The CURRENT Anime OP/ED/insert Songs Thread

Really liking the OP and ED for both Little Witch Academia and Granblue Fantasy this season actually. Good quality animation and music combined effectively together.

Granblue Fantasy opening is typical Bump of Chicken song that imo is not one of their best, it's far behind their songs for Sangatsu no Lion and the magnificent Kekkai Sensen ed. Quite disappointing.
the ending song's singer is aimer02 blergh (I don't like aimer's voice and anything resembles her voice at all, sorry) and the song so far doesn't go anywhere.

Little Witch Academia op and ed are cute but that's it.

I REALLY like Kuzu no Honkai's OP. One of the best current anime OP's I've heard in a while, but I've always liked 96neko lol.
It's ED is sung by Sayuri, oddly enough, but I find her voice realllly annoyingly high pitched and hard to listen to in this song. She sounded much better in Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no Youna.

^
her voice does get annoying in "heikousen de MAJIWARUUUU" in the beginning :XD: but I really like the latter part where the tempo picks up but I don't think her voice to be annoyingly high, but maybe that's because I'm used to listening to her voice.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu op. Man, this is the first anime I watch this year and I marathoned both seasons. The soundtrack is WONDERFUL and the opening songs are just pure love love love. How can I not know about Usurai Shinjuu.

Full Mahoutsukai no Yome OP, Here <3
Can't say I particularly care for the other songs on the single though, more in line with JUNNA's previous songs I guess.

That insert track in Magus' Bride 5 got me good. Too bad the story was drawn out over two episodes though, it really dragged for me.

This season is pretty strong
- "Ballroom e Youkoso" OP 2. OP 1 wasn't great but I love this song. This series is kinda turning out weird but the animation for this OP in the chorus is really great - expressing the character's struggling to become dance partners.
- I also adore JUNNA's 'here' for Ancient Magus's Bride. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
- The OP for Inuyashiki is HYPE. I've heard a lot about MAN WITH A MISSION or whatever they're called so I'm planning to go and check then out.
- The 3rd opening for Sangatsu no Lion is damn pretty. The animation is as amazing as ever. I would like the ED more if I liked the song as much as the animation.
- The OP and ED for 'Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou' are both unironically really great as well

And then Mahoutsukai threw in a KOKIA insert song too, lol. This OST release is going to be something else.

And then Mahoutsukai threw in a KOKIA insert song too, lol. This OST release is going to be something else.

Wowwww will watch and check that show. I've listened to the tv version of both Mahoutsukai no Yome op and ed. Both of them are really good.

Looking at my previous post i really want to hear more songs in the style of usurai shinjuu. The song was composed by a renown jazz musician who is adored by many other international musicians and i really really love that song.

I thought you were watching Mahoutsukai already? (Re: Future anime thread.)
I had that show in mind as magus bride and i only watched the 1st and 2nd episode. After that i haven't downloaded and watched that show again because kpop has taken control of my life and i've forgotten which shows i've watched lol. T thought i haven't watched it. Ugh i need to catch up because that show is good from the 1st and 2nd episode. Sorry for me brainfarted.

I had that show in mind as magus bride and i only watched the 1st and 2nd episode. After that i haven't downloaded and watched that show again because kpop has taken control of my life
ww, you didn't even get to the first insert song then. (There's been 3 so far.)

This week the song in Houseki no Kuni got me, lol.

The one in Mahoutsukai wasn't that good. Sidebar: I just learnt Mahoutsukai is continuing through Winter and I'm not looking forward to the announced new OP/ED (May'n/AKINO with one of her brothers).

Necrobump:
Haven't watched any animes this year (with finally getting a job and being a responsible adult lmao) but I just checked the openings and endings for this season's animes. Imo nothing sounds good, the only thing i find decent is Banana Fish ed but idk i am not digging the verses.

I’ve only heard a few, but my favorite OP/ED from 2018 is Koko Kara, Koko Kara from Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, which I also thought was a good show.

Dororo OP and ED have a really distinct ancient/feudal Japanese taste to their melody even though both songs' arrangement are far from that. Hyakka Ryouran what

Back