Voldemort songs that you secretly enjoy?

Omna Magni by Yui Makino < I din't know Yui worked with Voldy..
It's the first song that made me interested in Yoko's work :ohoho: , but I prefer her collaborations with Maaya and Megumi..^ ^.

Neither did I! :shock:
This is actually my fave of Yui's non-Yuki songs.
And did she compose for Megumi Hayashibara as well?
OMG there's still so much to know about her. :XD:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:

Neither did I! :shock:
This is actually my fave of Yui's non-Yuki songs.
And did she compose for Megumi Hayashibara as well?
OMG there's still so much to know about her. :XD:

and also there is Voldymort's FION there,....

Gabriella Robin :plot: :plot:

This I heard of.
Gabriela Robin sometimes even writes music and words in Yoko's place (see "Triangular") :XD:
and she herself is usually replaced by Origa at concerts.
Btw, Wikipedia states that Emily Bindiger also worked with Voldy-san. :ayashii:

I love Sousei no Aquarion.
I'm actually recording a portuguese version, adapted by yours truly, directed by my singing teacher! :shy:

also, Macross Plus and Frontier music, specially Sheryl's songs!! :dote:

but, did anyone check out the Macross F concert?? Voldemort is imitating Yuki, placing herself discretely in the middle of the stage, close to May'n and Megumi Nakajima and pulling off some solos. one actually finishes the concert.

mmm I have some of her works but I use to like it by the quality of her singers really.

Origa is great try hearing her solo discography. It a waste to use her great voice in those great speed songs as ghost in the shell . mm the moon version by origa is amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUitrD9CYg
Just see this live:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeF3qY6RIU
mm the Cd version has flute instead of violin

Illaria Graciano. I just know the vold ones but Peals is an amazing song her voice is almost magic here

:dote:

Re:

moichispa said:
Just see this live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeF3qY6RIU
mm the Cd version has flute instead of violin
i never liked this song, but Origa's performance is very good
I'm downloading the video of the concert

as for Kanno, I haven't listened to her much, but Wolfs' Rain OST is okay
I like "Tell me what the rains knows"

The horrible thing is, you MEANT it. And even if it was ever a joke, it wasn't funny at all.

Some might consider me insane, but the truth is I love them both. I don't think of anyone as goddess, however, for me they're both geniuses, and I can never decide who's the one I love better.

You defended that some YKanno fans are mean to you, and some guy and some poll on ANN said that Kanno is better than Kajiura. So you came up with the brilliant idea of calling Kanno names. Trust me, by doing that you weren't mean to Kanno fans at all :)

I know a person who hates Yuki. She even called Yuki-sensei something like Red Queen a.k.a. Bubble Brain (I told her how hard Yuki tried to learn music at her early age and that's what that person called her. And, just to emphasize my point, she was never a Yoko Kanno fan even.)

Now does that sound funny to you? Do you like the metaphor? (oh c'mon, at least the queen is cuter than that dark lord).

I don't know much about other Yuki Kajiura fans, but after reading all these posts I was kinda disappointed. I joined some Yoko Kanno communities, and yes, I admit, there were always some people hating Yuki Kajiura, but at least many of them have reasons, not just because Yoko Kanno is their goddess and thus Yuki is nothing. At least they don't call your goddess names. At least they don't launch spiteful words just because you called Yoko Kanno names.

There are millions of underground artists out there who is producing magnificent music but could never gain a large number of fans, but those who are their fans loved them because of the music that flows straight to their hearts.
And some of you here get bitter because some one is more popular than your goddess. Hence I can't keep wondering you like Yuki Kajiura because of her music, or it's just a popular trend to claim that you love a talented musician that create great music to prove that you have some taste.
And just because you desperately don't know what to do to prove that you are her real fan, you chose the best way, which is, calling her "rival" (who is clearly not) names. That was fair enough, I couldn't agree with you more on that.

Sometimes I just wonder why some malicious and vindictive people could end up liking wonderful music like Yuki-sensei's. Oh well, must've been magic.

Oh...wow...I never seen this thread before. I admit that Yoko Kanno is a good composer too, I like her songs. I just don't see why everyone is calling her Voldemort or however it's called.

I find this disrespectful to another composer, Yuki's doing her work and Yoko's doing her work. No comparison. Period.

Meh....

Why are you guys calling her Voldemort?

Anyway, I love Kanno-san's music as much as Kajiura-san's. I don't think you should compare..or call them "rivals" like someone said. It's for the fans and from their heart.. I don't even think most japanese composers..care.
That's such a childish way of thinking.. :uh..: Voldemort? really?

Right.
Luckily I'm a Kajiura fan. Otherwise, would you be laughing your head off if I called her Bubble Brain and told you it's a joke?

If you really are Kajiura fans; with this stupid joke (as you so kindly put it) you seemed to be enjoying (some of you here said it was funny, after all), you must be the meanest, most malevolent ones she'd be extremely ashamed of having.

It started with an article about how a fan of Yoko Kanno completely bashed Yuki Kajiura's Works by saying her works are dull etc etc (you mention it). So now, Yoko Kanno's name is like a blasphemy in Yuki's fandom.

Calling yoko Voldemort doesn't mean that CPMer hates her. in fact, they still like her.

This Voldemort thing sounds rather quirky, but to me it has never given off the slightest negative impression. The nickname mocks not Yoko-san, but rather all the unnecessary "holywars" and counterposition of her and Yuki Kajiura. It's because of them that all this joking atmosphere around Yoko Kanno's name arose, but nobody seems to have ever had a serious grudge against her. She is a really talented composer, and it's poitless to compare her with Yuki since they have a different approach to music. :tea:
Rest assured, Yoko Kanno fans, we CPMers are a lot fluffier than we sometimes sound :XD: :XD: :XD:

Re: Re:

Ayami said:
Jessica said:
It certainly doesn't look like it to me.

Agreed. You guys be "trollin'" with that word "Voldemort"
Word. *snap snap snap*

Maha Jyotisa said:
It started with an article about how a fan of Yoko Kanno completely bashed Yuki Kajiura's Works by saying her works are dull etc etc (you mention it).
I sincerely have never heard of or seen such an article. Where is it?

Nick Hunter said:
but nobody seems to have ever had a serious grudge against her.
*cough* Arcadio. *cough* Michelle. *cough*

Nick Hunter said:
Rest assured, Yoko Kanno fans, we CPMers are a lot fluffier than we sometimes sound.
ORLY?

Back