Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the manga idea. I'm down for it if anyone else is (I have terrible drawing, so at most I can do is scriptwriting).

So here are most of the ideas so far as well as the people that support each. If the quoted post isnt enougth just tell me to update it

should I put the POLL for 20 days, or more ?

1. fanfic manga
2. compilation of covers / arrangements (Kirito, Kowz)
3. reports on YK / Kala lives (sprXkyr, casarina, KONIcchi
4. misheard lyrics (Varete, KonIcchi, D-chan)
5. own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song (Daiima)
6. pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes (Konicchi)
7. PV song of Kalafina (george1234)
8. PV with us in (Cerise)
9. Opera (Daiima)

Short manga involving yuki/fj/kalafina pics on the net. Do it own dialog. Hee.

We could send new covers or arrangements, and/or ask people that have already made them if they would like to participate.

I like the fanfiction idea. And I still stand by my suggestion last year about our reports on hers and Kalafina's lives.

New idea- compilation of Misheard lyrics since there are so many FAMOUS ones out ther already:
Coffee Soda Coffe Pasta... Give me Something!!!

*Yuriko get me SOMETHING - Kajiura at 3am when getting inspiration even though she was awake for 30 hours already* /smacked
Come and get me some Martini...
Kajiurago is sooo easly misheard, and since we have such diversity in mother languages... OMG that will rock

I had an idea: each of us choose a song by Kajiura-Sama, and we write (not sing) a free text that fits in the rhythm of the verses. I know that's quite similar to last year's project...

No no, I was referring to the whole song. You write a free text in English, that respects the rhythm of the song. IE, if a song is made of four hexaphonic quatrains, then you'll have to write your text in the form of four hexaphonic quatrains too. It would have to sound smooth when sung, respecting the caesurae. As for Kajiurago I didn't think about it ^_^"

For example, with the first stanza from Sprinter:

You have this structure (I'm no expert of music so the cuttings as well as their notations might be not exactly right):

Something you could write in English would be (yes I know it's a silly text, it's only for the example):

The words are arranged so that they sound all natural, while laying harmoniously on the melody, and respecting the rhythm of the original lyrics (...well, almost, I've missed a bit the part after the last caesura...)
(For sure, the caesura, breathing and crescendo marks would not to be part of our final work ^^)

Why dont we take a picture of our yuki related merchandise with our birthday wishes in it? (em...but i myself dont have it much XD...)

Mmm we could try to realize our PV of Kalafina or FJ song (for example Yume no Daichi or Yume no tsubasa) or we could make a collection of fanfictions ^^

so far the thing I think we can do best is the PV but in this way: take a song, and find from its lyrics what kind of scenes it portrays like sea, forest, room etc, then find who has in his/her area a place with these characteristics, and we can choose the best, and each of them will film that place for the PV, and then we will combine them to make the PV. I suggest that there are no actors.

Some great ideas here! Just popping in another suggestion, maybe a fan video tribute like the one some fans did for Youtuber Markiplier:
Original vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1I1RxX6jU
His reaction (very cute lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZIUx_sTrYM

Except we could do it with one of Kajiura's songs with appropriate lyrics. We'd all send in photos like the people in the Markiplier vid did, each contributing a lyric. We could write it in Nihongo or maybe even in our own languages, or both? Or perhaps we don't have to do the lyrics thing and just do a tribute video compiling everyone holding up a message in a photo with a Kaji song playing in the background.

A video would require someone who could edit and do the timing, so I don't know if that's gonna be too hard or if we have anyone who's skilled at that kind of thing. I'm fine with whatever we do, though. (but I can't sing or draw very well so my contribution to those kinds or projects will be limited :XD: )

This new idea may rather be for next year instead of this one because it's gonna be an huge thing to make.
Listening to Kalafina loud, I got thinking "these girls really can sing opera with such gorgeous voices", and then...
Why couldn't we compose reperform songs by Yuki and write a whole opera piece for them to perform!?
We would need thinking heads to have ideas, poets to write it down (in any language they like), composers, drawers, and even maybe musicians and singers if we can do it (but only an illustrated book with the texts and the music scores would be great enough). Everyone could get involved!

In Soundtack of your life describe your life with YK songs (random or choosen).
Yami no Uta is what I would associate with my birth/creation in general.
Credens Justitiam& Sis puella magica would be childhood/what i would have playing 24/7 for my child.
For me Ashita no keshiki is a travel song. Hearing it I remember of the places I've traveled to.
A Song of Storm and Fire is preparing for an exam.
Vanity is perfect to describe my lovelife somehow.
I'd love to hear Houseki at my funeral.... actually i'd get out of the coffin to hear it better-nvm
Everyone can have their pick or just use shuffle on mp3 player and then coment the results.
The idea can be worked over for awhile until it reaches its final form.

Last edited:
should I put the POLL for 20 days, or more ?

20 days sounds fine in my opinion. Abut the opera thing, can you change "compose music" by "reperform songs by Yuki" please?

Will we be allowed to vote for several options? I would go for 3, 5, 6 or 7.

Poll is now OPEN

• You can vote 3 choices
  • Durates for 20 days (till April 2)
  • you can find summary of the ideas HERE
At the end we will discuss about combining the winning ideas or doing one of them.

Just one small question about the manga.... how the heck will that work? None of us knows YK personally enough to know how she would act/talk/behave, so no one can truly write a script that would fit her. And then again... I'd feel very awkward reading a manga about myself in which that 'me' is nothing like me but has my name and looks like me...
Let alone the fact that I pray neither YK or the utahimes read this forum and find the existent fiction about them.

Also, why is there no 'Sountrack of my life' in the pool?
Shouldn't we post a reminder to vote on the website too? Since some read only the website, but might want to participate.

Last edited:
Yes I will put a reminder :)

The soundtrack of life isnt in there because we did something similar last year with songs. Doing it with BGM wouldnt it be much different. also the way you put it doesnt seem that interesting IMO. I can still put it in if you insist though

^Plus the manga idea would take awhile, so I did not vote on it. I voted for options 3-5. I think those are all doable.

Yes I will put a reminder :)

The soundtrack of life isnt in there because we did something similar last year with songs. Doing it with BGM wouldnt it be much different. also the way you put it doesnt seem that interesting IMO. I can still put it in if you insist though
In Soundtack of your life describe your life with YK songs (random or choosen).
Yami no Uta is what I would associate with my birth/creation in general.
Credens Justitiam& Sis puella magica would be childhood/what i would have playing 24/7 for my child.
For me Ashita no keshiki is a travel song. Hearing it I remember of the places I've traveled to.
A Song of Storm and Fire is preparing for an exam.
Vanity is perfect to describe my lovelife somehow.
I'd love to hear Houseki at my funeral.... actually i'd get out of the coffin to hear it better-nvm
Everyone can have their pick or just use shuffle on mp3 player and then coment the results.
The idea can be worked over for awhile until it reaches its final form.

Last year was picking a favorite song and describing how you felt the first time hearing it I think? (couldn't manage to download it)

^ yup

well its not a bad idea, but problem is that most of the songs are love-related, so its difficult to use them in other situations.

ok I'll put it

Can the compilation of covers / arrangements of songs option also include original songs inspired by YK's music? I'm working on a song and it's starting to take shape.

I wanna make a song that uses some elements of her music.
Like the calm way she ends her songs sometimes, for example in Forest,
or how the diffrent instruments are played...only some details, I can't play anything complex.
Just things I notice and like when I listen to her music.
The instuments I wanna use for the song are: guitar, bass, drums, a recorder and maybe a few percussion instruments.
It's gonna be a calm song with a simple melody in a soundtrack style.
Basically I wanna show my love for her music with a song.
I have no idea if I will be able to make a song like that...but I wanna give it a try.
I hope this answers your question, I'm not very good at explaining things.:desksweat:

It seems that soundtrack of your life take the lead. I need to start listen to all (if not all some) yuki old/new music XD

if it's about manga maybe I can help a little :ayashii: ... if someone already made the story of course.....

I've been working a bit on the song I wanna make for the project.
But so far I haven't showed it to anyone, so I'm not very confident about it right now.
So I thought that I should post what I have recorded so far, to get a second opinion about the song.

Just please remember that I'm an amature...:faint:

...here goes nothing...:imdead:

Reactions: aki
if it's about manga maybe I can help a little :ayashii: ... if someone already made the story of course.....

I on my side have a couple of ideas for a short fan-4koma to make if the elected CPM project doesn't inspire me (and the currently leading one is one of these) but absolutely no skill for drawing :XD:

Back