Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had an idea: each of us choose a song by Kajiura-Sama, and we write (not sing) a free text that fits in the rhythm of the verses. I know that's quite similar to last year's project...

Daiima, sorry i was confused XD

that would be difficult since most kajiurago have 2-3 syllable and english dont have that many words like that

@Glare: by interpretation you mean translation ?

How about interpreting the Kajiurago of each song? >_>

Its nice, but Kajiurago was kinda hard to interpret just like what George said. Maybe we can do this by adding some pics or some free texts that fits the verses of our chosen fave song, (with some bonus instrumental cover). Its really nice to try them all. :)

Translation works, although I was imagining something like what Daiima suggested (replacing Kajiurago with English/Jap as long as it fits the syllables). Wasn't sure whether Daiima was initially referring to the Jap song verses or the Kajiurago, so I decided to mention it. :)

We can always do something like interpreting Zodiacal Sign if normal Kalafina songs don't give us lengthy Kajiurago to work with.

No no, I was referring to the whole song. You write a free text in English, that respects the rhythm of the song. IE, if a song is made of four hexaphonic quatrains, then you'll have to write your text in the form of four hexaphonic quatrains too. It would have to sound smooth when sung, respecting the caesurae. As for Kajiurago I didn't think about it ^_^"

For example, with the first stanza from Sprinter:

kimi to // deai
kana//wanu yume wo mita
sore wa // ta-(a)t-ta // ichi⋅byou de koeru ⋅ e⋅i⋅en↗

You have this structure (I'm no expert of music so the cuttings as well as their notations might be not exactly right):
3 // 3
2 // 7
3 // 3 ⋅ 5 ⋅ 1 ⋅ 1 ⋅ 1↗

Something you could write in English would be (yes I know it's a silly text, it's only for the example):
I am so // excited
When I // listen to one of your songs
This makes me // re-lax-ed // to hear ⋅ something that's being ⋅ this ⋅ damn ⋅ great↗

The words are arranged so that they sound all natural, while laying harmoniously on the melody, and respecting the rhythm of the original lyrics (...well, almost, I've missed a bit the part after the last caesura...)
(For sure, the caesura, breathing and crescendo marks would not to be part of our final work ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't explain it better I think ^^
To keep simple: write new lyrics over a Kajiurian melody, ie, replace original lyrics of a Kajiurian song by new personal ones.

misheard kajiurago or kajiuragomeaninginyourlanguage sounds fun. we could make a dictionary from it:ohoho:
and maybe you could express this misheard situation in comic/short stories:plot:

@ Daiima: Sounds fun but a lil' ambitious though, if it's the full song

The words are arranged so that they sound all natural, while laying harmoniously on the melody, and respecting the rhythm of the original lyrics (...well, almost, I've missed a bit the part after the last caesura...)

the way you used Sprinter as an example really sounds great!.. It makes me wanna add some remixes with her other soundtracks. if only, orz XDDD

@george1234 we only have to add it, either as a text, or, for people who have the skill, as an image (for example redrawing of the cover of the single...)

Why dont we take a picture of our yuki related merchandise with our birthday wishes in it? (em...but i myself dont have it much XD...)

Back