Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2014

She replied!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Though I didn't participate this year, I'm still very happy. Next year I'm gonna join the bday project again:TdT:if nothing goes wrong like this year, that is....

Btw, it's not really related to this present, but I wonder how YK has been reading our bday presents or anything else we sent her :confu: Ofc she knows English, but sometimes I wonder how fluent she is (her song lyrics show that she can at least write a complete English paragraph with ease, I think) Still, would reading very long English text tire her out? Obviously, if that's the case, she can simply ask someone who knows English to do a quick translation for her, so making the whole bday present in English is definitely not a problem :)
I'm not a native English speaker, but I haven't had much problems reading English text b/c I studied English super early. What abt u guys? Do/did u usually have difficulties reading and understanding text in foreign language(s)? I'm just curious, that's all xD

Ofc she knows English, but sometimes I wonder how fluent she is (her song lyrics show that she can at least write a complete English paragraph with ease, I think) Still, would reading very long English text tire her out? Obviously, if that's the case, she can simply ask someone who knows English to do a quick translation for her, so making the whole bday present in English is definitely not a problem :)
I'm not a native English speaker, but I haven't had much problems reading English text b/c I studied English super early. What abt u guys? Do/did u usually have difficulties reading and understanding text in foreign language(s)? I'm just curious, that's all xD

From the Japanese Wikipedia entry for Yuki Kajiura

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/梶浦由記

小・中学生時代を ドイツ で過ごしたのち、 東京都立国立高等学校 、 津田塾大学 学芸学部英文学科に入学。

part of which Google translates as: "enrolled in the Faculty of Arts Department of English"

So she studied English in Japan after returning from Germany (and it wouldn't suprised me if she studied English for most of her school life).

Reactions: aki
At Liana: She didnt wrote my name, its the same as when you wrtie @cpme, it was part of the retweeting :XD:

@ Kuga: For someone who studied english at university she knows them a bit dusty if i see from the strange mistakes in her lyric XD

I wonder if she did any english lessons to kids, they must have been very lucky:)

^Ah, I thought it was you since it had the 1234 after it. heh

Worm: I am fluent in English (since I live in the US), although I am not such a great writer of it as my sister is. I wish to be someday. (Been writing poems and such.) And I think you can get a translator too, for the hard parts. Like they had at Anime Boston for the English questions and answers. I don't think they had one at ACen, since the girls knew more English by then, but Yuki wasn't with, just for Boston. She spoke perfect English though for AB.

Thanks to all member and to D-chan for their hard work ! :cheer::goodjob::w00t:

Kaji-chan, we love you ! :love: :chuu:

So happy she loved it! Her English is very very good! Compared to her concert @ Anime Expo in 2003, she understood a lot of the English questions directed to er @ Anime Expo in 2012? ( 2013?? or whenever FJ went XD) Well done everyone for the photos, I'm reading through all of them and they are wonderful!

Wow, I just read through the finished project and it is absolutely amazing. Congrats to everyone who participated and contributed to this wonderful gift for Yuki. I'm so glad she replied to you guys! :dote:

Back