What are you listening to right NOW?

Wagakki band - Synchronicity
I could see Keiko singing a song like this

That’s exactly what I was just listening to and exactly my thoughts upon hearing it several weeks ago.
Before that, my iPhone had decided to give me a tangent of recent Utada. Going in order from the first one —

•Kouya no Ōkami
•Forevermore
•Michi
(This was a break in the shuffle as Tightrope by Valshe came on)
•Anata
•Tomodachi
•Ore no Kanojo

Right now I’m studying and so I have City Ruins (Rays of Light) from the NieR:Automata OST softly in the background.

Probably because she’s a contralto. Deep voices suit jazz/swing music

On topic: listening to Amanda Lee’s cover of ‘Fake Wings’ on repeat
Proud of how far she’s come as a vocalist:TdT: (and it’s good that she seems to love Kajiura’s work)

^There was a vocalist that was on itunes that sang a cover of canta per me, and I think another one. I forget her name now. She was okay... I don't think her voice fit the song very well. But I am glad other people are covering her works as well and putting it on albums!

I still love the original Synchronicity... //is slapped I don't know, I just don't care for Keiko's version all that much. I guess I don't like the background music for her version. I like her voice. I miss the English in the beginning. lol

舞-Kajiura (Forgot how awesome the My (Mai) Hime/Otome osts are, I wish for another like this in the future!)

Storytelling - Yuki Kajiura

This song has really grown on me. When it first released, I really disliked it because of how repetitive it sounded, but all these years later, it somehow sounds fresh and relaxing. Never expected that to happen.

us - Aimer ft TK

As far as collaborations go, it doesn't get much better than this

“Everybody Wants To Rule The World” — Lorde. I forgot that Lorde had a fairly deep range, although it’s not necessarily robust. Her bottom harmony was touching an E3.
Before that:
•“Healing Winds” - Soulcalibur III OST
•“Possessed By Disease” - NieR: Automata OST
•“Respect Me” - Chiaki Ishikawa
•“Landscape” (IDK why I adore this song so much) - Chiaki Ishikawa

Ice Cream-Saeko Chiba (I've been thinking about ice cream lately, even though it's been cold out lol and this song keeps popping my head, forgot that I really like the instrumentals, also the English lol wow)

Saints - MADLAX OST
One of Yuki's best Kajiurago OST of all time
:love::love::love:
Yuki sounds so beautiful...

and fierce?:confu:

Well the point is I wish Yuki did more OST featuring herself more then often.

desolate landscape-Kajiura (everything about this song is haunting, the title, the tune, though repetitive, sends chills up my spine and i love it. One of my favorites from the series.)

The new Mamamoo song. Something about this song and the MV especially heavily reminds me of something Kalafina would do, idek why.
It's a decent song, but I'm not a huge fan of it. It is really cool that Moonbyul gets to sing though! I've always preferred the timbre of her voice when she sings rather than raps.
The only Mamamoo song I genuinely love and never get sick of is Aze Gag. This song is GOLD (even though I have no idea what's happening in the MV).

Village on the Sand-Blackmore's Night (such a great band, my faves by them though are 25 years, health to the company and peasant's promise, oh locked within the crystal ball is awesome too. They are a Renaissance band and I wish they would come to our faire. Please check them out!)

Back