Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2014

george1234

As promised this thread starts on March. For our previous projects check out last year's thread as well as this for last year's present (picture/poem/map book). So please dont suggest already done things.

and here's a suggestion for this year's project, by Black Sword and aki:
Better to just give this to you now before I forget it! Arigato george-sama :bow:
02:00:47 ‹Black Sword› I'm early, but I just had an idea for Kajiura-sama's next birthday present :nophoto:02:00:59 ‹a wild aki of the snow› :nophoto:02:01:12 ‹Black Sword› Basically, build a compendium of sorts. The theme? "The song/soundtrack Kajiura-sama created that touched you the most."
02:01:22 ‹Black Sword› On one page will be a picture of the scene that song appeared in
02:01:31 ‹Black Sword› On the other side, a story of how that story touched us
02:01:46 ‹Black Sword› With maybe a recreation picture by the writer or just something related to the song and theme
02:02:04 ‹Black Sword› So for example, let's say the one that touched you most was Magia
02:02:22 ‹Black Sword› Take the most iconic image of Magia (probably from EP1 of Madoka) and put it on one page
02:02:28 ‹Black Sword› With the lyrics of Magia clearly visible
02:02:30 ‹Black Sword› Or maybe the score
02:02:43 ‹Black Sword› on the other side, a story of how it touched that person
02:02:44 ‹Black Sword› Say, IB
02:02:54 ‹Black Sword› Then have IB take a picture dressed up in Homura cosplay :nophoto:02:03:17 ‹Black Sword› Or maybe a picture of IB doing a Homura pose so that we know it's related
02:03:31 ‹Black Sword› Perhaps with the lyrics that touched them the greatest in that song framing their face
02:03:55 ‹a wild aki of the snow› that's an awesome idea :nophoto:02:04:43 ‹Black Sword› :nophoto:02:04:58 ‹a wild aki of the snow› :nophoto:02:06:27 ‹a wild aki of the snow› that idea allows for a lot of creativity on our part - ppl could write poems or draw pictures to show how the song touched them
02:07:53 ‹Black Sword› I know. :nophoto:02:08:24 ‹Black Sword› Basically, in this one, we're giving Kajiura-sama a piece of our souls. You might even say we're going to.... open our hearts :nophoto:02:16:28 ‹a wild aki of the snow› ouu do I sense a title for this project? :nophoto:02:28:07 ‹Black Sword› Of course, it’s imPossiblE to kNow. Yes,we cOUld have an idea oR two, but tHat is for us to dEcide on At a lateR Time
02:28:17 ‹Black Sword› :nophoto:02:35:33 ‹a wild aki of the snow› :nophoto:02:42:52 ‹Black Sword› Should we spring this now?
02:43:04 ‹Black Sword› Because I know I won't remember this brilliance come June
02:43:37 ‹a wild aki of the snow› iirc george is going to start asking for suggestions in march
02:43:41 ‹a wild aki of the snow› just save this chat log :nophoto:02:48:12 ‹Black Sword› I'll just PM george this now and let him have it

Is a 2 weeks time ok as a deadline for deciding what to do ?
if yes, lets set it to March 18.
Yuki Kajiura's birthday is on August 6 of each year.

[EDIT 3/4/2014] LINK TO THE RESULT OF THE POLL (because I unsticked it)
http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014-poll.5172/

[EDIT 12/6/2014] DEADLINES

Participation: July 15, 2014
Material Submission: July 20, 2014

Note: people can join and submit after these but these work as an aim.

[EDIT 5/6/2014]
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT FOR THIS PROJECT (simplified)
  • You need to choose a song you like, or 2.
  • You choose the favourite lyrics of that song (you submit them too)
  • Then you take a photo assosiated with the song's lyrics, or you playing it with an instrument, or whatever, the pic can also be a drawing or a scene from the anime the song relates to
  • And then there's a text where you say why you like that song.
  • Dont forget your username and country
  • Submit at : george(at)canta-per-me(dot)net (replace dot with "." and at with @)
[EDIT 26/4/2014]
FORM OF 2014's PROJECT & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Object Type: Book (probably digital)
Theme: "The song/soundtrack Kajiura-sama created that touched you the most."
Arrangement: On one page will be a picture of the scene that song appeared in
On the other page, a story of how that story touched us
Μaybe along with a recreation picture by the writer or just something related to the song and theme
D-chan idea addition: Favourite part of lyrics in every song we like (probably on a third page). Entries compiled by section such as OST/FJ/Kalafina/Others song. You can include picture of landscapes/fanart etc that is related for each song.

Example (by Black Sword)
Since I abused IB as an example before, I think I'll abuse george1234 this time. Let's take his song, Seijaku wa headphone no naka. On the left, where was when he was touched by this song? Well, if you're as hardcore as george, you recreate the circumstances. Maybe he was at a bus stop, listening on his portable music player before the bus came, and it played. george can have someone take a picture of him at the bus stop, as if it's the first time he heard the song. The lyrics? If you're george, you can arrange them on either side of his figure, so that he stands in the middle of the words of the song, a symbol of how the song surrounded him and got bound to him. Now george has shown Kajiura-sama where he heard the song and he himself as the real person touched by her song. Now, what about the creativity? Well, george may not be Leonardo da Vinci, but he knows people who know photoshop! He can get a picture of headphones or perhaps a picture of Kajiura-sama wearing headphones. Somewhere on the picture prominently, photoshop an image for the mute icon. Thus, silence in the headphones. So george has accomplished his creativity right there! Above this creative picture, george can talk about what he felt when he heard the song. Boom, I just did george's part of the birthday project.

FAQ:
1. Q: Is the project for everyone or just CPM members?
A: The project will be site/forum only, but if we see we dont have enough participants we might open it near the end :) If you have a friend who is YK fan you can invite him/her to join the family ;)

28/5/14 Update: The project is now open to whoevent want to join

1.5:
How do I join the project? Where can I see if I am into?

You can say you want to join at the related thread http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/, or the shoutbox of the main site, and I will update the participation log on page 1 of the thread.
You need to include your username and country of origin

About the song one will choose:
Q: - Should it be the first time I listen/love that song? Or it can be anything realted to the song? Or it can be my imagination/interpretation about that song?
A: The song that touched the you the most can be from any time. Maybe it's the first time they hear it, maybe it's the 1000th, doesn't matter it's the one that touches their heart the most

Q:
What if more than 1 like the same song ? Can we choose the same ?
A:
Yes. If more than 1 like the same song you are free to choose the same since 2 differenet people dont appreciate a song the same way :)

About the photo
Example of page by D-chan and Liana: http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/page-5#post-247254

3. Q: If I use Fairytale (Kalafina), can I wear a fairy-like dress and take a photo in a forest?
A: if she wants ot use fairy tale and take a picture wearing a fairy dress
that's fine, that's cool

4. Q: (About the example) The phrase part isnt it a bit of strange to choose that one from all the song considering that many many songs have it in their lyrics, its not just in sprinter.
We can include more than 1 phrase, right ?
A: 1,2,3..and so on phrase is fine even if it's not continuous (just don't put the whole song), and if more than 1 song has the same line then we just need to put the title together with sprinter. If more than one user like the same phrase,unless he/she request to have his/her own separate page then we will apply the same rule

5. Q: Is there a restriction for image size?
A: You can send it as big as you want, the compliler can later resize it to fit it to the book.

6. Can we submit a fanart ?
Yes you can, if you want. :) Just make sure its Yuki Kajiura & Co. related ^^

About the Software
Q: Is it a particular software to use?
A: The compiler will probably be the only one who will need to use graphic software. Any writing program is fine :)

About the languages of texts
Q: Should we speak in English, or we can do it in our own language?
A: Yes in english, or japanese, cause if its in our languages Yuki and everyone else who will read, wont be able to understand.
But if you want you could write your text in your language and provide translation in english, but I am not sure if that's necessary :)

9. Is there are deadline for participation? When can I send my material if I am busy during summer, and where?

July 15 for participation an July 20 for submission (people can join and submit after these but these work as an aim)

You can send your material whenever you have time to work on them, it might be today, next week, month, or the last day of the deadline (please dont try that!)

You can send at george(at)canta-per-me(dot)net
I compile them at a folder and I will send them to the compliler once he/she has alot of things to work on

When sending please include your username because some people that their real life names in their email.

10. Q: How do I see if the material I have sent has been received ?
A: You can check the "Submitted Material" list (not yet created) on page one of the thread http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/. The list will have the participants members along with what they have submitted so far and what they still need to submit

11. Q: Are there notifications?
A: Yes near the end of the deadline I send personal messages (now "conversations") to all people who forget but please try to be responsible and dont wait for my pms ^^

Participation Log

1. george1234 (Greece)
  2. Liana_Ilia (US)
  3. aki (US)
  4. chrisgarci (Philippines)
  5. wormbook22 (Vietnam) [cant participate due to family problems]
  6. casarina26 (Singapore)
  7. Chibi-Chibi (Slovakia/Slovenia <?)
  8. Daphné (France)
  9. Black Sword (US)
  10. HimeWakana (Italy)
  11. Mieko (Venezuela) (will not participate)
  12. Kagaribi no Hanabira (Thailand)
  13. Nick Hunter (Belarus)
  14. Pa'ahana (US)
  15. littlefelicita (Indonesia)
  16. Sei (Chile)
  17. Tokyogirl1996 (USA - Georgia- )
  18. tsubasa (Philipines)
  19. Arabesque (Malaysia)
  20. Cerise (Australia)
  21. Puddle Boots (USA)
  22. tada (Malaysia)
  23. crystalpink (USA)
  24. Martha Lag
  25. Ecehime (Turkey)
  26. Yume19 (Brazil)
  27. Kohaku_ (Italy)
  28. PeachPitt321 (UK)
  29. HIS MASK (S.Korea)
  30. D-chan2510 (France)
  31. Jesshiryu (Indonessia)
  32. Kerahna (Canada)

Material Submission Log

LEGENT
green word
= submitted,
orange word= promised & pending
red word= will not submit

1. george1234 (fav lyrics + story (Shinkai no Kodoku) + picture)
  2. Liana_Ilia (story (Will) , photo, fav lyrics (Gaika))
  3. aki (fav lyrics & story (symphonia, Yane no mukou ni) +picture)
  4. chrisgarci (fav lyrics, story (both stone cold), picture (distance / eternal blue)
  5. casarina26 (fav lyrics, picture/fanart, story (To the beginning, Hikari no Senritsu)
  6. Chibi-Chibi
  7. Daphné (story (Saints), fav lyrics (Saints), fanart)
  8. Black Sword (fav lyrics & story (Kizuato), +picture)
  9. HimeWakana (story (moonfesta), photo, fav lyrics (moonfesta))
  10. Mieko (will not participate)
  11. Kagaribi no Hanabira (story, fav lyrics & picture (ship of fools)
  12. Nick Hunter (story (a song of storm and fire)
  13. Pa'ahana (story, fav lyrics (in the land of twilight...)
  14. littlefelicita (story (fairytale), fav lyrics (fairytale))
  15. Sei
  16. Tokyogirl1996 (fav lyrics, story (i reach for the sun, kimi ga hikari ni kaete iku))
  17. tsubasa
  18. Arabesque (story (key of the twilight), fav lyrics (key of the twilight), picture)
  19. Cerise
  20. Puddle Boots (story (mirai), fanart)
  21. tada (story, fav lyrics (Hikaru Sabaku))
  22. crystalpink (story, fav lyrics & picture (Lacrimosa, you are my love))
  23. Martha Lag
  24. Ecehime (story (kagayakus sora...), picture)
  25. Yume19 (story, fav lyrics, picture (maybe tomorrow, parallel hearts)
  26. Kohaku_ (fav lyrics, story (signal))
  27. PeachPitt321 (fav song, story & picture (voyagers))
  28. HIS MASK (fav lyrics, story (Seventh Heaven))
  29. D-chan2510 (fanart)
  30. Jesshiryu (fanart, fav lyrics, story (Alleluia, Heavenly Blue))
  31. Kerahna

Last edited:
I quite like Black Sword's and Aki's idea... ... :bow: but I'm uncomfortable with showing mah fugly face to her, so I'll settle for other styles instead.

A suggestion of mine (I'm thinking it may not be enough for one full project in itself, but it can act as dessert to the main course)

I was thinking, some of us in the forum have gone to some of Yuki's lives before (or the Kalafina ones).

Would it be possible for those who went to lives write about their experiences, what (or which song) they enjoyed most about the lives, talk about the time when they met Yuki and got her signature, talked to her, etc in person (if possible), like overall, the live from the fan's POV? If it's not possible or it has been done before then nvm.

^ no it hasnt been done already, but its not that good of an idea because 1) too few of us have actually gone to a concert of FJ/Kalafina (shouldnt be more than 10 people) 2) I doubt they remember the experience well enough to write about it.

about the BS/aki idea I think its good but it has some week points, like what about the musics and songs that dont come from TVanime/game/etc ? for example, I love Seijaku wa headphone no naka, what would go with it ? me/a drawing wearing headphones with an expression that I/it cant hear? :XD: and what if people arent good at drawing and similaneously dont want to take picture of themselves, or the song is instrumental so it wont have lyrics to go with it ?

george said:
about the BS/aki idea I think its good but it has some week points, like what about the musics and songs that dont come from TVanime/game/etc ? for example, I love Seijaku wa headphone no naka, what would go with it ? me/a drawing wearing headphones with an expression that I/it cant hear? :XD: and what if people arent good at drawing and similaneously dont want to take picture of themselves, or the song is instrumental so it wont have lyrics to go with it ?
maybe take a picture of a landscape or scenery that invokes the same feeling or something, as a possibility.

just to put this out there, I won't be able to work on this project as compiler like the last one. April is my cramming month, May is my exam month, and after my exams I'm going to be in the mountains for 2.5 months with little internet and free time

oh and lol that was all blackie's idea, not mine :XD:

^ LOL then lets forget about it for now. Before deciding on an idea we need to find a compiler first.

Good luck on your exams and mountain climbing :XD:

.... LOLOL why am i the example?!?! anyways, i do like blackie's idea but it does require a lot of creativity and no i'm not gonna cosplay for this -- if anything, i'll submit wuxia fanart influenced by tsuioku :ohoho: :punched:

george said:

well, it's our turn to be creative as well and try to emulate YK a bit, no? :psst: in all seriousness, if we go along the lines of blackie's idea, you could just write a small letter/paragraph/note saying about how much you like it/it touched you, right? the feelings are what counts, even if the presentation isn't as flashy

as for himewakana's idea, for me i think the biggest issue is how expensive that's all gonna be haha -- cosplay is really hard to pull off and if we're going for appearances then we have to make it as best as we can, but i doubt too many people will be on board with that... although i am reminded of those kalafina cosplayers on deviantart and the musicians who upload covers while they cosplay as well :XD: :love:

sorry if that's a bit too blunt though -- it's harder to come up with ideas than it is to point stuff out about them, huh? although i've got in my mind perhaps we could plan a giant medley of some of YK's songs but again that's too esoteric..... wow, this is really hard

I want to bring up my suggestions from last year such as:
  • A multilingual song cover (perhaps of Yuki's most recent tracks)
  • A catalogue of outfit designs (handmade or digital) for Yuki and her girls (formal, casual, unique in each country etc.) - we just need to know their current stats though for more accurate designs lol
  • A video showing each one of us greeting Yuki and express how we really love her and her music
If some sort of recording will be involved for this year's gift, it will be nice if we can showcase musical instruments native or unique in one's area.

I thought of something similar but maybe simpler. Well each of us can prepare our favourite part of lyrics in every song we like. Then compile them by section such as OST/FJ/Kalafina/Others song. You can include picture of landscapes/fanart etc that is related for each song.

Reactions: aki
I thought of something similar but maybe simpler. Well each of us can prepare our favourite part of lyrics in every song we like. Then compile them by section such as OST/FJ/Kalafina/Others song. You can include picture of landscapes/fanart etc that is related for each song.

This one is easy enough, and more people would be able to participate.

Hmm... D-chan's idea is great, but I think we can change the landscape pic for a different one, and not all members are good in doing fanart. I guess we can use pictures of native instruments instead, much better with someone playing them.

^yeah pic of instrument or things that related is ok too. For example, picture of a nice door (real/drawing) for Kalafina's Door:psst:

IB was the example because I came up with the idea at the same time I did her debut in assassin mahou shoujo waifu megy :ohoho:

I think I feel I should step in and make some comments. I don't really think we should go for "simpler" or "easier" when it comes to Kajiura-sama's birthday present, especially when we have so much time to do it this year and how embarrassingly late we were last year.

I've been on CPM long enough to witness two birthday projects. The first one, I distinctly recall that we shared our food with Kajiura-sama and hopefully filled her tummy in a yummy way. The second one, we shared our homes with Kajiura-sama, hoping to lure her to them so we could hear her music. Whatever I do, I feel that every time we do these birthday projects, we should be giving Kajiura-sama a piece of ourselves, even if we personally consider it embarrassing.

As IB noted, my idea requires a lot of creativity on our parts. As I said, we're giving Kajiura-sama a bit of our souls, the bit she captured with her bewitching magic. I think this is only fair, since as a composer, she exposes the entirety of her being through her work and her lyrics. Let's not forget that Kajiura-sama is a very private person and exposing herself when she creates is pretty much the manifestation of her love for music and for us, her fans. As a group, we should show her that we consider this a blessing and love her for it.

Since I abused IB as an example before, I think I'll abuse george1234 this time. Let's take his song, Seijaku wa headphone no naka. On the left, where was when he was touched by this song? Well, if you're as hardcore as george, you recreate the circumstances. Maybe he was at a bus stop, listening on his portable music player before the bus came, and it played. george can have someone take a picture of him at the bus stop, as if it's the first time he heard the song. The lyrics? If you're george, you can arrange them on either side of his figure, so that he stands in the middle of the words of the song, a symbol of how the song surrounded him and got bound to him. Now george has shown Kajiura-sama where he heard the song and he himself as the real person touched by her song. Now, what about the creativity? Well, george may not be Leonardo da Vinci, but he knows people who know photoshop! He can get a picture of headphones or perhaps a picture of Kajiura-sama wearing headphones. Somewhere on the picture prominently, photoshop an image for the mute icon. Thus, silence in the headphones. So george has accomplished his creativity right there! Above this creative picture, george can talk about what he felt when he heard the song. Boom, I just did george's part of the birthday project.

:sparkleguy:

In all seriousness, this a golden opportunity for us. I know I sound like I'm advocating for my idea, but my goal is to show us what we should bring to the project and give Kajiura-sama. Each of us have our own ways to be creative, our own ways to express ourselves. Rather than think about how embarrassing it is, we should think about what we want to show her.

^ thanks sounds like a good guidance for the others, but I am not going to do it like that because I am not good at acting, so there's no way I can make the same expression I did when I first heard the song XD, but i will think of something, but I will probably do Shinkai no Kodoku instead, since that song stills brings me to tears.

So does this mean that we will do BS/aki's idea? I am starting to like it, thanks to your comments @Black Sword .

For instance, I would like to try that idea with 'stone cold' since this song still rocks me to the core just like the time I first heard it. It is as if I can think a possible scenario for each verse of the song, since I can relate to the rock being mentioned there.
I may need some help on doing with the visual work though, since I really have a bad sense of art... :touched:

I like the idea from last year that Chris posted about the recorded video to Yuki, or it could be a recorded voice too maybe? Sorry I don't have any ideas right now, but if I think of anything I will post it.

Back