[Translation] Kalafina Record - Wakana Solo Interview

Kaori was going to university while being involved in her musical projects :ayashii:

It's not uncommon in Japan to drop out of school in favor of working as entertainer since most of regular school doesn't allow their student to work in entertainment industry. Either they continue their study at correspondence school like Wakana or go to school that has special rules for the students working as entertainer.

I don't condemn Wakana for not going to an university. She pursued her dream in the way she found the best. Maybe she doesn't feel like she could study music at an university.

I think that applies to the entertainment industry in general. A good number drop out of uni, or don't attend at all.

IIRC Wakana expressed interest in something like aromatherapy in another interview? She could look into that.

Yup, I agree with winters. A good numbers of artists/entertainers picked the same way as Wakana. If she saved the money that she earned from any project she's been involved with, I think even she doesn't have career chance anymore in music, she can starts her own business. A lot of artists here do that. Maybe Wakana can make her aromatherapy business or make a restaurant, and Keiko can make her own clothing brand (looking at her interest in fashion).

If you're creative enough, education is not that all important.

Re:

aero.senpai said:
I don't condemn Wakana for not going to an university. She pursued her dream in the way she found the best. Maybe she doesn't feel like she could study music at an university.

I sort of got that sense, too, when reading the article. I think it stems from the fact that learning ABOUT music doesn't necessarily make a person any more creative; in fact, from personal experience, I've noticed that a person develops a signature style faster if he/she has had no training than if they had formal training (of course, this is often at the expense of technical prowess... but that can be picked up on the fly at any time and I got the sense that she had good enough foundation to make it work on her own).

I don't know how university works in Japan but if it's anything like the US, then she probably saved a bundle in tuition costs...

I don't condemn Wakana at all, and going to Uni is a choice, just like Kaori and Maya did. I sometimes think, Wakana can't study and do her work at the same time. Despite the circumstances, she could still manage if she wants to, you can just take a number of units at a time. She can't sing forever, all the things in this world never last.

^Yes, she could handle it if she wanted to, but maybe she just doesn't want to. Then, she can do some other thing if she is saving some money, like ritardando said. And one can sing time enough to make his/her life out of it. How many singers/artists beyond 50/60 don't I know? But as for her singing particularly, maybe it won't really last if she keeps straining like that ><

^Exactly.If she really doesn't want to, then she can do business someday.
I'm just too concerned about her future am I? :rain:

^Guess that's normal :XD: Well, I suggest that Wakana could have a talk show to babble talk about sharks and dinossaurs various things with guests and the audience :psst: :XD:

^She can make her own museum, about dinosaurs and pre-historic stuffs of course. :XD:
Though if she went to Uni, I would've suggest that she should take Marine Biology (sharks anyone?) or Archaeology.

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Kaori was going to university while being involved in her musical projects :ayashii:

that's why kaori is a good role model for finishing her studies while pursuing her dreams

^She can make her own museum, about dinosaurs and pre-historic stuffs of course.:XD:
Though if she went to Uni, I would've suggest that she should take Marine Biology (sharks anyone?) or Archaeology.
ahahah of course ^^ It would be great to work with her :dote:

Wakana need to think about her future. Kalafina doesn't stay young forever. :omg: Collecting money while she's in the entertainment industry can help her start a business in the future if she stopped singing. I say IF. About education stuff, some successful people who dropped out of school to start a business became successful. If I recall correctly, Bill Gates doesn't finish his studies in university, right? :confu: And he's successful. Sometimes it depends on your luck, method and relations.

i my opinion why maya is gone to kalafina because of study thing like this

It's a dark dark secret, why Maya really left the group. :tea:

^ maybe maya's contract with sony doesnt allowed them to mention maya's name again :confu:

:uh..:

It's sad how they act as if Maya never existed in the first place... :cry:

Back