The ridiculously random postings thread!

duel correspondences are so entertaining. it's just so interesting to watch them go from "oh yeah you may have done this injustice to me but we should clear it up first" to "In so representing me, I pronounce you guilty of falsehood. In representing me, after September 1854 (when, and subsequently, you were informed and admonished as to its real author) you were guilty of a base, wicked, and malicious falsehood; such as, as should expose you, to the scorn and contempt of every honorable man”. the last few letters were the best, man. so many insults flung around

A few days ago I randomly saw a commercial for iPhone 6s on TV.
I was pretty surprised when I saw a few glimpses of Perfume in it.
They are only in it for a few seconds taking selfies...don't believe me just watch:
iPhone 6s - The Only Thing That’s Changed Is…that Perfume is in your commercial...i guess...:confu:...that's the only "change" I noticed anyway.:psst:

A few days ago I was in Düsseldorf, which contains the largest Japanese neighborhood in Europe. So I walked into the Japanese bookstore just to browse things... and suddenly I found myself buying two books for N1... :ghost:

I won't give in to my fears, I'll try N1 as soon as I'm done with those, people please help me! :touched:

cc @nimsaj , did you try N1 yet? any tips?

I need to sign up to audit a class at this college near me. I am afraid though because I heard it is very hard. My brother's fiance took two semesters I think and she has problems with spelling English too. I took 4 semesters of French in high school and remember absolutely nothing. But I would obviously be more passionate about Japanese, since I love the culture and language. I want to be able to understand Kala and other artists' songs without reading the lyrics.

@yuki.n omg good luck! i know you can do it :) i haven't taken N1 yet, but i plan to~ i heard it's ridiculously difficult...so i'm a bit hesitant to take it lol

Merry Christmas to everyone who is celebrating it ★

@Kugayama thanks! :bow:

@nimsaj thanks! you too! :bow: I took a look at the reading comprehension, it's really not difficult, it mostly comes down to reading speed I guess. Vocabulary, on the other hand... :vortex:

why does my class on digital history have Elements of Style listed as one of the textbooks

why does my class on digital history have Elements of Style listed as one of the textbooks

Hehe, between Elements of Style, Modern English Usage and The Complete Plain Words one can find some good guidance on writing for communication.

But I would obviously be more passionate about Japanese, since I love the culture and language. I want to be able to understand Kala and other artists' songs without reading the lyrics.
Same Liana, I'd really want to start Japanese classes this year even if I start part way through the year. I just need to convince my dad I'm responsible enough to handle two languages, guitar and the other 9 subjects I have. I know I can, my Italian wouldn't suffer and I know that if I'm organised enough I can totally plan out a homework schedule or something, especially since the classes I've been looking at are only once a week. I just need to actually man up and ask him:uh..: we haven't been on the best of terms this year for some reason.

I guess I'm in the same predicament, Lacrimosa. Though my French class is fine, and my teacher is actually pretty cool, I just get very bored in there. Unfortunately, neither my current school or the high school I'll be going to next school year offer Japanese as a class.

I feel you about your dad. My dad and I haven't been on the best terms for the past several months either... My advice would be to think to yourself, "What's the hurt in asking?" Also, just make sure he's in a good mood and he has time to talk when you ask him. If you wait for an opportunity like that to arise, he'll be more inclined to allow you to do that, or at least discuss it. Especially if he already knows you listen to Kalafina/YK. Hopefully it works out.

Though my French class is fine, and my teacher is actually pretty cool, I just get very bored in there.
God I know what you mean. If my family didn't migrate from Italy and I didn't have any family history/language barriers I would've taken a whole other language (unfortunately my school doesn't offer Japanese either.)
Italian is a lovely language but honestly apart from grammar nothing we learn is interesting. We don't learn anything about Italy at all other than the scale and breakfast preferences. We learnt about La Befanna once but that's because my teacher was on long service leave.
Not to mention my textbooks have been known to use the somewhat offensive "Italians think they're better than every other country" stereotype which is just generally off-putting. The class just isn't all that interesting especially with a class that constantly holds you back by completely ignoring the teacher and not caring enough to even try to learn, I can't tell you how many times we've gone over conjugation.
Usually in group projects I have to do half if not all the work since my accent is better than most (having constantly heard it) It tricks people into thinking I'm fluent even though I've continually told them I'm not.

Oh my goodness French class was the best actually! Well, I had four semesters of it and that was a bit much. But I loved Ma Souer (spelling? that's what she called herself, she was an actual sister) and she passed away recently, which was sad. But she used to constantly yell at this kid Stillion (which if you have a name like that... //hit I kid you not) and then once she chased him around the room saying she would put him in the slammer, or prison which is "houskau?" I think? correct me if I am wrong) and she actually told him to go in the closet one time and stay there the rest of the class. lol But we could bring in songs that we would find or videos and we would watch these weird French music videos and of course Le Petite Prince (I have books that my sister and brother in law brought back from France). Ahh High School. But I would hope to be able to learn Japanese. I just get so anxious about tests.

^The spelling is "Ma Sœur" (Soeur is acceptable as well). I'm not sure about Prison, though. We haven't gotten to that unit, if it's still taught in the first place. According to the teacher I had last year and the year before, we're going to read Le Petit Prince at some point near the end of the school year, but my current teacher hasn't said anything about it.

^The spelling is "Ma Sœur" (Soeur is acceptable as well). I'm not sure about Prison, though. We haven't gotten to that unit, if it's still taught in the first place. According to the teacher I had last year and the year before, we're going to read Le Petit Prince at some point near the end of the school year, but my current teacher hasn't said anything about it.
If French is anything like Italian it might pop up. We did a unit talking about motorcycle laws (on a basic scale at least) along with other things. The main character in a story had a dream where he was thrown in jail for driving one at 15. It was kind of a weird way to even mention the word prison, especially when it's so close to English anyway (la prigone)

Oh, thanks for the correction. And she called it the hooskow, so I was close. I think it was a different name for prison like the slammer or something. heh She was a hoot.

I just suddenly imagined Keiko's niece watching a PV of Kalafina's with her (probably to the beginning or something) and going "Oba-san kakkoi" and Keiko smiling and laughing with her eyes lighting up and my heart just broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just suddenly imagined Keiko's niece watching a PV of Kalafina's with her (probably to the beginning or something) and going "Oba-san kakkoi" and Keiko smiling and laughing with her eyes lighting up and my heart just broke.
YOU JUST BROKE MY HEART OH MY GOD

Back