Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The soundtrack of your life is split in two. Depends on personal preference. Be funny or be serious and emotional.
Steps would be:
1 Make a list on mp3 player, vlc, whatever music player with most YK music you have.
2 Write down some things like: Birth, Wedding, breakup, death... whatever you feel like! (I'd say between 10 and 20)
3 Start the songs on random order and see what destiny gives you! You can do it a few times until you are satisfied, and then start commenting what you got. For example when I did it with all my music, my driving skills got the song Apocalypse... You can imagine...
OR
Instead of getting the songs randomly you can pick them yourself, mention why they are so fitting etc.

Regarding writing our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song. I think it should be just a few lines, and in the end we have some people sing them (does that count as a cover?) Will post an example when I get someone to sing for me. Since more people will do it, we can just mash them in 3 minutes or so maybe?

Regarding the manga. For me the kodakawa manga is so great because it is based on real life events. When we will do it I suggest getting someone to translate FJUKATSU and then work a plot around those tweets.

A PV can include both us (I don't wanna show my face, but if other do their choice) and videos/pictures of nature/fanart/whatever.

I'm not very good at drawing...but whatever the final choice will be, I'll do my best :P

For the PV idea, since it got a decent number of votes, is it alright if we use dubsmash (essentially means lip synching Yuki's songs while making certain actions). This could make things easier, since you only need the app and a mobile device with decent camera resolution. we can even add humor to those actions if possible.

No problem but that's one of the last things to consider about it, first we need to choose whicch song we will do, which scenes to put on PV, how to do them (decoration?) which people have no problem showing their face in the vid, etc

Since more people will do it, we can just mash them in 3 minutes or so maybe?

Regarding the manga. For me the kodakawa manga is so great because it is based on real life events. When we will do it I suggest getting someone to translate FJUKATSU and then work a plot around those tweets.

A PV can include both us (I don't wanna show my face, but if other do their choice) and videos/pictures of nature/fanart/whatever.

Compilation of covers seems to be easiest one since a lot our members can sing or make some arrangements :)

About the PV, the dubsmash idea was great, but we don't know if everyone who voted in the poll will surely participate. (that includes me)

about the manga idea, if you would include this, I would like to participate but only 3-4 pages only (a4 size?) plus immediate translations from their blog might be interesting! forgive for some reason,cause I was very busy these days :(

Yeah, I did not do the PV since I thought it was you lip syncing the songs, correct? (You as in yourself.) So I would have to make a video, and then the person compiling it would put it in the PV? I wouldn't mind, I am just very camera shy. heh I would rather do the Soundtrack of Your Life, since I like writing and choosing songs to fit my life. I have to read the rules again. But are we just doing #1 then? Or 1-3? I am confused. We should make another poll for those 3 maybe?

^ look at my anouncement post here https://forum.canta-per-me.net/thre...ject-2015-poll-closed.5892/page-5#post-264638 these are the poll results unmodified.

I think we shouldnt do just one of them because its gonna be too small. At least 2.

not all people have to act in the PV, probably just 2-3 since what there's most in Yuki's lyrics are sceneries, and not that much people, and there are always ways to hide your face, like looking down, wearing sunglasses or a hood/hat, depending on which song we will pick (we will have to do an other poll for this)

I agree with varete, but I am going to do mine with choosen songs instead of random :)

Are you guys gonna cover a song like you did in 2010? If so I wanna help out with that.
I can help out with the PV idea too if theres need for any footage of woods or moutains.
Anyway I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm interested in these two ideas and that I wanna do whatever I can.

So according to the vote the winning ideas are:
#1: Sountrack of Life (10 votes)
#2 Misheard lyris (8 votes)
#3: compilation of covers / arrangements of songs (7 votes) = PV of song of Kalafina / FJ / etc (7 votes)

I am not sure how we could materialise #2 in more than 2 pages. Its up to Varete to explain in more detail how to do #1

#3 could be done in 2 different archives, one for PV and one with the arrangements, i guess.

Varete, can you explain further the misheard lyrics too ?

I was thinking of cutting the misheard parts and adding a sub with the misheard. Then adding a link to the video in the pdf file. Or if we make a webpage just put the video there.
Another famous example is Sacrifice: "amenta sama tidi" has been heard as "I'll make ya some martini"
To have enough material for this we would need people to marathon some kajiurago and share what they hear.
Some Darklore lyrics sound to me like.... I'd rather not share that....

Since it's almost June, should we just do the easiest? Quite a few people offered for manga. I can't draw, but I can enhance the scanned pages and add the text, sparkly background to make it look like an actual manga. I have experience: example.
Or the PV? Or... what's the easiest in your opinion? + some fanart

Im not so sure about the manga since it will be few people (4-5) working on it and the others wont be able to do nothing.
The easiest ones would be Live reports + merchandise pics + wishing messages in a PDF (idea #3 + #6)
and we dont really have that many misheard lyrics right ? (most are just engrish that we cant figure out until the booklet comes)

An other suggestion would be to send to yuki a list of kajiurago words and next to them what each means on our own language, plus original language writing (because, believe me, some do make sense, i dont talk about phrases or the italian sounding ones) [sorry for not thinking about this before the poll :( ]

^That's a really good idea, about the meaning of the Kajiurago, also if that's what she herself calls her language. But I like that idea, since I have wanted to write poems while listening to some of her just Kajiurago songs. I also like the merchandise pics one, since I have some pics already. Next we would have to decide who would put all of it together. I can help, but I don't want to screw it up like the cookbook was. *sigh*

Um... so is the project decided on by now or not? Is it Varete's suggestion which won the poll or something else? :@_@:

The poll is the poll, and the results were these (some people changed their vote after it seems), and we talked on how to do the winning ones, but because people werent that interested an time flew by we will probably do something easier which I describe here . Thanks for dropping by, I kinda miss you :XD:

I think we should start gathering PARTICIPANTS. Please announce your participation if you want to take part on this idea (first paragraph), and we can see if we do mine later :)
The easiest ones would be Live reports + merchandise pics + wishing messages in a PDF (idea #3 + #6)
and we dont really have that many misheard lyrics right ? (most are just engrish that we cant figure out until the booklet comes)

Since we will take the live reports from the past, that wont be a problem,
The merchandise pic is easy too. Gather all the YK & Co related stuff you have bought, arrange them nicely and take a picture :D

Last edited:
Back