What are you listening to right NOW?

I See Three Ships-Lindsey Stirling (from her Christmas album, I know it's really early, but it's a cool song, not very Xmasy. lol more pirate or Assassin's Creed)

Rescue - SHINee

Urgh Jonghyun's and Onew's vocals and also Taemin's and also Key's and even Minho's in this song

I was listening to that song as i wrote that but then my dad called me so rn I I am listening to

Odd Eye - SHINee

Urgh Jonghyun's and Onew's vocals and also Taemin's and also Key's and even Minho's in this song (reaction is exactly the same lol)

Rescue - SHINee

Urgh Jonghyun's and Onew's vocals and also Taemin's and also Key's and even Minho's in this song

I was listening to that song as i wrote that but then my dad called me so rn I I am listening to

Odd Eye - SHINee

Urgh Jonghyun's and Onew's vocals and also Taemin's and also Key's and even Minho's in this song (reaction is exactly the same lol)

Omggg Rescue (tied with Don't Stop, I just really love Jonghyun and Taemins vocals in that song) and Odd Eye are my favorite tracks off 1and1 and Odd, respectively.

I love Odd Eye in particular because Jonghyun wrote/composed the song with all the members in mind, so he wrote parts that really let all of them shine (even Minho) and that's why they all sound so good in it (same thing with Prism, I really like Minho’s parts there).

And I just love Jonghyuns compositional style so much (it's so unique and not generic like at all) so I also love this song because of that lol

And I LOOOOVE Rescue too, the harmonies are soooo GOOD, I'm gonna go listen to it after lol

They're both so goood

Currently listening to:
I'm in a psych lecture rn so currently listening to my professor talk; but once my lecture's over I'm gonna listen to SHINee-Rescue lololololol

Now listening to a medley of Wakana-led ballads: Mizu no Akashi, I have a dream, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteiku (acoustic), Kizuato (piano)

Omggg Rescue (tied with Don't Stop, I just really love Jonghyun and Taemins vocals in that song) and Odd Eye are my favorite tracks off 1and1 and Odd, respectively.

I love Odd Eye in particular because Jonghyun wrote/composed the song with all the members in mind, so he wrote parts that really let all of them shine (even Minho) and that's why they all sound so good in it (same thing with Prism, I really like Minho’s parts there).

And I just love Jonghyuns compositional style so much (it's so unique and not generic like at all) so I also love this song because of that lol

And I LOOOOVE Rescue too, the harmonies are soooo GOOD, I'm gonna go listen to it after lol

They're both so goood

Currently listening to:
I'm in a psych lecture rn so currently listening to my professor talk; but once my lecture's over I'm gonna listen to SHINee-Rescue lololololol

Yess I knowww ugh Jonghyun is such a good composer and his songs are unconventional but the kind that I always liked. Even his version of 헌숨 that he sang in his solo concert differs from the one he composed for Lee Hi's, especially in the chorus.

I'm still really really obsessed with An Encore lol forgive me I forgot how much I liked this song. I especially like Onew's vocal in this song. His voice is mixed the loudest in chorus (well, his voice usually is in almost all songs) and he always delivered them greatly in live performances.

UGH RESCUE IS SUCH A GREAT SONG idk why there's a certain charm in Key's voice that I always really liked I mean Jonghyun and Taemin did really great on the first verse but the 2nd verse and the bridge by Onew and Key had me move my body THEY SOUNDED SO GOOD ALSO THE HARMONIES ARE SO GOOD there's no unnecessary members on SHINee, they all have moments where each individuals shine.

I took so much time writing this rn I'm listening to 괴도 by Taemin obviously.

Yess I knowww ugh Jonghyun is such a good composer and his songs are unconventional but the kind that I always liked. Even his version of 헌숨 that he sang in his solo concert differs from the one he composed for Lee Hi's, especially in the chorus.

I'm still really really obsessed with An Encore lol forgive me I forgot how much I liked this song. I especially like Onew's vocal in this song. His voice is mixed the loudest in chorus (well, his voice usually is in almost all songs) and he always delivered them greatly in live performances.

UGH RESCUE IS SUCH A GREAT SONG idk why there's a certain charm in Key's voice that I always really liked I mean Jonghyun and Taemin did really great on the first verse but the 2nd verse and the bridge by Onew and Key had me move my body THEY SOUNDED SO GOOD ALSO THE HARMONIES ARE SO GOOD there's no unnecessary members on SHINee, they all have moments where each individuals shine.

I took so much time writing this rn I'm listening to 괴도 by Taemin obviously.

Lol nw, I really like An Encore too. All their voices sound so good in it, and all the countermelodies and stuff are just :touched:
I agree, Onew really stands out during the chorus, his voice just has a super different color to it, it's so beautiful. It's definetely my favorite ballad on the album (I LOVE this part)

AND IK Rescue is SO good, I'm so sad they've never performed it live. And yes, while the first verse is still good, I love how Key sounds in the second verse too aaaa, all their voices are so distinct and unique but they all blend together so well, I love them <3
And that song has some of the best harmonies that they've ever done, like I get chills every time (especially here)

I read this one blog post one time that was talking about how Minho and Key are useless/unneccessary basically because they're the weakest singers, and it made me kinda mad lol. SHINee is one of those groups where they literally only work as 5, like it always feels so incomplete without all 5 being there. If you wanna talk about unccessary members, just look at Sehun from EXO lol, like he literally serves no purpose besides visuals (and maybe getting 2 rap lines max in a song), while in SHINee, EVERYONE serves a specific purpose and all of them have moments when they shine, no one completely overpowers the other, ugh I love them so much lol.

Currently listening to:
SHINee- Don't Stop
This song absolutely melts me, Jonghyun's and Taemin's vocals (I love how Jonghyun sounds here so much ahhhhh), the harmonies, urghhhalihgasdpvaghlspowul
This is my favorite type of SHINee song, it's so unique and non-conventional but it's so GOOD:@_@:

Also, Jonghyun- Moon and Let Me Out and Suit Up
I love Jonghyun's compositions so much. All you people who say Kpop is devoid of originality and talent and that it's all massproduced need to give SHINee and Jonghyun a listen, like Jonghyun's voice is one of the most non traditional Kpop voices lol, it's so distinct (He's the king of falsettos lol) and he's so talented too ugh I love him too much.
She Is was such a good album honestly, I can't wait for his next comeback ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post, but another EXO live album came out today, so I've been listening to that and I really like it. Baekhyun's voice has grown on me a lot, but I'll still always be 100% Chen biased lol, I just love his voice so much and his vocal techinque is literally unmatched

@sarasara lmao at that Sehun shade but i can't not agree because he's like only there to look handsome. His dance is kinda good though, he's like the 3rd dancer after Kai and Lay but what's the use of having so many lead dancers right.... look at SNSD and Suju with so many members with less purpose (Yoona literally is like Sehun, and Suju doesn't even have any solid singers other than KRY). That's part of the reason why I love groups with less members.

Yesss every SHINee members have their own role that no one can fully fill if one of them is absent. After all, all SHINee members do can sing and dance. Even Minho at least able to keep singing in tune. Key is their jack of all trades but his voice is so unique that it feels weird when he's not around and his voice adds more color to SHINee (already colorful and varied) vocals.

I was listening to Toy by f(x). I haven't listened to that song in so long I forgot how good it was. The song has ended though and now I'm listening to Fantasy by Earth, Wind, and Fire. My spotify playlist is so weird lol forgive me

Idk why but other than Chen I am not that impressed with EXO's vocals.. maybe i'd check that live album later

@ritardando
Lol, about Sehun, it's not that I dislike him, it's just that I don't really get why he's there besides to look pretty. Like, yes, he can dance, but Kai and Lay are better dancers imo, and at least they both get more singing parts (still not much singing parts compared to the rest of EXO, especially Lay, but they usually still get more than Sehun). Like I don't think EXO would struggle at all without Sehun, while I think SHINee always suffers and don't feel complete during performances when it's only 4.

And about that point on Suju lol, while I know that KRY are the only ones who have actual vocal technique, I've always been partial to Donghae's voice lol, he has just such a different and distinct timbre to his voice (He's also attractive as hell lmao), even though he's not really the best singer, technique wise :p
But I fully agree about generally tending to like groups with less members, really big groups usually do nothing for me

And about EXO, I was actually in the exact same boat as you not that long ago lol. Baekhyun and DO are both very techinically good singers, but their voices kinda used to just sound like a generic and typical Kpop voice to me, like I didn't think they were anything special but idk, I started listening to EXO a lot more recently for some reason, and Baekhyun's voice in particular really started to grow on me, idek why :XD:. (I think it might have been this and this video, I like seeing him play piano because he's actually surprisingly really good and I play piano too lol so I appreciate seeing him playing. I especially really like that piano solo he does at the end of My Answer. And I've always really really liked My Turn To Cry as a song, I just wish he did the whole thing :/)

Currently listening to:
Girls Generation TTS- Adrenaline
I just found this song recently but it's really good. I think Girls Generation TTS' songs appeal to me more than Girls Generations normal songs, this song is just way more my type of genre, it actually sounds kinda f(x)ish to me lol.
Rip TTS tho :(
Also, since I'm kinda in an EXO mood, My Turn To Cry. This song is sooo pretttyyyyy (the instrumentals and harmoniessss), I love EXO's slow songs so much more than their more upbeat ones lol.

@ritardando
Lol, about Sehun, it's not that I dislike him, it's just that I don't really get why he's there besides to look pretty. Like, yes, he can dance, but Kai and Lay are better dancers imo, and at least they both get more singing parts (still not much singing parts compared to the rest of EXO, especially Lay, but they usually still get more than Sehun). Like I don't think EXO would struggle at all without Sehun, while I think SHINee always suffers and don't feel complete during performances when it's only 4.

And about that point on Suju lol, while I know that KRY are the only ones who have actual vocal technique, I've always been partial to Donghae's voice lol, he has just such a different and distinct timbre to his voice (He's also attractive as hell lmao), even though he's not really the best singer, technique wise :p
But I fully agree about generally tending to like groups with less members, really big groups usually do nothing for me

And about EXO, I was actually in the exact same boat as you not that long ago lol. Baekhyun and DO are both very techinically good singers, but their voices kinda used to just sound like a generic and typical Kpop voice to me, like I didn't think they were anything special but idk, I started listening to EXO a lot more recently for some reason, and Baekhyun's voice in particular really started to grow on me, idek why :XD:. (I think it might have been this and this video, I like seeing him play piano because he's actually surprisingly really good and I play piano too lol so I appreciate seeing him playing. I especially really like that piano solo he does at the end of My Answer. And I've always really really liked My Turn To Cry as a song, I just wish he did the whole thing :/)

Currently listening to:
Girls Generation TTS- Adrenaline
I just found this song recently but it's really good. I think Girls Generation TTS' songs appeal to me more than Girls Generations normal songs, this song is just way more my type of genre, it actually sounds kinda f(x)ish to me lol.
Rip TTS tho :(
Also, since I'm kinda in an EXO mood, My Turn To Cry. This song is sooo pretttyyyyy (the instrumentals and harmoniessss), I love EXO's slow songs so much more than their more upbeat ones lol.

My Turn to Cry is a really good song. I like EXO Christmas albums more than their regular albums lol December, 2014, Miracles in December, My Turn to Cry, and Unfair are amongst my favorite of EXOBallads.

Tbh I haven't really paid any attention to Suju to be able to differentiate their vocals because lmao at their peak they had 13 members byeee (though by now i've memorized all their names) and some members literally only have 1 line to sing in their songs. Donghae & Eunhyuk duo doesn't really impress me as well but maybe I'd check their whole discography later. I have too many idols on my to-check list lol but why say no to more (hopefully) good musics? :XD:

Baekhyun does get 10x more attractive when he played the piano god his fingers are so pretty I have a hand fetish so he gets much more attractive after I paid attention to his fingers.
Nowadays I actually kinda become a fan of Chanyeol. I grew to like his voice more because he's actually quite a good singer and his timbre is like super different from the rest of EXO members (other than Chen and Sehun but Sehun is not a good singer at all) and he's so musically talented so he's kinda become higher on my favorite list lol

Adrenaline is such a fun song, I agree. That song gave me so much stress on Superstar SMTown though because it's like 20x harder than all other TTS songs there.

Now I'm listening to Missing You - BTOB
This song reminds me to a western song that I still couldn't remember the title.

Back