What are you listening to right NOW?

back on "Bravely Default Flying Fairy Original Soundtrack". Meaning to get a friend to listen to it then get them to watch Bravely Default Live.

Devilman Crybaby's OST. Such a majestic soundtrack for such a good show.

• Hotel Lobby — Utada
This song is, I believe, my favorite English song from her, with Kremlin Dusk at a close second. Yes, I realize those are weird choices, and forgot to mention that I separate Sanctuary/S&C from her album songs. Love the composition manner in which the topic was sung about.
Before that, from most recent:
• Tomodachi — Utada Hikaru
• This Will Be the Day — Casey Lee Williams
• Snow — SID
•Landscape — Chiaki Ishikawa

All of Michael Jackson's discography on loop.
How have I never heard the majority of his b-sides before?? They're all fucking incredible, songs like Butterflies, Heaven Can Wait, Break of Dawn, and Just Good Friends are among some of my all time favorite songs now.
Something really really cool that I noticed is that one of MJ's biggest producers, Teddy Riley, actually composed and worked on a bunch of songs for SHINee and EXO, which makes SO MUCH SENSE, and it's so gratifying to know that I was getting all those old-school MJ vibes from SHINee and EXO songs for a reason haha

This SHINee song in particular has always given me serious MJ vibes (especially Jonghyun's line delivery, he had a very similar sounding voice to MJ at times) and, when I checked, this WAS a song that was produced by Teddy Riley and I was like jesus christ that makes so much sense now lol
(This one too)

And this is an EXO song that has always given me MJ R&B ballad vibes, and now that I know it was also produced by Teddy Riley, it makes so much senseeee, this is so cool lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you like it?
i like it a lot! the vibraphone brings something new to the table and overall the soundtrack has a very unified sound. i particularly love walking in the fog... it's simple, yes, but i've been into cello lately.
a royal girl reminds me of some Hanako songs like flower garden. orchestration made me think of the unreleased Hanako chokuzen special track?

Still slowly going through the million CDs I bought in Japan, so currently listening to Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas' Nextreme album.

A recap of all the songs at Sanremo Festival this year. Surprisingly, many were very good :dote:

Back