Υour CD collection! XD

In my opinion, YesAsia's price are reasonable, but it's just slow in shipping. (Hope you don't mind waiting!!) :p

Sometimes it will take up to 2-3 weeks (or more) before you receive your purchased items. (For example, my last order was made on 03/05, processed by YesAsia on 03/12 and didn't receive it until 03/27.)

I am guessing it's all depend on where you reside and their warehouse is located in China.

I'm writing this based on my experiences (Resides in the U.S.). Hope that will give you a general idea.

Just added:

Kirai ni Naritai 「キライになりたい」
Chao Tokyo

CIp-BTXUMAAq_4X.jpg

I'll try to get some high quality scans done soon.

PS, I chose "standard packaging" from fromjapan.co.jp and they only had bubble wrap in a bubble wrap envelope, not any kind of cardboard backing or box, and although undamaged in transit, I'd chose extra packaging for any 8cm CD's in future.

Here's my list for pretty much my only CDs...

Red Moon
After Eden
Consolation

For Red Moon & Consolation's case, I had already bought them on iTunes. I just bought the CDs because Kajiura is that good. I'm planning to buy one of FJ's albums (along with Seventh Heaven and one of LiSA's albums) at some point, but haven't decided which one.

EDIT: I have ordered "FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE Vol 2." (Hope that's the correct name)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay. I was looking up merch for the 7th Anniversary Live as I forgot what they even released and stumbled across a listing over on Surugu-ya in the process. Now, I've randomly come across listings on various sites (Surugu-ya included) where they're listing an item but don't actually have it in stock, which is rather irritating. But this time it was not like that. They actually had a listing, 1 in stock, for the blue ver. Blue Day t-shirt, in my size. Naturally I instantly bought it, but from previous knowledge of Surugu-ya, it takes them days to update and confirm orders and it's quite possible that even if it's listed as available, someone else can get in there first, so it still wasn't guaranteed. Thankfully nobody else got in there :dote:. It was listed as used, and had evidently been taken out at some point, but it still had the original wrapper, no signs of damage, smell, print cracking or anything. Even better was it was listed at only 2700 yen, less than the original selling price. I have wanted one of these since they announced the goods for the BEST lives, the blue Blue Day design is my favourite of the two, and my preferred colour as well. It looks even nicer in person as well :love:. I just wish I'd made the effort and gone to the event :touched:.
3J0s0rF.jpg

MOcqyaL.jpg

Oh, but that's not all I found. Whilst checking back on Surugu-ya to see if they'd updated the listing whilst waiting for confirmation that I'd got the shirt, I stumbled across something else interesting. Something else that seems hard to come by, and something else on my list of things to get. Well, to be specific I'd been looking for part of it, that being the Kalafina Red Moon Live 2010 pamphlet, but for 2200 yen total there's no way I could resist getting the combined Kajiura 3rd Anniversary Live pamphlet set :ghost:. It's not perfect, there is a little wear on the outer sleeve (not the top part you can see white there, that's just a reflection, it's not that bad) and there's some slight creasing near the bottom of the FJ pamphlet, but it's otherwise in good condition. I don't think I've actually seen one of these before so I wasn't sure what I was getting, I was kind of expecting it to be a single book with the Kalafina and FictionJunction pamphlets combined, but having both books inside a cool case is certainly pleasant :sohappy:. That autograph is just print, nothing that cool :ayashii:.

QvTONzT.jpg

5IY3N70.jpg

z6tt1tn.jpg

I just wish I had the money to be able to actually do that with Kalafina. It's a rule I generally follow with any other artist, after all. Safe to say I'll be going all out in October.

Bought 4 singles in total (quite a binge shopping spree for me really) at Amazon JP and Yahoo! Auctions (via FromJapan) since I finally found an awesome service for buying stuff from Japan (except YJA and club memberships), called Kaji's Shop. It's a one-man proxy service/custom request thing (again, with the exceptions I just mentioned), and based on the reviews and my personal experience so far, it's a really great service! Fast and responsive. You might need to wait for a while for communications to continue sometimes since, you know, she's a person and not a company XD Totally recommended! For those who will try it out, let me know how it goes! ^0^ For me, I requested a forwarding service since that's just really what I need.

Also, did you know Oricon has stopped counting overseas sales for their charts since last year? I think it's still the case until today (feel free to correct if I'm wrong though). Anyway, more details here. So as much as I want to buy One Light from CDJapan, I ended up buying from Amazon yet again lmao OTL Coupled Progressive with that purchase since I really want to hear Utsukushisa already :3 And from FromJapan (lol redundancy not intended) I got Hikari no Senritsu and Fairytale. Will now be patiently waiting for them :>

Also, here's my current collection!
48Okc1I.jpg

Sorry for the ew quality (bad room lighting, and camera flash suddenly decided to die on me! :/)
And I am officially addicted to LE stuff. This will be the death of my monthly budget, really.
Didn't include merchandise (more like magazines at this point) since you already know what those are (Kadokawa and B-PASS ALL AREA).

Here's Ring Your Bell vinyl too!
11742846_1461159284202598_7185585916156641176_n.jpg
11707523_1461159280869265_7389558267226544932_n.jpg

As for the postcards, I bought this photo album because I couldn't find any affordable postcard album (is that the right term?) anywhere. Before doing so, I made sure they fit nice and smooth, without a high chance of them sticking to the plastic because of humidity, which has happened to many of my photos before ;A;

10407654_1461170717534788_8120566139369376770_n.jpg

Anyway, here are the tokuten so far:
11222810_1461170710868122_393950157147980786_n.jpg
10435069_1461170714201455_8663675649770075530_n.jpg
11705155_1461170787534781_2235030782635143218_n.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the long post! I sure made this one as long as a blog post @_@

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks for the tip suteki! I have been recently considering to use proxy services to get more stuff, and I might try Kaji's Shop first. XD

Such a shame though that our purchases of their CDs are no longer counted in Oricon charts. Unless we see regular Kalafina releases outside Japan, I guess they will never know the dedication their overseas fans are making when it comes to buying their CDs. :/

You're welcome @chrisgarci! I wonder what stuff you're planning to get first? I will try her proxy service eventually (or not, if Spacecraft store decides to accept my card) for Kalafina merchandise <3

True, indeed... For that reason I get my stuff from Amazon and have it shipped to a local address then to me. Who cares about 8% tax! XD And also Amazon has a lot of humongous discounts that I can't simply pass up >_<

But even if the overseas sales don't count toward the Oricon charts, at least they still end up in Kalafina's (but more on SME's really) pockets ^^d

I finally managed to find a copy of Re/Oblivious, which arrived this morning. It's nice to have this cool and rare thing at last, because I'd all but given up on getting hold of a copy.

I hope I'm not opening another can of worms in mentioning this, but it's quite...nostalgic - I don't think they'd release anything like this now.

The packaging is minimalist - online scans of the cover artwork make it look black, but it's actually white print on a gloss silver background. An advert inside lists two live events in 2008 (one of which proudly says "SOLD OUT!"), and the CD comes in a little plastic inner sleeve - a smaller version of what the RyB vinyl comes in (this isn't unique btw: I have a P-MODEL CD at home that's packaged in the same way; I think it's an attempt to give it a 'vinyl release' appearance, despite the disc being a CD*). The sheet inside has a couple of paragraphs where I'm guessing YK is explaining Oblivious and the remix process, but there's no photos or mention of the vocalists' names. Oh, and a postcard with some KnK sketch art.

It's like looking into a time capsule from early in the band's career: it's not showing pics of the vocalists, nor does it give any indication of what their image would develop into or how high-profile they'd become. The nostalgic feeling I'm getting sort of comes from that really. All the songs are really nice too. None of the "I like all of them except..." feeling I get from their recent releases.

*given the length (20 minutes or so), I'd love to see this reissued on vinyl someday.

^ Just out of curiosity, but how much did you pay for your copy of Re/Oblivious? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I just have a chance to get a physical copy, but I'm on the fence about how much I'd be willing to pay for it. I think it'd be worth getting it for all the reasons you stated (plus the fact I don't have any of the songs on my iPod). Still, getting another's opinion/perspective might help.

@Spirica Rose it cost $55 USD from a Japanese seller on Discogs, including postage. That sounds like a lot (the same as I'll be paying for the Red or Blue day blu-rays...), but it's the cheapest I've seen it listed and it's long since out of print by now.

I don't have a scanner to hand atm, but I can take a photo or two and (if I'm feeling REALLY brave) try to type out the inlay booklet notes. I'm not even halfway through learning the kanji yet, so it could take a while...

@Spirica Rose FYI if that can be useful to you, I paid mine (three years ago) ¥3,395 on Amazon Japan through CDJAPAN's Special Request Service (that means + ¥1,500 postage fee by EMS).

The live events promoted on the leaflet are... Dream Port.

@Martin: Thanks for telling me! Is that brand new or more like gently used? Honestly, that seems to be a fairly good deal to me. When I first started looking, even used copies were $75 USD. I'd love to see pictures of it, if you have the time to take a couple.

@Daiima: Yes, that is helpful. Thanks! That sounds pretty reasonable. I think the ones on Amazon JP are a little more expensive now, but not outrageously so. I honestly never thought to look there. xD

That is really nice. I've seen it at auction a couple of times but not managed to acquire a copy yet. Probably going to be the next thing I try to get, I really like most of the tracks on it.

I've checked the listings on Amazon JP and the reasonably-priced copies have been sold! Now the cheapest ones in good condition (and with obi) are listed at over 5,000 yen >_< This is too rare huhuhuhuhu I hope they don't run out of copies before I can buy one </3

I just went ahead and bought a copy of Re/Oblivious. Says it's in very good condition (not sure about the obi, though). It was less than $40 USD, so I think it was worth it (I decided to go with a third party Japanese seller on Amazon US for anyone wondering). It'll just take forever to get here! :@_@:

Back