What are you listening to right NOW?

Assuage His Disappointment by Hauptharmonie.

Why is this group dead. They were so good and died too soon.

Mor Ardain, Roaming Wastes - Xenoblade 2 ost

I know a lot of people were excited for this ost because of Mitsuda, but Kenji Hiramatsu is the real star. Tracks like this and counterattack are among the most memorable in the game, and they really define the sound of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Sakura Biyori-Mai Hoshimura (haven't heard this song in awhile, I rather like it. It has a nice melody, I would like to see Kalafina cover it, I think they would do a good job)

Hyakka-Kala :kungfu::hero: (lol I just love Keiko's opening so much. It is my ring tone right now, actually her second verse is, but yeah... so awesome!)

TVXQ- Bolero
This is such a good song
This song sounds REALLY Kajiura-esque imo. Especially all the harmonies in the chorus and the instrumental. I could totally see Kalafina singing this tbh, am I the only one? :XD:Except I feel Kalafina aren't vocally strong enough to do all that crazy belting in the bridge, but eh

I also love this live version with Chen and Kyuhyun (who are both better vocalists than the majority of the TVXQ members) but the quality unfortunately isn't the greatest :(
I was very pleasantly surprised by Chen's Japanese pronunciation in this song tho, it's a lot better than I remembered

TVXQ- Bolero
This is such a good song
This song sounds REALLY Kajiura-esque imo. Especially all the harmonies in the chorus and the instrumental. I could totally see Kalafina singing this tbh, am I the only one? :XD:Except I feel Kalafina aren't vocally strong enough to do all that crazy belting in the bridge, but eh
This is from an alternate dimension where Kajiura decided to compose for boy bands, dat buildup into the chorus is Kajiura 101, and you even have that countertenor to sing Yuriko Kaida' s part

np: maybe tomorrow (Fiction II ver)

This is from an alternate dimension where Kajiura decided to compose for boy bands, dat buildup into the chorus is Kajiura 101, and you even have that countertenor to sing Yuriko Kaida' s part

np: maybe tomorrow (Fiction II ver)

HAHAHA True. The harmonies are so Kajiura-esque, it blew me away the first time I heard it. It's like the weirdest mix between Kpop and Kajiura for me, but I like it way more than I was expecting to
:XD:
Especially when I saw the superior live version with Chen (from EXO) and Kyuhyun (from Super Junior). I like the original version too but Chen and Kyuhyun are regarded as two as the best vocalists in all of Kpop (Chen has one of my personal favorite voices of all time), so they absolutely NAILED the song, and it sounds just absolutely beautiful. Now I wanna see them sing more Kajiura- styled songs, it suits both their voices so well.
The bridge in that song is SO FUCKING GOOD, I mean listen to how open and resonant Kyuhyun sounds here, if Kalafina could ever sound that good I think I would cry.
And this part always gives me chills, "Don't youu knowwww YEAHH, I'll stand by yourr SIIIIDE"

now listening: Chen- Kyuhyun- Changmin- Bolero (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
shadows and fog — Kajiura Yuki

I am astonished at how this song has taken THIS F:knife::gimmeh::wai:ING LONG to come to my attention!!!!!! How the hell was I so drawn toward such weak stuff as “espionage trap” in comparison? I literally haven’t been able to stop repeating this song for the past 25 minutes.

Animelo Summer Live theme songs on youtube now that mages/5pb don't block videos in countries with youtube red any more.

TVXQ- Bolero
This is such a good song
This song sounds REALLY Kajiura-esque imo. Especially all the harmonies in the chorus and the instrumental. I could totally see Kalafina singing this tbh, am I the only one? :XD:Except I feel Kalafina aren't vocally strong enough to do all that crazy belting in the bridge, but eh.

Yeeeah, so um, fuck you @sarasara.

It's not your fault of course, but I don't know why the fuck I sat there and listened to that song in the middle of the night, in bed of all places, with a full day of classes the next day, starting at 8:30 AM. And I live in Michigan -- not fun at this time of year, especially for driving. Oh, someone just casually says, "Hey guys, this is really Kajiura-esque!" And I just la-di-da hop in and LISTEN TO IT. Forgetting that the only work by TVXQ that I've touched was Mirotic.

Cue me stuck sitting straight up in my bed for two hours and twenty-six minutes (and then my phone died), slack-jawed and wholeheartedly crying from both the harmonies of the arrangement and their music video.

But you're damn right, if Kalafina sang this (possibly with a little extra boost from Yuriko Kaida), I would be indescribably shaken (AGAIN).

Pass some similar aesthetic songs on to me and I'll definitely be listening to them!!! At a less idiotic time.

Back