What are you listening to right NOW?

@sarasara i'm so with you on Vacance. I don't know why I slept on that track for so long until I listened to the whole Red Light album again. Back then the only songs that really captured my attention are Red Light, Milk, Butterfly, and Dracula. Recently I got really into All Night and Paper Heart. I used to don't really care about Spit it Out and Boom Bang Boom but after listening to them again they're not bad - just take some time to get used to.

AND FYEAH I'm so excited for Taemin's solo lol the teaser notification came to me at almost midnight yesterday thankfully i haven't slept yet. I completely forgot that they (SHINee members) are yet to take their mandatory military service. If they decide to serve after their 10th anniv (just like what Shinhwa did) we'd get like 2-4 years hiatus. 2 years if they decide to take their service at the same time and 4 years if they decide to take their service one by one (again, like what Shinhwa did). Urgh I just got really into them and they're facing a scandal plus they're going to take an inevitable hiatus due to military service.

SNSD members leaving making their shitty promotion for their 10th anniversary kinda explained. Why bother promoting them hard when the members were going to leave/not extending their contracts? I'm pretty sure they already had their talk about their contracts since earlier this year. I'm also not the biggest fan of them but they're still iconic and they did have really good songs. There's no actual talk about their disbandment but having half of the members left I'm not really sure about SNSD's future. The members also have their solo activities after all.

Do give Lay's album a try! The self-proclaimed Sheep of China worked really hard for this album and he was very anxious for this album after all. Anw I haven't given any Luhan's songs a try lol but from what I know he's really really big in China.

Currently listening to: a youtube video played by my lil siblings (a gamer youtuber)

Ughh yess, Idk why Vacance didn't stand out to me much the first time I heard it, but I just heard it randomly on shuffle by chance and I was completely blown away bc it was so good. Red Light was such a good album omg. I'm with you on Spit it Out though, that one (along with Rainbow) took quite a few listens before it grew on me completely lol.

And Taemin's album ughhhhh I'm so ready!! All the teaser videos look so good, I love the concept, and the beat is giving me major Sexuality/Guess Who vibes, and those tracks were AWESOME.

But IK, it's gonna suck when they're all away at the military :( SHINee isn't SHINee unless they're 5. I hope they just go all at once to minimize the wait, but those 2 years are going to be depressing af

I just listened to Lay's album, and it was good! I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked I Need U, Hand, X Back, and Director. Thanks for getting me to listen to it haha

Currently Listening to: Super Junior- Simply Beautiful.
Kyuhyun's voice is so good ugh

Out Loud-Gabbie Hanna was on then it changed to The Arena-Lindsey Stirling (seriously, go check out both. Gabbie is brilliant at everything she does and so is Lindsey, who is amazing!)

Beautiful Life - SHINee

I'm so in love in Key in this song. Idk why but I liked the way he sang the first part of the chorus the most.

Taemin's MOVE Album. Currently on Heart Stop.

I definetely need to give the album a few more listens before I give my full opinion on it yet, but so far I'm liking what I'm hearing a lot. Move is a really cool track, it's kinda low-key but super sensual and very Taemin. My only complaint is that it doesn't really go anywhere, it just kinda stays on one level throughout the whole thing, but it might grow on me just like Drip Drop did, so who knows.

EDIT: OK just reached Thirsty and WOW this is (along with Crazy 4 U) definetely my favorite track so far omg

EDIT #2: Ok nevermind Crazy 4 U is my new favorite track on the album, I love the kinda jazzy piano intro and the rest of the track is just so groovy and smooth and the cool chord progressions throughout are so good ughhh Taemin I love you

Last edited by a moderator:
@sarasara Taemin nailed the androgynous look so much on the MV omg I was like gaping when I saw him dancing with that sleeveless turtleneck and that pants omg omg I haven't listened to the whole album but so far I'm really really digging MOVE urgh

anw now I'm listening to sexuality - by Taemin ofc. still a favorite.

@sarasara Taemin nailed the androgynous look so much on the MV omg I was like gaping when I saw him dancing with that sleeveless turtleneck and that pants omg omg I haven't listened to the whole album but so far I'm really really digging MOVE urgh

anw now I'm listening to sexuality - by Taemin ofc. still a favorite.
YESS He looked so GOOD in the MV omg I'm so proud of hiim
And Move grew on me a lot, it's now probably one of my favorites off the album.
The whole album is available on Spotify btw! It's really good imo. I don't like it quite as much as Ace and Press It overall, but in general it's a really good album and it shows that once again, Taemin literally never disappoints.

Kinda random but here's my track by track and full overall review:

Move- This one is very sensual and smooth, kinda low-key, but still very R&B and very Taemin. I love the heavy beat throughout, as well as the various countermelodies during the chorus. Taemin’s vocals also sound great here; he sings in his lower range throughout the entire track and it’s very intense. It took a few listens to fully grow on me but now I really enjoy it. I especially like the bridge, the chord progressions in the beat are awesome and Taemin’s vocals sound better than ever. Taemin also looks handsomer than he’s ever been in the MV, he really nails that androgynous look ;))

Love: This is a powerful and beautiful mid-tempo R&B ballad. I really like the chord progressions in the verses, Taemin’s vocals sound soo controlled and on point here too, I seriously can’t get over how much he’s improved. His belting in the chorus is great too.

Crazy 4 U: This one is just really cool. It opens on a somewhat jazzy piano and some cool drums, but then the beat drops about a minute in and the whole feel of the song completely changes. I absolutely love the chord progressions and how Taemin’s voice sounds in the ‘Crazy 4 U Crazy 4 U’ lines during the verses. There are some amazing harmonies in this one too. My definite favorite off the album so far.

Heart Stop: I was fully expecting this to be a ballad but I was very pleasantly surprised once I heard it and discovered that it wasn’t. It’s another super smooth and groovy upbeat R&B banger, Seulgi’s silky and velvety (HAH) vocals really suit the track. Like Drip Drop, it has a bunch of really cool interesting vocal rhythmic figures throughout that make it really stand out IMO.

Rise: Basically Soldier 2.0. The two tracks sound eerily similar, I think they even might be in the same key or something (Okay, just checked the credits and they were composed by the same people, that definitely explains it.) Soldier wasn’t my favorite track on Press It but I definitely understood the appeal and why it was loved by so many, and this one seems like it’s going to follow that trend. I still can’t help but like Love a little bit better though.

Thirsty: More smooth af sensual R&B, gosh Taemin literally never disappoints. This one has a sorta cool trap beat to it as well, which I usually wouldn’t be a huge fan of, but here it works surprisingly well and makes the track groove so much harder. The way Taemin’s voice goes up a little when he says ‘Thirsty’ makes me lol though haha. I really like the bridge in this one too.

미로 (Stone Heart)- The beat in this one changes around a lot, it keeps the track really fresh and interesting to listen to. Taemin’s harmonizations with himself (I particularly like the ones here) sound really nice here too. This one feels the most Western off the album for me though, especially that ‘Youuuuu” in the Chorus. Only issue is that it ends so abruptly. :/

Back To You- This is the most acoustic track on the album for sure, the guitar instrumental sounds very mellow and quite beautiful actually. Taemin’s vocals also sound very very good here, I really like the way his voice has been developing and maturing recently. The melody of the track doesn’t really stick with me much, but it’s definitely not bad. This one also strikes me as very Western sounding.

Flame of Love (Korean Ver.)- Lol hearing this one is kinda jarring after hearing all the other songs on the album, the vibes just don’t mesh at all (This track has always felt very uniquely Japanese to me, while the rest of the album doesn’t feel that way in the slightest haha). The Korean lyrics are fine and all, but I guess I’m just too used to the Japanese.

Overall, I really enjoyed this album. Like EXO’s ‘The War’ album, SM has seemed to develop a fondness for producing more Western sounding music this year, which I’m admittedly not the hugest fan of, but if it’s all as well produced as this, I can hardly complain. I have to say, I do miss having that one track that Jonghyun helped work on, (Pretty Boy from Ace and Already from Press It), as those tracks have consistently always been my favorite tracks from Taemin, but oh well. :/ The album is very thematically consistent and cohesive (with the exception of Flame of Love) which is great, but I do kinda miss the variety that was present on Ace and Press It. (I was really hoping for another cool funky track like Wicked, or a softer and more emotional R&B ballad like Until Today, Already, and Play Me.). The album kinda feels like an album entirely filled of Drip Drop sound-alikes lol. (And I don't entirely mean that in a negative way).

I’m definitely going to give the album some more listens before I completely make up my mind, but so far I don’t think I like it better than Press It or Ace, but it’s still overall an excellent album and definitely worth a listen. My favorite tracks are definitely Crazy 4 U, Move, and Thirsty.

Currently Listening to:
Taemin- Until Today
Still one of my all time favorite Taemin tracks. I really missed this more emotional and passionate side of Taemin in the new album, this track is literally gorgeous.

Double post but:

Kalafina- Eden
I've always had a soft spot for this song, I get why so many people don't really like it but idk for me it's just always been one of those songs that I've really liked. I think I just like how often the song modulates, even though it's a little bit too much, it keeps it really entertaining for me to listen to.

Also, Luna- I Wish
This song is soooo goooooood omg. It actually reminds me of something Taemin or Jonghyun would do, it has that same super smooth and sensual R&B vibe (sounds a bit like Drip Drop actually). And Luna's voice is just :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
And Luna actually composed this one too!! I just love her and f(x) so much urgh <33
Free Somebody was such a good EP I'm so disappointed it was completely slept on in Korea. :(

@sarasara I used to HATE Eden lol but after some time I actually don't hate it and in fact I quite like it. The song just suffers from being too long and because it's too long it becomes too repetitive for my liking. I actually liked the Kajiurago, the countermelodies and the harmonies. Also, Keiko's final line is Eden <3

AND YES UGH FREE SOMEBODY IS SUCH A GOOD EP Luna is so very underappreciated. Knetizens seem to hate her. Krystal is the most popular in Korea, Amber is the most popular in America and Europe, and Victoria is the Queen of China. Luna always seemed to be the least popular. People love to sleep on actual good singer since Luna is always seen as the least attractive f(x) members while in fact she's really pretty. It's not her fault that f(x) has 3 of the best visuals in Kpop scene (Victoria, Sulli, and Krystal). I actually don't find Sulli to be that attractive but she's very pretty according to Korean standard.

Anw I'm listening to Taemin's Move album now!

Maybe I'd post a more detailed review later but yes I agree that this album, while is still a solid album, still feels too "american". But at least the songs are good and it's still better than EXO's Power in the sense that there are tracks that I actually like from the get go.

Favorites are Move (listening to this now), Rise (I like its Korean title more, the hangeul 이카루스 read as Icarus lol), Flame of Love (I only found the japanese version a few days back so I don't really feel weird listening to the Korean version), and Thirsty. I'm okay with Love, Crazy 4 U and Heart Stop. not the biggest fan of Stone Heart since it's so...dull and the constant beat change is so weird and not impressed with Back to You as well. This album style follows Taemin's previous releases but yes it lacks variety because there's no actual songs that i would bop my head to (not that I'm saying the album is bad. I feel like the album is only pleasant to listen to and not to swing your body to because there's no songs like Danger and Experience. Danger is just such a great debut track (like Kala's own oblivious) it kinda hard to top that Idk if that makes sense or not lmao :XD:)

A Stray Child-Emily Bindiger/Kajiura (Sounds really cool with my new speakers, very echoing, which I like with this song anyways)

@sarasara I used to HATE Eden lol but after some time I actually don't hate it and in fact I quite like it. The song just suffers from being too long and because it's too long it becomes too repetitive for my liking. I actually liked the Kajiurago, the countermelodies and the harmonies. Also, Keiko's final line is Eden <3

AND YES UGH FREE SOMEBODY IS SUCH A GOOD EP Luna is so very underappreciated. Knetizens seem to hate her. Krystal is the most popular in Korea, Amber is the most popular in America and Europe, and Victoria is the Queen of China. Luna always seemed to be the least popular. People love to sleep on actual good singer since Luna is always seen as the least attractive f(x) members while in fact she's really pretty. It's not her fault that f(x) has 3 of the best visuals in Kpop scene (Victoria, Sulli, and Krystal). I actually don't find Sulli to be that attractive but she's very pretty according to Korean standard.

Anw I'm listening to Taemin's Move album now!

Maybe I'd post a more detailed review later but yes I agree that this album, while is still a solid album, still feels too "american". But at least the songs are good and it's still better than EXO's Power in the sense that there are tracks that I actually like from the get go.

Favorites are Move (listening to this now), Rise (I like its Korean title more, the hangeul 이카루스 read as Icarus lol), Flame of Love (I only found the japanese version a few days back so I don't really feel weird listening to the Korean version), and Thirsty. I'm okay with Love, Crazy 4 U and Heart Stop. not the biggest fan of Stone Heart since it's so...dull and the constant beat change is so weird and not impressed with Back to You as well. This album style follows Taemin's previous releases but yes it lacks variety because there's no actual songs that i would bop my head to (not that I'm saying the album is bad. I feel like the album is only pleasant to listen to and not to swing your body to because there's no songs like Danger and Experience. Danger is just such a great debut track (like Kala's own oblivious) it kinda hard to top that Idk if that makes sense or not lmao :XD:)

Haha yeah, I remember seeing you say how much you hated Eden a while back, but it's nice to hear you've grown to like it lol
It is really quite repetitive but it's one of the few songs where the repetitiveness doesn't grate at my nerves after repeated listens. And yess, the harmonies are really good.

BUT IK Free Somebody was SO good, I don't get why Luna is so underappreciated, she's my favorite female idol by far. She's just always so sweet and positive and she always tries her best and I just want the best for her, she deserves more love <3.

I totally get why Amber is so popular here (in America) but she's just too stereotypically American for me lol (if that makes sense), it kinda weirds me out (From her Youtube channel, her personality hardcore reminds me of those Buzzfeed people, who I typically can't stand lmao. Fitting how she was actually featured on a Buzzfeed video too lol).
And Luna is so pretty! I've seen some people say that she's legit ugly and I'm just like...how? Sulli has always been one of the least attractive members for me too haha, I guess the 'traditional' Korean beauty standards aren't the most appealing to me.

Yeah, agreed with you on Move too.
After some more listens, my overall thoughts are that it was a good album, but not great like how Press It and Ace were for me (Both those albums didn't have a single track that I disliked, while on this one I did dislike a couple, like Back to You).
I agree haha, it's gonna be really hard for him to top Danger, that track was just so good, I want him to go back to that concept. And I think I already said this, but I really really wanted that super sensual R&B slow jam like Ace, Until Today, and Already (Taemin's voice just suits those type of tracks so well), so not having one really disappointed me.

You're right, there was a severe lack in variety in terms of genre/overall feel of the song here, which was also kinda disappointing. Literally every single track except for maybe Move (and Flame of Love obviously) felt Western inspired in some way, while in Press It and Ace, very few tracks (almost none actually) felt Western influenced to me.

But overall, I'm happy with this comeback. I really liked Move and the MV (especially the choreo too!) so I'm gonna be looking forward to seeing the live performances for that and stuff.

Currently Listening:
Taemin-Pretty Boy
and Taemin-Wicked

God Ace had such a wide variety of songs present for being only an EP, it was so good. Every single track on Ace was such a bop, I loved it soooo much. And even though I'm not a big Kai fan, his friendship with Taemin is super adorable, so I just can't help but like his rap parts in Pretty Boy because of it lol.
Hopefully whenever next Taemin's next comeback is, he breaks away from that American music sound and goes back to making music like this:XD:.

Kinda random, but I read somewhere a few days ago (can't remember where) that Jonghyun's been working on a new solo album, and if that's true I'm SUPER excited, because Jonghyun's solo work is legit amaaazing. And since he composes all his own music, we don't have to worry about SM giving him weird American sounding music lol

@sarasara omg omg another Jonghyun solo album YES MAKE IT HAPPEN SM. WITH ANOTHER F(X) COMEBACK.
Btw I'm so in love with Move after watching Taemin's performance in SFW GOD HE'S SO AWESOME AND HIS MOVEMENTS URGH bye

Today I'm in Kajiuramood and I watched the YKL#2 DVD and also listened to The Best of YKL volume 2 and some other KalaFJ performances. So many good songs.
Still in love with vanity, fake wings, and canta per me from live vol 2 (haven't listened to them in sooooo long)
Still in love with Madlax Mix (the FJ chorus is SO GOOD), still in love with Satoyama Main Theme, still really liked Contractor Live despite of how "full" it sounded.

Also the YKL#7 audio recording is so good (mostly when Wakana wasn't around lol sorry Wakana). I swear sounded so good on this one, Yuriko was wonderful in sis puella magica!. And that KnK medley umph me wants.

All of Taemin's recent live performances.
I really like his performances of Move, his stage presence is really something else.
This interview is so sweet though, I love how candid and open about his insecurities he is, gosh I love him and I'm glad he's gaining more recognition.

Joelle- 茨ノ楽園 (Ibara no Rakuen), followed by Sound Horizon- 忘れな月夜 (Wasurena Tsukiyo)

Just on a small Joelle medley, don't mind me :love:

재연 (An Encore) - SHINee

I kept on playing this song since yesterday. The last 3 lines where Key-Onew-Jonghyun sang after each other with Taemin's countermelody on background is MAGICAL

Back