Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#12 / "7days" "Orchard" Special

Orchard related: edge by KEIKO on DVD release plis!! And I really wanna hear "historia ending
Non-Orchard related: Yes @ritardando the irony is remarkable LMAOOOO!!!
And @lapis, love the profile pic and the gif - you had me Rollin in the river of life with that head shake LMAO!!

Asking sarcastically what Wakana did to deserve such irrational hate counts as an attack now? Okay, then. I'll keep it in mind to cut back on the snark.

They're cutting back on MC for Orchard live so that they can reduce MC time and put more songs in. There's a lot more musicians around too so if she asked everyone a question during MC they're going to have problems keeping to the time limit.

As for Tasogare no umi... I got the impression that Keiko took over because Kaori was not in top singing condition during the Tokyo lives. She didn't sound that bad to me but during one of the MCs, she mentioned that the FBMs asked if she her condition was bad because she has been holding back on her usual alcohol dose (probably as a joke but you can't deny that there could be some truth to it. It being the part about her not being in top condition, not the lack of alcohol intake being the cause). I'll just say that I thought Keiko had much more power than Kaori's really weak day 1 rendition of the song. A friend told me that they performed much better in Osaka than in Tokyo. My ideal scenario for Orchard hall would be for Keiko to perform it on one day, Kaori to do it on the other and have them release it all on BD. HUZZAH!

Asking sarcastically what Wakana did to deserve such irrational hate counts as an attack now? Okay, then. I'll keep it in mind to cut back on the snark.

I think what happened was that there was a miscommunication via reading of texts :XD: Often times, the style in which people type, i.e. use of emoticons, use of proper grammar and syntax, use of periods (lmao!) or question marks/exclamation points, can be perceived differently by different people. I'm a classic example of someone who can get offended easily by reading too deep into these elements :XD: This is the caveat of internet messaging. We are all human, with human qualities, who depend on human facial expressions to complete a true conversation. It really is nobody's fault; perhaps if we were in a room with tea and crumpets face to face, none of this would have even happened :tea:

I don't really see the criticism of WAKANA as being "irrational". Like @lapis said, "they all got problems", to which I agree. Perhaps what lapis mentioned earlier about WAKANA fans jumping on attackers was a reflection of what has happened in the past when people criticised the group in general or individual singers; and as the irony was beautifully pointed out by @ritardando, terming the criticism as irrational is a clear representation of this phenomenon. What you may see as "irrational" seems to me as "plain-old critique of a singer's vocal abilities". You may not agree with me; I may not agree with you. But to term the other opinion as irrational may be taken the wrong way.

I think the way to solve issues is to evaluate the situation and come up with a resolution where all parties understand each other, not to ignore it and diffuse the situation and waiting for it to drown out among the words; otherwise, with the issues lingering, we will never truly move on. @Hatouchan, I am not attacking you in this post; rather, I am trying to find a resolution. Communication is key to resolving problems, and it begins by putting down the wall of sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness (not saying anyone has done so already :XD:). I speak from experience as a retail associate LMAO

Orchard-related: I have noticed that KAORI has been decreasing in energy as the LIVES go from vol. 2, to 4, to 9, to 11... In 11, she looked PISSED!!!! What's up... is she sick of FictionJunction? Has she moved on to bigger and better things? She used to be so full of energy together with KEIKO, dancing together and whatnot... To read that she is "lacking in energy" nowadays pains me.

Orchard-related: I have noticed that KAORI has been decreasing in energy as the LIVES go from vol. 2, to 4, to 9, to 11... In 11, she looked PISSED!!!! What's up... is she sick of FictionJunction? Has she moved on to bigger and better things? She used to be so full of energy together with KEIKO, dancing together and whatnot... To read that she is "lacking in energy" nowadays pains me.

I wonder about that too. I really want that old playfulness back :comeback:

I don't really see the criticism of WAKANA as being "irrational"
I was talking more about Wakana being put in the spot light though. I never said anything about her singing. I don't care what people actually say about her singing. I enjoy what I enjoy and if you can't do the same, that's your loss and not mine. I know when the girls are not doing well *coughhikaruatbudokancough* and point it out when they do. If you think I bury my head in the sand pretending that they are the epitome of singing then you don't know me very well. I've already highlighted how her voice has changed for Mizu no Akashi and have indicated my preference for her old voice. If one line is all it takes for Wakana to be in the spotlight though... I suppose I should look at that differently. It's clearly a compliment. Not even I would find her that powerful.

Edit: Ah shucks, right after I said I would keep my sarcasm in check. I have to be better than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the soundtrack special, were the tracks performed with any special arrangement or were they pretty much the released versions but live?

If you have heard the 2010-2013 collection you should know how they are like, short rearrangement but loyal to the original at the same time.

^ ya know, they have such a weird array of random household item merch that at this point I honestly don't remember whether those Kalafina toilet seats were an actual thing or something that was just made up for laughs :XD:

^ *spits drink* OH MY GAD GEORGE WHAT, also isn't that somewhat contradictory to their non-sexy/clean image? XD

Come to think of it I don't even use (read: haven't even removed the packaging) off the various Kalafina mousepads I have for fear of rubbing their faces off with my mouse over time. Just logo is ok but anything with their faces on I can't bear to use for fear of ruining it :XD:

Come to think of it I don't even use (read: haven't even removed the packaging) off the various Kalafina mousepads I have for fear of rubbing their faces off with my mouse over time. Just logo is ok but anything with their faces on I can't bear to use for fear of ruining it

HAHAHA I'M SUFFERING IN GLEE FOR THIS ALSO.

But then again I'm okay with making gifs and screenshots of them in weird poses/expressions

The number of people who can't follow through conversations ...
Use the Ignore function people.

I swear if there's a dislike button ...

(somewhat) Quick post.

Orchard special day 1
Let's start with the bad.

No cameras. Absolutely none that I can see. Give up on a video release. You're not gonna get one.

The setlist seemed to lean heavily towards soundtrack day. Kinda disappointing setlist. Seemed to feature more songs that show off strings. Like with Kajifes, having so many guests simply reduced FJ's time on stage. I found FJ's time to be absolutely lacking. Biggest disappointment for me came from this. Another thing is the lack of high energy songs. Where is zodiacal sign?? Where is stone cold??? The crowd hardly had any reason to stand up this time. There was no climax song.

Sound was not optimal. Probably also due to the sheer number of mics and sound sources. Balance was horrible. I could not hear keiko when she's harmonising. She's fine when she leads but you can't hear her otherwise. Drums are sometimes too loud, and sometimes drown out even the strings. There were also several instances where we had feedback howling. Long and loud, but thankfully not sharp. Several mic mistakes. Wakana's mic was not on during her intro, kajiura's mic cut off at times during mc. I hope it'll be much better tomorrow.

Lighting isn't as bad as June. There was just one instance where I couldn't see anything since all the lights were shining on the audience. I was reminded that on one of the near final lives for June, yuriko kaida was mislead by the lights that lit up early, and started singing her line early.

Let's get to the good.

TASOGARE NO UMI BY KEIKO.

The strings are glorious when you can hear them. I'm pretty sure kajiura chose songs that showcased strings (let the stars fall down? Decretum? Venari strigas?). Hanamori no oka for example. Dat cello. Holy shit that cello. Mizu no akashi too but more on that later.

TASOGARE NO UMI BACK WITH KEIKO!!!

*ahem*
It was our first time we having the Percussions and uilleann pipes with vocal tracks too. Main theme of xenosaga II with the uilleann pipes! Percussions everywhere! I think the only time I didn't really like the addition of Percussions was lotus, but it is otherwise a very different experience (in a good way) with the Percussions around.

DID I MENTION TASOGARE N-
Seriously though. I'm upset they only performed one song out of the 3 new covers but keiko leading Tasogare made up for it somewhat. Somewhat... I miss Kioku and edge. Keiko was glorious today. Granted the kaori version I heard was rather weak that day, but I do think that keiko suits the song pretty well. I find her version much more interesting.

Mizu no akashi is usually performed live with just kajiura on the piano accompanying wakana. Today though, we got the full strings treatment for the second half, much like the studio version. It's good. Her voice still isn't as low as it used to be, but she sang well today. It was a moving performance. Wakana was a little slow to start and kajiura had to wait for her but it was otherwise perfect. Strings arrangement is new. They had a section with just them and the piano.

Ring your song, with 7 vocalists. Itou eri lead for the first part but they sang it together after. 7 people harmonising! "so we'll leave for tomorrow" and "I will calm all your sadness" was particularly beautiful. They went very very high, harmonising.

Kajiura cut most of the Mc today to fit more songs in.

Still think itou eri does red rose better than kasahara.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/KORE1225/status/622650451872210945

オーチャードホール2日目。Feat/中島オバヲ!

CKQZSURVAAAywmG.jpg

the unreleased SAO<?> song from performed at the earlier 7 days (Remi and Kaori) has now a title "moon and shadow" so I guess the ost will be released soon

What really ? Release it with what occcation ? The anime has stopped airing. Will then do some OST compilation ala Madoka/KnK ?

Does anyone have the 2 setlists ? :stars:

Back