What are you listening to right NOW?

So I didn't dig into the exact cuts that were used during the episodes as much as you, but I enjoyed the album-set on its own.

Vol.2 is more interesting than Vol.1 imo but overall, the reminiscent main motif is interesting and not boring. This is a score with world atmospheric moments, timeless outer space moments (synths), sometimes weird, uplifting, even epic... I thought the mix of nordic traditional instruments (esp Nyckelharpa*) and synths was quite innovating, and that seemed to be Natalie Holt's initial goal so this is an achievement. For a first time with live brass and choirs, nice!

If I remember something about the music in the episodes that lacks in the final soundtrack, maybe it would be some more emotional tracks?
I'm glad that you pointed out the unreleased music, because I didn't pay enough attention to notice by myself... and I can understand your disappointment. Like, the album could be even better so... good job to Natalie Holt. I hope she comes back in the MCU, should they keep at least her themes or hire her for a future movie.

#97 As a Justisimp my favorite tracks are obviously "He Who Remains" > "Living Storm" > "Headless", "Pep Talk", "Be", "TVA", "Reset Charges".

* found this interview interesting
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/featu...r27VGrqh9bJL8a88XyxULDvzOQcyo97poC3v9ST11FWlE
Sorry but can't help making another weird disgression but it gives me some Transformers 5 vibes, maybe because of the Hybrid-Nordic-Starry-Uplifting genre.

Last edited:
Vol.2 is more interesting than Vol.1 imo
I think I preferred Vol. 1. I didn't count the actual minutes but it felt like this one has less theremin and less solo stuff in general. Despite synths still being there, they aren't really the focus and it's far more orchestral and grand (and then mellow), even in its lesser tracks.
If they included some of the missing tracks from the show on this 2nd one then maybe I would bump it higher.

From vol.2 I guess I would pick these as favorites: Headless, Alligator Bite (ynot), Secret Hideout, Goodbyes, Living Storm (the first part is insane), B15's Memories, Ohio 2018, Stop, Be (considering how operatic/inyoface the tv series is with its music, this one is probably the best non-action background track with how it incorporates previous motifs), Back in the TVA.
Actually, I guess rather than must-have-favorites, these would be the ones that I can see myself going back to. Others not so much, although I am tickled by the cheesiness of "Classic Builds" and its ?interpolation of Ride of the Valyries.

Disney releasing OSTs for single episodes of What If...? but not Loki...

They really don't want my money. Feels weird.

Back