Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2014

Gosh I can hardly believe it's the 7th constructive year that this is going on. Got to live and see all of them but contributed only to the first one, shame on me. I need to fix that ^^

I actually like the idea about our impressions of lives. It's not something you can easily forget ^^ and I think it could be combined with, what seems to be currently leading, aki's suggestion.

So does this mean that we will do BS/aki's idea? I am starting to like it, thanks to your comments @Black Sword .

For instance, I would like to try that idea with 'stone cold' since this song still rocks me to the core just like the time I first heard it. It is as if I can think a possible scenario for each verse of the song, since I can relate to the rock being mentioned there.
I may need some help on doing with the visual work though, since I really have a bad sense of art... :touched:

We will run a poll to decide the most popular idea, I am just waiting to see if someone has an even better idea to suggest.
If any of you knows someone who could help with combining the material (in case we do a book-like thing again) please say it, since aki wont be able to help this year.

Last edited:
Well I don't knwo exactly what you mean with "combining the material" but a book will be made I can volunteer to have it sent to me and than make sure it's deliver on day to her office if needed since I'll still be here in Japan at the time. For anything more I'd need to wait until April to see my school schedule.

I mean like last year where we had gathered, photos, drawings and poems and aki put them into the book. :)

I can volunteer to have it sent to me and than make sure it's deliver on day to her office if needed since I'll still be here in Japan at the time.

or even go to her house :psst: :XD:

Blackie's and Aki's idea is pretty likable, but it does require a lot of creativity and time. I am and will be very busy , whether with studying or with things for work, so I'm not sure if I will have time to participate in such a big project.

D-chan's idea is very good and more accessible in my case. I also like Chris's idea with musical instruments.

As for now I don't have any creative idea, but if i think of some I will post.
Except if I imitate birdie and come up with a crazy idea of composing and making a song for her. Which could be fun and interesting, but probably many would find it too demanding. :punched:

I've two drawings; one of her, one of FictionJunction/Kalafina.

Since I see no new suggestions, I am making the poll. I wont include the dresses one because that's only for girls :P

Please vote there http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014-poll.5172/ but comment here.

Once the poll is finished (runs for 10 days - till March 19) we will start gathering participant member and of course find a person to compile the things we gather (aki cant this year), and discuss if we should combine the winning ideas or not.

Last edited:
I'm interested about both the 3 and the 4 idea! :) I can't wait for seeing the result of this tread :cheer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Q&A

01:58:24 ‹Megy› eh? was the deadline for ideas already over?
02:00:01 ‹Megy› last time we had more time to think of ideas...
02:02:45 ‹Megy› he didnt put d-chans idea >teh easier version of blackies idea< or chris's idea with music instruments :uh..:
02:09:40 ‹Megy› going off for a while
02:09:46 ‹Megy› see you later :bye:
02:10:47 * Megy quit (timeout)
02:20:45 ‹george1234› no the deadline wasnt for ideas, it was for deciding what to do
02:20:58 ‹george1234› its different
02:21:30 ‹george1234› I just want to rush the first stage to prevent delays this year
02:21:53 ‹george1234› also d-chan's idea is inside
02:22:22 ‹george1234› and the instruments idea is inside the song cover idea
02:23:03 ‹george1234› d-chan's is number #3
02:26:12 ‹george1234› 0 ‹george1234› I just want to rush the first stage to prevent delays this year < Around summer everyone either has exams/thesis or is on vacations so it gets really difficult to gather stuff after June's over
02:26:37 ‹george1234› for this reason we should have finished most of the project before July
02:28:16 ‹george1234› so that the compiler can have 1 month to make the book (delays/hardware/software failure included) and to print & ship in case we make a real copy and not digital
02:28:26 ‹george1234› depending on the idea

Last edited:
I really like the 3rd idea. I don't have any ideas of my own, sorry. Then maybe we can put our feelings down about that lyrics, or how we felt when we first heard the song? Just to add to the idea.

The poll finished yesterday (but I forgot to vote lol)
The Winners are #1 and #3, Black Sword's and D-chan2510's ideas, with 12 and 10 votes respectively.
33 people voted in total, a bit less than 75% of last year's participants.

so what we are doing this year is

1. Black Sword's idea (see http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/ and http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245368)

2. Our fav prt of lyrics in every song we like. Compile 'em by section OST/group incl related pics http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245344
these ideas are similar so...

I know it's kind of early, but is there a deadline for sending stuff in? I just want to make sure to get it done in time. And just to be clear I did read the #1 idea again, but above the picture we take there is going to be a story of when, where and how we felt when we first heard the song right? Just checking.

No there's no such deadline yet, since we havent even decided yet how we will do the idea reality [and the decition of idea part is still open since I received complains that I rush things too much. Whoever has a new idea in mind is free to say it and we can run the poll again ] for the first idea, you better ask Black Sword or d-chan. You can start a conversation with them, or look for them at the forum.

^So wait, are we not doing #1 and 3? I asked Black Sword but he has not replied to me yet. I really like the #3 idea, but it's too simple. So we need something else to go with it. I think I can do the picture thing with the story. Oh, and for #3 to whoever came up with it: can one write it out, like in calligraphy and then take a picture of the quote? And do you want just English translation or the Japanese version too? Thanks ahead of time.

Oh, and for #3 to whoever came up with it: can one write it out, like in calligraphy and then take a picture of the quote? And do you want just English translation or the Japanese version too? Thanks ahead of time.
This is nice too. Japanese version + english or either one is fine i think

^George: it clearly says write a story of how the song touched us. It's in the first link of the Black Sword's idea. That's what I meant by story.

Back