Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or if dont have maybe with anime or games DVD where yuki did a song or music XD

Or if dont have any of those, a special page for the leftout fans to make the birthday wishes hahah~

oh well im out of idea XD

Anything related to Kajiura-(insert honorific of your choice here) would make the job, nuh? ^^

First of all, many thanks to @wormbook22 for this very helpful post :touched: It must've taken quite a bit of time compiling all that, but it is most appreciated since it's particularly useful to fairly new members like me that have no idea what happened in previous years, might not be able to find those threads, or might not have the time to go through them all :goodjob:

Secondly, since I'm already at it...

This is not the same type of "idea" as the ones above.
It says everyone should list 1-3 artistic talents they possess, then we decide what roles they can do.

I believe implementing that suggestion will be a good starting point in choosing the idea for this year's birthday project. Having a comprehensive list of all the possible skill-sets that our members possess will enable us to see what kind of idea will be most widely-accepted, or at least what kind of ideas are within our abilities.

For example, if we have a large number of members that are artists, then an art-related idea would probably be the best type to adopt. I stress on the would probably - it is merely an assumption. It does not necessarily mean that we have to make it a purely art-related idea and/or that it will be widely accepted. It is only a starting point.

It would also be a good idea to establish who can and cannot participate as soon as possible. If the participation rate is expected to be low, then it probably won't be wise to go with a complex idea as we may lack the right type/amount of people to finish on time. And although the saying goes, "better late than never", it's best to be on time for certain things :TdT:

Though, now that I think about it, the participation rate actually depends on the idea quite a bit :punched:

Anyway, it's not solid, but a crazy idea hit me after reading @Daiima's post:
My 5 cents: I would be for something that don't need specifical artistical skills. Something that would be quite "free" in its form (drawing, photograph, text... even a musical partition?) but made with a specific insight on our feelings about Kajiura-sama. I'm thinking to nothing in particular, but I find most of the previous projects too restrictive. The 2010 cover required singing skills so I wouldn't have been able to join, the 2014 book requiered drawing and/or English writing skills, and so on... I think that, at least once, everyone should be able to contribute the way he/she wants. Maybe around a set theme, to make it coherent, so that we can gather as many contributions as possible.

Why not do a bit of everything? (Or if not everything, then I've thrown in a few ideas down there which can be used individually)

To set some boundaries, the general theme can be, for example, "How CPMers See YK and her Utahimes"
  • The artists can express this in the form of art:
    • A simple example would be to draw good ol' fanart of YK or her Utahimes, which has probably been done/suggested already (or both :goodjob:).
    • Kicking up the difficulty level, you could literally draw how you see them, like how Kajiura-sama is perceived as a megami by many here :touched: (Or maybe Waka-shark, even though it's YKs birthday //is whacked to Jupiter)
    • And if anyone loves Hard mode, why not something symbolic? If YK is your guiding ray of light during dark times, then draw just that, and maybe add a short caption that doubles as an interpretation. (I read something about YK and coffee earlier... :ayashii::punched:)

• The writers can write a short, descriptive piece:
    • Easy mode: Why you love YK and her music :goodjob: It can include the feelings or memories they invoke within you (again, I feel like this has already been done, or at least suggested)
    • Maybe you could describe the images a certain song sparks off in your head. I've actually written something like this myself for track 13 of the Pandora Hearts OST 2, "A shadow" (if anyone wants to see what I wrote as an example, feel free to ask and I'll post it here, but it won't make sense to those that don't read/haven't watched PH :TdT:).
    • I've also seen suggestions for fanfics in previous posts, which works too. The possibilities are endless for this one.
    • You could even write your interpretation of your favourite lyrics, but I think this is similar to last year's idea.
    • An idea that I'd personally like to try anyway someday: "The Story of Your Life", written using nothing but YK lyrics :plot: You don't even have to be a writer for this one :sparkleguy:

• The singers/musicians can cover or make a remix of a certain YK song that they really like, or which they believe fits their perception of YK and/or Utahimes (or simply whichever song they like for whatever reasons). This has already been suggested a few times in previous posts, and even done before, if I'm not mistaken.

• The photographers can make a collage:
    • Perhaps it can be a collage of photos of the places that you are reminded of by particular YK songs (I think something like this has already been done? Correct me if I'm wrong)
    • If you're not a photographer but simply have a collection of YK-related photos, maybe it can be a collage made from that collection.
    • You could even make a gif image. It's quite simple but you could have a lot of fun with this if you've got the right images :plot: (I did a gif of my name a long time ago to use as a profile picture on some website, so it could even be a gif made using text/a combination of text and images)

And if anyone has any other particular talents, they can utilize those too :goodjob: (For example, I see that @Black Sword seems to have some talent with sprites :ayashii: Or if anyone's great at stitching, why not take up a challenge and try to make a YK plushie to send to her? :plot:)

Anyway, it can either be individual or group-work. The latter would probably be suitable in the case of covering/making remixes of YK songs, for example, as this is probably no easy task. The group would have to decide on one song in that case.

Overall, I don't think it will be too tough a project if people have the freedom to do whatever they're good at. The majority will get to participate this way. It also involves a lot of variety, and it would be interesting to see all the different ways everyone sees Kajiura-sama expressed.

It is, however, going to be quite difficult to compile (since it will probably involve various different types of media), so that's the major downside to this crazy idea. The best that can be done to make it easier is limit it even further somehow.

Other ideas that I found particularly interesting:
  • A suggestion to make a PV for an FJ/Kalafina song that doesn't have one. It's going to be difficult and may be quite restrictive though, depending on what kind of PV it is (e.g. animated or real-life?)
  • This and this idea of a manga sounded fun. It's actually possible if the whole community teamed up. Those with artistic talent could do the illustrations, while everyone else can help create the script.
  • And this idea to "write new lyrics over a Kajiuran melody" :ayashii:

Anyway, that's all for now. Forgive me for the extremely long post :bow:

idea that I'd personally like to try anyway someday: "The Story of Your Life", written using nothing but YK lyrics
Maybe something like this but instead of random, everyone will choose what song describes the best their life?

Soundtrack of your life, but unlike that thread, there are no boundaries or set topics, everyone chooses thiers (as in some people did not marry yet and can not imagine what song would fit it) and also writing a bit about why the song fits so well

@Black Sword you better read this

My epic results
8.Mental Breakdown: zodiacal sing
sarana maramiya irana maiya yanamarama
saramiya yanamara yayanamana yanamarama
saramiya yanamara yayanamana yanamarama :groucho:

9.Driving: Apocalypse
I guess I should be sorry for those who enter my inexistent car :omg:
12.Wedding: God is a girl -Groove Coverage
I'll marry a girl? :ohoho:

13.Birth Of Child: Strange names Tsubasa OST
It could have been worse... a strange name is not that bad :knife:

14.Final Battle: Angel of darkness
I will fight until the end :hero:

15.Death Scene: Materialise FJ version... An awesome death :sparkleguy:

Maybe something like this but instead of random, everyone will choose what song describes the best their life?

Soundtrack of your life, but unlike that thread, there are no boundaries or set topics, everyone chooses thiers (as in some people did not marry yet and can not imagine what song would fit it) and also writing a bit about why the song fits so well

@Black Sword you better read this

My epic results
8.Mental Breakdown: zodiacal sing
saramiya yanamara yayanamana yanamarama
saramiya yanamara yayanamana yanamarama :groucho:

9.Driving: Apocalypse
I guess I should be sorry for those who enter my inexistent car :omg:
12.Wedding: God is a girl -Groove Coverage
I'll marry a girl? :ohoho:

13.Birth Of Child: Strange names Tsubasa OST
It could have been worse... a strange name is not that bad :knife:

14.Final Battle: Angel of darkness
I will fight until the end :hero:

15.Death Scene: Materialise FJ version... An awesome death :sparkleguy:

I see :ayashii: (And yes, I've seen that thread before and I have intended to post in it for quite some time now but you know, procrastination is a strong force :punched:) But I like your idea :goodjob:

Just correct me if I'm wrong. Everyone will have certain 'topics' (or events?) of their life listed, then they choose a song they think best describes that particular event, and then write a bit as to why it fits (while quoting any relevant lyrics perhaps)?

That's a pretty good idea, Varete! I do think we need to do some trial runs to figure out how it would work/look, but I definitely think you're on to something.

Some great ideas here! Just popping in another suggestion, maybe a fan video tribute like the one some fans did for Youtuber Markiplier:
Original vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1I1RxX6jU
His reaction (very cute lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZIUx_sTrYM

Except we could do it with one of Kajiura's songs with appropriate lyrics. We'd all send in photos like the people in the Markiplier vid did, each contributing a lyric. We could write it in Nihongo or maybe even in our own languages, or both? Or perhaps we don't have to do the lyrics thing and just do a tribute video compiling everyone holding up a message in a photo with a Kaji song playing in the background.

A video would require someone who could edit and do the timing, so I don't know if that's gonna be too hard or if we have anyone who's skilled at that kind of thing. I'm fine with whatever we do, though. (but I can't sing or draw very well so my contribution to those kinds or projects will be limited :XD: )

This new idea may rather be for next year instead of this one because it's gonna be an huge thing to make.
Listening to Kalafina loud, I got thinking "these girls really can sing opera with such gorgeous voices", and then...
Why couldn't we compose and write a whole opera piece for them to perform!?
We would need thinking heads to have ideas, poets to write it down (in any language they like), composers, drawers, and even maybe musicians and singers if we can do it (but only an illustrated book with the texts and the music scores would be great enough). Everyone could get involved!

Yea, except almost none here knows how to compose / arrange songs :P

If Yuki herself hasnt made something like that yet it means its probably difficult

All ideas so far have a portion of impossible, or they are too complex, like will there be enough participants this time ? Usually we get around 30 - 50, and I dont see many supporting some of these ideas

so far the thing I think we can do best is the PV but in this way: take a song, and find from its lyrics what kind of scenes it portrays like sea, forest, room etc, then find who has in his/her area a place with these characteristics, and we can choose the best, and each of them will film that place for the PV, and then we will combine them to make the PV. I suggest that there are no actors.

I will start the poll tomorrow (sorry for the delay)

so far the thing I think we can do best is the PV but in this way: take a song, and find from its lyrics what kind of scenes it portrays like sea, forest, room etc, then find who has in his/her area a place with these characteristics, and we can choose the best, and each of them will film that place for the PV, and then we will combine them to make the PV. I suggest that there are no actors.

Yes, in this way we can do this *______*

That would be a good idea too!
About ththe opera thing, if we have musicians, they could adapt some kajiurian songs opera-style ^^

Hi, I'm just wondering if there will be room for any side projects.

Btw I like the PV idea, the opera idea is great too since Yuki likes opera, but operafying(?_?) a kajiurian song can't be easy...but who doesn't like a challenge.

Some great ideas here! Just popping in another suggestion, maybe a fan video tribute like the one some fans did for Youtuber Markiplier:
Original vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1I1RxX6jU
His reaction (very cute lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZIUx_sTrYM

this really reminds me of creative PV from Perfume - 'Hold you Hand': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomx9IzAS5A&t=143

Except we could do it with one of Kajiura's songs with appropriate lyrics. We'd all send in photos like the people in the Markiplier vid did, each contributing a lyric. We could write it in Nihongo or maybe even in our own languages, or both? Or perhaps we don't have to do the lyrics thing and just do a tribute video compiling everyone holding up a message in a photo with a Kaji song playing in the background.

Very good idea!.. looks like everyone will be able to participate with this one, using their own languages.:dote:
Those PV and Opera idea sounds great, too! :D

Lets forget about the opera, its ridiculously difficult for us to do that.

What cerise said, it was done before for Sound Horizon by Whitecrow. Its good idea, but I am not sure how many are willing to show their face

It's best to avoid ideas that involve things like faces since many people might probably be uncomfortable with that (but it is still possible to do a PV, simply exclude that bit and stick with nature scenes etc.)

^nature scenes was good, but it would be preferable if we provide memorable photos from Kajiura and her Utahimes for the making of PV~

This and this idea of a manga sounded fun. It's actually possible if the whole community teamed up. Those with artistic talent could do the illustrations, while everyone else can help create the script.

I can make some illustrations like this (it takes time, though):
B_6WA_bUYAAl2ix.jpg

B_4oHK0UwAAngGs.jpg

If we go through with this, and so I need a script. We should work together as you guys have told. . trying a a lot of variety would be interesting to see how we express our gratitude for Kajiura-sama in our own way and so that we can gather as many contributions as possible. :D
We could take this as a bonus, to think, at least. cause not everyone will be able to participate in such hard task like this. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back