Υour CD collection! XD

This just reminds me that I need to get a YK Live at some-point, what volumes were released as a BD again? 1, 4, 9, 11???

4, 9 and 11 I believe. I have 9, it's good. I've seen 11, that's good too.

@LacrimosaRaven
YK Live vol. #4 was re-issued as 2 blu-ray discs in one case
YK Live vol. #9 Shibuko Special was released as a single blu-ray disc
YK Live vol. #11 elemental Tour 2014 was a single blu-ray disc
YK Live vol. #11FinctionJunction YUUKA 2 Days Special 2014.2.8-9 Nakano Sun Plaza was released as 2 blu-ray discs in one case.

Honourable mention goes to the DVD-only release YK Live 2008.07.31 (vol. #2) which is still really good and includes Eri Itoh.

So my dad and I are at IKEA to get a frame for my Budokan Kalafina poster since the glass in the first one broke, however there are no 52cm x 73cm frames so dad settled on a 61cm by a 91 cm even though we folded the corners down on our original smaller frame. Whatever. Now Wakana's hand won't be on the edge of the frame.

For anyone looking for a FOTW promotional poster a new one is up on EBay. Cheaper and in better condition, I had to look for the dimensions of my poster which is how I came across it: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/KALAFINA-F...pan-Promo-Poster-NEW-/311534491139?nav=SEARCH

The LIVE atmosphere in live 11 was abysmal. Simply disastrous. No unity between the singers at all... It was a tragic sight.

SA9K7bL.jpg

More loots. Lucky catch of the 5th Anni postcards from the store in the mere moments they were available, it's a really nice set of postcards. Also the only set that has all four cards featuring all the girls, I believe? Just need the Kalafina Cafe set now which is almost impossible to get :uh..:.

YJA screwed me out of a few things (so did SpaceCraft actually) but still managed to get some stuff. Also got one copy of the 8th Anni Live poster, it's got a series of dents on it sadly :omg:. I do have another copy on the way, hopefully that'll be in better condition. I'll see if I can get some pics when they're both here.

^ I may not be a huge fan of the (8th) anniversary designs, but I absolutely love that color! :love:

Don't have a picture atm, but my Seventh Heaven LE came in, along with two YK vocal scores.

I quite like the 8th Anni designs, although I prefer the 5th and 7th ones (not that I can find any 7th Anni shirts :touched:). The 6th Anni is the weakest of the lot though, mostly because the design is far too close to the edge of the shirt so it wraps under the armpit a little. Also makes it impossible to read if you're wearing literally anything like a coat or a jacket or anything. I still like it, though. I wonder why they didn't use gold on the 8th Anni design? I don't know about the 7th Anni ones but both 5th and 6th used gold, as do quite a few other Kala shirts.

And yes, I'm happy I could get a purple one. Purple is my favourite colour and has been for my whole life. Between that and the purple FotW design (and the Consolation song design I guess), I'm pretty happy :dote:. Hopefully if the 7th Anni one comes up somewhere it'll be a purple one.

I think my problem with the design is that the design is in the corner and for me it would probably not be visible if I was wearing it, since I like to wear vests or cardigans with my outfits. I like the 5th anniversary designs (and the 7th too, but I prefer it centered, though not too stretched out like you mentioned the 6th one is). I love purple too and I'm also a fan of blue. I mostly go by design, though, then color for the shirts I want.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I'm usually wearing a hoodie or jacket or something, so I get what you mean. Most of the Kala designs are pretty central though so it's not too much of an issue, although a lot of them cover a large portion of the shirt so bits around the edges can often get covered up. They seem to like putting text near the edges such as the logo, so that's often lost. The only ones other than the Anniversary ones that are properly 'in the corner' really are the After Eden ones, though. Do you have any pics of your outfits including the shirts you have? I'd be interested to see how they look.

HqfmdQd.png

Second copy arrived, and it's in much better shape than the other one. Slight wrinkles from being rolled up but getting one without those is probably impossible since they likely gave them out like that in the first place. No marks, no dents, no scratches or rips or discolourations.

I'm still planning on selling the other one, though. As it's not in perfect condition I'll be willing to sell it for 3500 yen plus shipping, which is practically what I paid for in the first place, if anyone's interested.

I'm still planning on selling the other one, though. As it's not in perfect condition I'll be willing to sell it for 3500 yen plus shipping, which is practically what I paid for in the first place, if anyone's interested.
I might be intested in this, since I really like this poster design (contrary to the FOTW poster). Do you have a photo of the copy you want to sell (via PM or so)?

I'll take some pics in a while. It's pretty much the same as the one I posted above, but with a series of (6 I think?) small white marks around their knee level, looks like it took an impact whilst rolled up as they're consistently placed. They're only around a centimetre or so tops, but it's there.

@Seasonreaper I definitely don't like the text at the edges. I want people to see that it's a Kalafina shirt I'm wearing (maybe meet other fans too xD). Despite their placement, I do like the After Eden designs. It's nicer than the anniversary designs imo. I don't have any pics, sadly. Haven't really gotten a chance to wear them around yet.

I get you. I like to be able to see the design too. Sadly I've never been talked to about Kalafina by anyone, even though I seem to have inhereted my mum's trait of being approachable enough to be asked by randoms about directions, if there's a particular shop in town, to take photos for people etc., it keeps happening. Maybe one day.

Central designs are the most visible though, obviously. Magia, Kimi no Gin, Otodama 2014, TTB (both the Box and regular versions), FotW (both kinds), 2014 tour, Consolation, Red Moon, the Christmas Lives (both 2013 and 2015) and arguably Budokan and Hanataba are rather central designs with text that isn't often obscured, anyone should be able to see that, although most wouldn't recognize it of course. Although there's a whole bunch of shirts I don't have that I want, many of them are on the 'not particularly visible' end of the scale (I'm not even sure if the Moonfesta, Manten, Yume no Daichi or Signal designs even have any mention of Kalafina other than the sleeve thing, actually). The only one that's really obvious is Door, and the Mexico VIP design I guess.

I definitely don't like the text at the edges. I want people to see that it's a Kalafina shirt I'm wearing (maybe meet other fans too xD). Despite their placement, I do like the After Eden designs. It's nicer than the anniversary designs imo.
I prefer visible designs as well - but knowing no-one around here would recognize them anyway, that point is mostly moot (except for conventions or so). Actually, the only shirt that prompted some people on the street to talk to me was my Firefox shirt :-)

The After Eden designs are quite nice, even if a bit plain. It's really a shame that these have never been available in XL size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's always the miniscule chance that someone could see your shirt, wonder what Kalafina is and go online to check. Not likely, but it's plausible. I've had strangers comment on some of the shirts I've had in the past, but not Kalafina ones sadly. It's happened with my colleagues and friends but it's not exactly hidden knowledge to them that I'm a Kalafina fan anyway, we're all a very connected bunch.

I do like the After Eden designs, although I missed my chance to get the regular versions from the store because I'm a dumbass. I have the others though, the Live House, Staff Replica and Kalafina Can variants. The problem with the Can and Special Live Staff Replica designs is that there's only a simple design on the front which has no text, so there's no way of telling it's a Kalafina shirt unless you're really knowledgeable about it. The designs on the back of the Staff Replica shirts are some of the biggest they've had though.

Really though, I'm not a small person and I prefer looser shirts, but I've never had any issue with L sizes (or even M sizes for the more recent ones), so I don't really mind about there not being an XL release for the AE shirts. If I can get an XL I will, but with a lot of Kala shirts it's not always possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doublepost, but my last batch of stuff for a while just came in.

First up, KnGnN promo poster. I said a while ago that I wasn't going to bother with the single promos (that said I'm still looking for a TTB one and might get a Moonfesta one too if I can find one in good shape, those two look great too), but I've always really liked this one, I'm still not a fan of the dresses much but the girls look incredibly photogenic in these shoots and the overall aesthetic is lovely. It's in pretty good knick, few wrinkles from rolling (it was very tightly rolled when I got it, took a while to get it flattened out since it kept moving the CDs) but other than that, barely anything to note. There's a slight crease on the left side that you can see here but it's not actually left any marks, if it was flattened down in a frame or something it would be barely visible I reckon. I got it from Surugu-ya for only 1300 so didn't know what to expect, there's still one up for that if anyone wants to get one.
WZuiLV5.jpg

Also since I didn't take any other photos, those CDs are all new too. Surugu-ya had a whole bunch of LE's for 300-600 yen or so each and since I didn't have any copies of these four I grabbed them as well, both HF and TTB are the BD LE's. Magia and Hikari Furu have their obis but Sprinter/ARIA and TTB don't, sadly. I'm not too bothered though, at least it'll mean I won't have HnS as my only single without an obi. TTB was also kinda dirty on the disc but I've cleaned it up now, I think it's OK. There's also a crack on Hikari Furu's case and some scratching on Magia's case, but those can be replaced. The booklets are all OK and other than TTB the discs are fine too.

The other thing I got was an Animate Preorder Bonus poster from KnGnN. As I said above, I love the aesthetics of this single and it only cost me 790 yen, so hey. There's another one of these up on Surugu-ya for that as well, if anyone wants in. It's a double sided poster, with the Kala girls on one side and Homura on the other. This thing is in practically perfect condition at that, a few tightroll wrinkles but otherwise nothing at all wrong with it.
jpBGHnU.jpg

cf0loUg.jpg

My stone cold poster came ;___; possibly the last item on my wish list besides the stone cold vocal score...I keep saying I regret not getting the first press of stone cold from CDJ that included this poster but hey I can't turn back time ;-; it's here! Finally here and I have the perfect wall in my room to display it ~

Be sure to post photos once you've got it up~

Are you going to frame it?

Back