"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

Welp. As usual I forget to check things.

Here's the menu music from the 3rd BD/DVD tokuten disc on mega (complete clean 003). Main disc menu is still the same as before.
(Please don't quote, I'll be removing it shortly.)

Code:
file/tppCWT6R#9p01AO4cygtgSi1Cj338UmVr5d1XZVT_SGxaHcaBlg0
"cpm"

hmmm I went back to the samples. "now our story begins" synth brass is bothering me (and yes it is synth) and the strings at some point sounds super familiar that it's disturbing.
but otherwise it's good. I can listen to that waltz for hours xD

So I'm looking at the tokuten stuff (#1drama and #3dvd) and here's some thoughts.
(I don't really want to bother doing another shitty edit with a month away from the OST, lol. If it were significant stuff then sure but it's not really...)
010b
Missed one loop that I could remove in editing but it's close to the OST version (can remove the stripped "a" version.)

I'm leaning to think that the two sections are separate tracks, even though they were used together several times in the show and the percussion seems to (be the same or) flow naturally from one to another.

016 (would be around 2:33 total, so 10 seconds shorter than what I ended up with)
The short active middle section is the more acoustic one (as per seiyuu cooking show tokuten), while the untzuntz version appears to be a separate track (fingers crossed it's longer on OST than in the drama, which was around 40sec).

seems correct

I missed loops from the middle and ending section, so the OST version is probably almost 20s shorter.

slight differences from piecing it together but more or less the same

the first 70s seems correct, except my rip sometimes is missing drumming/untzuntz - it didn't play past that point in the cooking show, lol.

seems correct

Last edited:
op // 023, 015, 017 (possibly complete?) // 020, 036, 026, new?046 (the ducal family), 012, new?047 // ed

And they played both parts of 015 as one track again... They want me to keep flipflopping on it being one or two tracks, lol.

That last track surprised me. Not that it's necessarily a stand out OMAHGAD. It's very much just an ambiance BGM as of this episode but I really wasn't expecting a track like that.

Yes that last bgm seems to be filmscored since it included all the instruments sitting on the table lol. Kinda reminds of .hack/madlax.
if i have to pick which title from the tracklist that is, its probably disc 2 track 12 "the automatons" since that's what Noe called them.

Last edited:
I doubt it was filmscored (I mean, the harp could not be part of the BGM and the xyllophone/musicbox/whateveritlookslikeorsoundslike was just punched up in volume for the closeup) but who knows.

m002 (or one-of-the-SFX-that-I-had-or-not) // op // 033, 046 // new?048 (doesn't seem to be 011), 038, new?049, 037, 024, new?050(pv6) // ed

Meh.

I liked the music direction this episode, felt very reminiscent of the bee train days.

Assuming this is a full cour, I have no idea what they’re going to do with the rest of the episodes. There really aren’t many chapters left to adapt at the rate they’re going

Well, the sound direction was alright. It's just that after last week's automatons track, I thought that maybe we would be getting some different sounding stuff now. But no, basic harp and piano/cello tracks.
Guess that's how I felt about 1st cour's story progression though, lol. Everytime I thought something would start happening, nothing really did... (I'm not watching the 2nd cour. Just skipping for music.)

I liked the music direction this episode, felt very reminiscent of the bee train days.

Assuming this is a full cour, I have no idea what they’re going to do with the rest of the episodes. There really aren’t many chapters left to adapt at the
Probably some anime original stuff like fillers with character past ?

Hm so the organ music is the Alteration device title or the beast title of the tracklist ?

Last edited:
m001b // op // 002, new?051 (ngl this sounds oddly like a song), ?036, 001c (with parts they never played), 050 // 028, 026, 030, 050, 029, 050 // ed

Some neat stuff this episode.

Some nice new music. The string track near the beginning has potential, something about it seems different from the usual stringfes. I’m also liking the organ here

The organ track was pretty neat in that it was pretty active with the organ part and the ?musicbox felt like another track playing over the organ, never really matching.

The strings track was neat in that it had some pizzicato for its 2nd verse but it still got kinda monotone with the motif being repeated over and over again. Wonder how it would sound with single instruments. Anyhow, it is what it is. I guess it's going to be the tale of a beast?

I hope @wat11 is happy with the new parts of 001c. ^_^

I don't know about the RIP folder but m001b is a choir part+ accordion transition (0:49 in the episode) + the strings part from the first PV?

Music Box + Organ? 🐙
Good but imo the melody isn't as memorable as something like "melody" from PH, sounds too much like a background piece (yea, bgm lol) than a key piece. Kajiurago + Organ when?

I don't know about the RIP folder but m001b is a choir part+ accordion transition (0:49 in the episode) + the strings part from the first PV?
Don't know which rip you have but yes. It's 3 minutes long (as per seiyuu 2nd cour announcement video).
Starts with sum sfx and accordion solo (which I still don't think they used in the show as of now), then strings+choir finale and then the track restarts with accordion like in this episode (though they cut out one short repeat part of the solo) for the choirless ending. Each part being about 1min long.
Kajiura seems to like stopping and restarting tracks lately.

The new accordion intro to 001c in this episode makes me wonder about the accordion that I have in my last 001c rip at the start... hurrr... will that one also restart? lulz. We'll find out soon. ^_^

Good but imo the melody isn't as memorable as something like "melody" from PH, sounds too much like a background piece (yea, bgm lol) than a key piece. Kajiurago + Organ when?
I'm kinda surprised we got Hanae on pretty much only action tracks (as of now).

Last edited:
Woo, I’m late to this lol but pleasantly surprised. Such twisted tracks are not so common with Kajiura, I mean those switching styles (here from more epic with choirs, to fun with accordion - assuming we’re talking about the same thing).

Back