14 “25th Anniversary Special”」はツアーファイナルの7月22日・中野サンプラザホール公演(追加公演)まで全5公演にわたって開催される。
●ライブ情報
「Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#14 “25th Anniversary Special”」
2018年6月30日(土) 千葉・舞浜アンフィシアター
2018年7月1日(日) 千葉・舞浜アンフィシアター
2018年7月12日(木) 大阪・NHK大阪ホール
2018年7月15日(日) 千葉・舞浜アンフィシアター
2018年7月22日(日) 東京・中野サンプラザホール[※追加公演]
出演
[Piano & Chorus]梶浦由記
[Vocal] KAORI, YURIKO KAIDA, Joelle, ASUKA(結城アイラ:Except 7/1)
[Guest Vocal] 笠原由里(7/15, 7/22), 伊東えり(7/12, 7/22), 戸丸華江(6/30, 7/22),Remi(7/1, 7/22)
[Guitar]是永巧一
[Drums]佐藤強一
[Bass]高橋“Jr.”知治
[Violin]今野均(7/12, 7/15, 7/22)、城元絢花(6/30, 7/1)
[Flute]赤木りえ
[Manipulator]大平佳男
関連リンク

An actual piano for that setlist? Seems like a waste lol but it's her celebration so whatevs...

From the lisani article: new fanclub opening this autumn.

Setlist for today: http://www.ywykk-hkw.club/entry/2018/07/01/191203
(This blog claims Hanamori no Oka was also performed yesterday after Calling so I don't know how accurate they are.)
  3. MC-1
  4. longing
  5. delete
  6. shadows and fog
  7. MC-2
  8. moonlight melody
  9. Crash (O.S.T)
  10. 優しい夜明け
  11. salva nos
  12. MC-3(お題コーナー歌い手Ver)
  13. dream scape
  14. Calling
  15. 花守の丘
  16. L.A.
  17. canta per me
  18. MC-4 (お題コーナーFBMVer)
  19. Fiction
  20. forest
  21. key of the twilight
  22. everytime you kissed me
  23. Rainbow
  24. MC-5
  25. swordland
  26. moon and shadow
  27. she has to overcome her fear
  28. MC-6
  29. luminous sword
  30. En: the world
  31. En MC
  32. En maybe tomorrow
※2016年公開の「爵跡(L.O.R.D)」のエンディングクレジットを見る限りでは、Joelleさん歌唱は、Theme Song(Kajiura Language)の記載とWe Fall in Loveの記載があります。

So instead of Hanae they got a lot more Remi.
Is it safe to assume only the songs that were replaced in this live featured ASUKA yesterday? (everlasting song, まだダメよ)
Maybe Kajiura sings in dream scape @ritardando? ;)
I really expected ASUKA to be part of moonlight melody going by the studio version.

Also who did the world?
And who did Yasashii Yoake? (I think we only got YUUKA's version before.)

Oh my goodness that was such an amazing concert!! (I did manage to get in alright with absolutely no problems despite having a resold ticket, after losing an indecent amount of sleep worrying about it)
Joelle is so good!! I was really surprised since I wasn't expecting to like her very much, but she is excellent. Of course I want Keiko and Wakana back, but I think Joelle should stay, too. It was really nice to hear that she lets her high notes have vibrato and it sounds so natural and lovely (as a singer who's spent this year trying to figure out how to compromise pop and classical styles) And Yuriko Kaida has improved a lot! I've never been impressed with her on earlier recordings, but she did a really good job. Or maybe it was because my right ear is about 60% not able to hear at the moment. It was musically a very tight, professional performance.
I was literally moved to tears by both "forest" and "Maybe Tomorrow"

But on to business: Here's some logistical information I would have liked to know before going today. Hopefully this will be helpful to other people who stress out too much going to later lives. The goods selling starts three hours before the house opens, but the line was not horrible. I arrived 15 minutes after they started selling, waited maybe ten minutes at the most, and by the time I got outside again, there was no more line, though I imagine people were coming through pretty steadily all until the concert. They checked my ticket going into the merchandise room. You cannot buy merchandise unless you have a ticket for that day. There was another line outside for the memorial stamp, which also wasn't very long. By the stamp was where they had the box of gifts for the performers. You had to put the name of the person you want to send a gift to on the outside of the gift. They won't just assume it's for YK, I guess. People lined up again when the house opened, and they took tickets at the outside door. There was a bathroom inside the theater, and it looked big enough not to produce astonishing lines before the show.
So, takeaways:
Lines are not too bad, no need to arrive three hours early and suffer standing in the hot sun for hours
You cannot buy merchandise except on the day for which you have a ticket
The gift box is by the memorial stamp
They won't look at your ticket carefully enough to tell whether the name on it is correct or not, even if it's really obviously not
There's a bathroom inside
The live is amazing~

And Yuriko Kaida has improved a lot! I've never been impressed with her on earlier recordings,
How very dare you... :p jk
Just felt like saying it as a stan of Yuriko Kaida's abilities (which is not to say I think she always sounds great *cough*LIVE BEST#2canta per me*cough*).

You cannot buy merchandise unless you have a ticket for that day.
I think this was announced before the lives for this particular one. Not sure about the other lives.
From Yuriko Kaida's CD page: ※7月1日の物販は、会場の決まりによりチケットをお持ちのお客様しかグッズ購入が出来ませんのでご注意下さい。
Edit: It's on Kajiura's site too. http://www.fictionjunction.com/fjcom/livegoods.html
Or do they have that restriction for both days and I'm just reading it incorrectly.

Glad you had fun. Hope your hearing gets better fast. (I would know that flippin sucks.)
Hope we can hear how Joelle works in those old songs sometime. I'm sure she's better than Wakana though. *whistles*

How very dare you... :p jk
Just felt like saying it as a stan of Yuriko Kaida's abilities (which is not to say I think she always sounds great *cough*LIVE BEST#2canta per me*cough*).
I know, I always feel bad criticizing any of them... But I really enjoyed Kaida's performance tonight, and that's what matters. And she's always a superb chorus singer, even if she hasn't shown the best solo voice in the past.

Back