What are you listening to right NOW?

Late to the party but I'm kinda obsessed with Vikings season 2 through 5 soundtracks. Probably 80% of those ?9hours is ambiance so I guess it might not be to everyone's tastes but it's such a wonderful blend of electronic, ethnic instrumental and vocal performances to me. Pleasantly mixed and mastered, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys6i0PDdUyI
Season 1/6 weren't all that but perhaps it's because I started listening with s4 - maybe Einar Selvik was a bigger part of the music for those middle 4 seasons than one thought...
Season 6 also seems mixed/mastered way louder than the previous 4 and I was certainly grumpy as usual...

4 comparisons sake:
s4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52k_00_2ieg
s6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcK1zdhUHYs

Speaking of Trevor Morris, Castlevania season 2+ OSTs where?

灰色の水曜日/“Haiiro no Suiyoubi.” (ARB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rartGKKX-s
I’m particularly fond of these lyrics:

冷たい雨風が激しく木々を濡らす
咲いたばかりの花も次々に散ってゆく

“The freezing rain and wind violently soak the trees
And the flowers that had only just bloomed scatter one after another.”

Hello! As for extremely unusual music, I support you. I advise you to also try to listen to Hans Zimmer, who is famous due to the fact that he wrote many soundtracks for very popular films, the most famous of which is perhaps Interstellar. It's great, right? I decided to get into writing music after I fell in love with Hans Zimmer. In order to use a variety of sound effects, I used a specific platform. When I found the sound sfx that suits me, I was extremely happy. I hope that if someone is involved in music, he can also use this information.

Last edited:
Hello! As for extremely unusual music, I support you. I advise you to also try to listen to Hans Zimmer, who is famous due to the fact that he wrote many soundtracks for very popular films
Definitely one of my fav composers, despite being annoyed to see only his name used for promotion when he rarely works alone... well, that's RCP.
Tell us what is your Hans Zimmer Top 10 tracks, and Top Soundtracks (full album and approach on movie)?
Excited for Top Gun: Maverick, with Lorne Balfe and Andrew Kawczynski (his Sky Hunter OST, which was produced by Zimmer, has some badass moments).

I love Hans Zimmer! I have Pirates, Batman, Interstellar, Man of Steel, and The Last Samurai (which I didn't know until recently he composed. I loved that movie) Lindsey Stirling did a version of the Dark Knight theme with him. It's pretty cool.

cynical world Live-FJ (love Keiko on this song, almost more than the original, also reading the Slayers novel while listening)

Le Sommet des Dieux / The Summit of the Gods
Amine Bouhafa

I really liked this album...
It includes a very nice blend of (or used the same inspirations as) Wintory's Journey, Mansell's The Fountain (not the epic parts :p), Levy's I Lost My Body.

However... having also just seen the movie, it's not a great presentation of the music in the movie. Oddly edited tracks and partially out of order. Not to mention incomplete and missing some parts that I liked in the movie, as usual. No matter how short the omissions, it's disappointing to me. The wait for an unlikely expanded release begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_JF7KcNOE&list=OLAK5uy_mhqKt0f1SGxjJueFlsQLFOIHOVR02Kkas

Last edited:
Le Sommet des Dieux / The Summit of the Gods
Amine Bouhafa

I really liked this album...
It includes a very nice blend of (or used the same inspirations as) Wintory's Journey, Mansell's The Fountain (not the epic parts :p), Levy's I Lost My Body.

However... having also just seen the movie, it's not a great presentation of the music in the movie. Oddly edited tracks and partially out of order. Not to mention incomplete and missing some parts that I liked in the movie, as usual. No matter how short the omissions, it's disappointing to me. The wait for an unlikely expanded release begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_JF7KcNOE&list=OLAK5uy_mhqKt0f1SGxjJueFlsQLFOIHOVR02Kkas
It was a really good movie as itself.
It is a good adaptation of the manga, but definitely too short (1h30 movie covering 1500 pages, just imagine a movie out of 8 volumes of a regular manga), hence lacking in credibility a lot of times (e.g. Habu taking the plane and climbing the everest some days after...)
Also the rivalry between Habu Joji and Hase Tsuneo is barely developed when it was a big part of the manga.
They messed up the ending by not showing the proof that Mallory actually did it (Fukamachi has to develop the photos).
Btw, the manga sadly doesn't give real credits to Tenzing Norgay, the nepalese sherpa who brang Mallory to the summit...

I really liked the sound-design, found it really immersive and credible as an alpinist.
Appreciated the suggested sequences when depressed Habu enters what I suppose to be Kabukicho.
Loved the views from the Grandes Jorasses in Chamonix, my favorite place in the world aka the birthplace of Alpinism ^^.
As for the music, found it quite good during the movie but didn't try to listen back to the album since then. Will try...

It was a really good movie as itself.
It is a good adaptation of the manga, but definitely too short (1h30 movie covering 1500 pages, just imagine a movie out of 8 volumes of a regular manga), hence lacking in credibility a lot of times (e.g. Habu taking the plane and climbing the everest some days after...)
Also the rivalry between Habu Joji and Hase Tsuneo is barely developed when it was a big part of the manga.
They messed up the ending by not showing (...)

Ya, it was a good movie.
I've not read the manga so I'd say I didn't really feel like it was missing anything. I can only guess the manga's focus was on more /or different/ things? What in the movie may have started as a hunt for the photos on Fukamachi's side, it ended up being about "the call"/life's purpose. (Which is why I also didn't mind them not showing the photos at the end.)
I thought they did a good enough job of showing time pass, too - Fukamachi's chief calling him out early on in the movie, often cutaways to him jogging. Time/scenery/music montages. Etc.

I'd really like to have the film version of the first OST track, as well as some other missing bits and uncombined versions of several tracks they included.

Also, werk@Justisamualpinist.

Last edited:
What in the movie may have started as a hunt for the photos on Fukamachi's side, it ended up being about "the call"/life's purpose. (Which is why I also didn't mind them not showing the photos at the end.)
That's so true. As far as I can remember the photos were like a nod in the epilogue, so not so important too.
Apparently there was a japanese live-action adaptation too, dunno how it is.
I hope that they will adapt Taniguchi's "K" in the future, which is more wtf but pretty good too at least for the eyes.

Back