Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
have a couple of ideas for a short fan-4koma to make
:stars: :stars: :stars: if the elected one is something that I can't help to do... maybe I should help you instead for the 4koma......

at least we can entertain the CPMers... :XD:

but everything is okay I think :tea: ..

So according to the vote the winning ideas are:
#1: Sountrack of Life (10 votes)
#2 Misheard lyris (8 votes)
#3: compilation of covers / arrangements of songs (7 votes) = PV of song of Kalafina / FJ / etc (7 votes)

I am not sure how we could materialise #2 in more than 2 pages. Its up to Varete to explain in more detail how to do #1

#3 could be done in 2 different archives, one for PV and one with the arrangements, i guess.

Lol. Sorry george.

Em...im still confused with misheard lyrics. Yes, kajiurago is easily misheard but how to tell that to yuki and wish her birthday at the same time...hmmm...
While soundtrack of ur life... So many good tracks but i cant decide. Can we fix a situation? Such as driving, fighting, arguing, cat fighting, etc

^ I agree. As funny as those misheard lyrics sound to us, telling that to her on her birthday seems a bit off

Reactions: aki
umm.. let's just start by listing down each other's Soundtrack of your life. damn, so hard to chose XDD
we still need more details to discuss on :)

well if I understood well Varete example before the poll, mine would be:

baby
"cradle" for making me sleep
"let the children play" for playing with toys or other kids
"with my friends" when with other kids that are friends

teen
"fairyland" for when walking through forest for school and back
"quiet life" for when relaxing
"Shinkai no Kodoku" for one-sided love
"Love is Power" for :psst:

and I dunno the rest :XD:

Varete has been nagging me to explain the "Soundtrack of Your Life," since she's too lazy to do it. Since I can use explaining that to extort her on our MMO, I will. :psst:

The basic rules for something like this would be:
1. Open up whatever music player has ALL or MOST of your YK collection.

2. Start it up on Random (if you really can't figure out how to start on random, turn random on and press the next button and use that song as your start).

3. List the songs as they appear as the theme song per event listed.

4. Do NOT limit your selection or fake what songs come up. This is game of chance with your music player, mostly to entertain the reader.

5. Have fun! The point is to react in a way to make Kajiura-sama smile. So, let's say you get "He Rules Us" for the wedding song. Well, you could make a doodle of the :ouch: onion, or just react in a funny way.

Y'all can do it like that, or you can go all super serious.

Actually there is no problem with soundtrack of ur life. its only about making a choice of music and situation in ur life. But how many situation should per person list out...? What is the minimum and maximum...? Is it up to oneself?

And how about winner no. 2 and no.3?
Emm.... Nvm, maybe i just go with no.1 :plot:

Just know that like each year its not my responsibility to drag people into the thread and feed them a pill of interest, to make them interested and active about the project. I see only 4 people commenting after the poll. What are you waiting for ? The ones that suggested the winning ideas should proceed to make details so we can see who is interested in the project in general, do our participants list and start submitting, because there are only 3 months left, and there is the content put-together too which takes around 2 weeks. If you arent interested we arent doing a present this year, its this simple.

@Black Sword: I still dont get it. So we will put random songs that pop up and not the ones we think that fit to each ocation ?

For the idea of PV I have imagined to create a video in which each of us has his vocal part and for the visual component, we could use pictures, drawings or video segments in which appears everyone :)

If we have enough material and participants, is it possible to proceed? But then the poll will be meaningless.

Oh well, maybe we can just proceed with the winner #1 + normal birthday wish from anyone who dont want or no time to participate in Soundtrack of Your Life + pictures/fanarts (lol)

oh I see what happened! after the poll some people changed their vote, since the PV when i announced the results has 6 votes and not it has 3. Anyway, since people arent interested I suggest we do the simpliest of the ideas, SoL, and maybe we could do the live reports ? since they are already there, the question is if she will be able to understand the english or we need to translate in Japanese.

if we did the PV we would have to take a close look at the lyrics, take out some scenes, and then film them in some way, and this is complex :(

Report....em...i dont have live report hihi.
I think yuki can understand english..

Can there be a column for simple birthday wish? XD

I have been busy lately, but going home today, so I have time to write.

First of all, my intention would be to have this year's present focused more on humor. The problem of course is what she will find funny and what not, buuut... after that cover with the raspberry bushes... I think she will not take it offensive.

The whole purpose of the misheard lyrics is to make people (especially YK) laugh a bit.
Best known example:
Swordland:
konti stora
arti asa
morti stora
midi morti

konti stora
arti asa
morti stora
irvi santi

Misheard:

Coffee Soda,
Coffee Pasta,
Toffee Soda,
Give me Coffee!

Coffee Soda,
Coffee Pasta,
Toffee Soda,
GIVE ME SOMETHING!
What's better than a good laugh? The past years have all been more 'serious' presents. I thought we could try a different approach.
So, start a kajiurago marathon and write what you hear! (Preferably Japanese, English and German since Yuki speaks those languages, but if you can explain well why that misheard Kajiurago is so funny in [insert language] feel free to do so!) There was once a Japanese fan asking (on Kalafina club I think, when YK was a guest) what they were singing in the Oblivious Kajiurago, it was ridiculous and everyone laughed.

The soundtrack of your life is split in two. Depends on personal preference. Be funny or be serious and emotional.
Steps would be:
1 Make a list on mp3 player, vlc, whatever music player with most YK music you have.
2 Write down some things like: Birth, Wedding, breakup, death... whatever you feel like! (I'd say between 10 and 20)
3 Start the songs on random order and see what destiny gives you! You can do it a few times until you are satisfied, and then start commenting what you got. For example when I did it with all my music, my driving skills got the song Apocalypse... You can imagine...
OR
Instead of getting the songs randomly you can pick them yourself, mention why they are so fitting etc.

Regarding writing our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song. I think it should be just a few lines, and in the end we have some people sing them (does that count as a cover?) Will post an example when I get someone to sing for me. Since more people will do it, we can just mash them in 3 minutes or so maybe?

Regarding the manga. For me the kodakawa manga is so great because it is based on real life events. When we will do it I suggest getting someone to translate FJUKATSU and then work a plot around those tweets.

A PV can include both us (I don't wanna show my face, but if other do their choice) and videos/pictures of nature/fanart/whatever.

@george1234 the PV idea has 7 votes, more than the "write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song" What's up with the pool?

I agree that if not enough people that voted show up to do what was voted we make whatever we have participants for.

What about announcing on the web-site too?

Last edited:
Back