The CURRENT Anime OP/ED/insert Songs Thread

Will check them both later. Haven't got the time to check the new animes this season.

I'm pretty sure Parasyte deserves some kind of award for having both the OP and ED be completely off-tone to the show itself, in different ways.

Pretty good show though.

The OP is vocoder and screamo galore. ;p I actually skipped it after a minute... Despite trying to watch all the first episodes in full...

I haven't still managed to listen to all OPs and EDs from this season but among what I've listened this far there is some nice piece of music.

New SAO's music is pretty decent though I expected something better. I mean, LiSA. Yes, LiSA. :punched:
-OP, Courage by Haruka Tomatsu. Nice song but the refrain doesn't work for me.
-ED, No More Time Machine by LiSA. I'm stil not sure what to think about this. I find it enjoyable and disappointing at the same time. *bipolar disorder is da way*
-ED, Shirushi by LiSA. LOVE THIS. As it was her first single ballad ever I was kind of worried but I'm really liking this. LiSA's voice is pleasant and expressive as usual *gets fired*. Another wonderful ballad to add to her career.

Here some recommends:
-Cardfight Vanguard G OP, Break It by Mamoru Miyano. I like his voice a lot and the song is pretty good.
-Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen OP, ZoNE-iT by KOTOKO. After Though Intention we get another nice anirock track, but I think the arrangement isn't loud enough.
-selector spread WIXOSS OP, world's end, girl's rondo by Kanon Wakeshima. What a way to keep on what began with Killy Killy Joker! Unique style, interesting voice and great arrangement.
-Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo ED, Rinrei by Eri Kitamura. Love the melody, so catchy and fresh. The full version has also a lovely change in style.
-Amagi Brilliant Park OP, Extra Magic Hour by AKINO with bless4. Her range is incredible, this song completely suits her. An explosion of happiness and energy.

I won't add ideal white since it seems like I'm the only one that likes it xD

OOOHH yes, I love the Amaburi OP as well (also the anime, surprisingly hilarious :XD: ) It's so feel-good and suits AKINO's voice so well. And yeah, she is kind of amazing :plz:

Kay, I'm pretty sure I listened to just about everything now.

Kaitou Miracle Shounen Boy (Kaitou Joker OP) is the best CD single (yes, whole CD) of the season to me. Pure fun.
CHIASTOLITE (GARO ED) full ver is great, too. Much better than actual Yousei Teikoku's stuff lately, sadly.

Then there's Hoshikuzu no Interlude (Sora no Method ED) full ver... I didn't hate it but it was too long, had a guy singing out of nowhere, and a Kajiura style string bridge... Eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
*bumped*

So what do you guys think about this season's anime songs? I haven't watched a lot of shows but Ansatsu Kyoushitsu ED is my favorite so far. I always liked moumoon's works and this is another nice song.

Eir's 'Genesis' is unoriginal imo. The verses is enjoyable but it's totally the same with 'My Will', Inuyasha ED01. The chorus is Eir's shouting, as usual. Aldnoah OP is not memorable (I don't even remember it at all lol).

Shikata's 'Akatsuki' is disappointing :(

I also quite like Binan Koukou ED. The OP is catchy but annoying, but the ED is nice.

Recommendation plz

border by ClariS was good.. though its only from the OVA "Tsukimonogatari".

TBH the only songs I remember not disappointing/sucking from this season are Fafner's but even those are nothing out of the ordinary for angela.

A lot of people seem to like Death Parade OP but I think the Maroon 5 refrain sux. I liked Ange OP2 in the show but the full version is ridiculously weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite this far is Miiro by Akino from bless4. (KanColle OP) :tea: Imo Akino is one of the best artists out there in the Anison market. Dat voice plus the song is really catchy and has a nice tune. Nice lyrics too.

I also like Exist by Angela, &Z by Sawano and Mizuki (I love the eng. ver., the jap. ver. is terrible) and Absolute Soul by Konomi Suzuki since I love her voice too much. Aoi Eir's ED is boring as hell.

Ooh I'll check akino's stuffs later then.

ClariS's border is extremely disappointing. Bland as sh*t. Me no like.

angela's songs are catchy but Atsuko's singing technique rubs me the wrong way...

@ritardando i loved moumoon's works, too!:goodjob:

what i hate the most was Tokyo Ghoul √A OP - "Munou" by österreich ..its really boring xDD unlike its ending theme which quite fit to be its OP xDD :blood:
-&Z by Sawanohiroyuki[nzk]:mizuki sounds like an insert song to me but I like it (or maybe just because Bre@thless was better)
-Genesis by Aoi-chan was quite similar to her other songs which sounds boring to me.
- Kimiiro no Signal was Haruna Luna's first anime OP song ever.. but its a little bit calm. xD

here's what I liked most this winter 2015 season.
-Absolute Duo OP - "Absolute Soul" by Konomi Suzuki
-Magic Kaito 1412 OP 2 - "Ai no Scenario" by Chico with HoneyWorks
-Kantai Collection: KanColle OP - "Miiro" by AKINO from bless4
- Yoru no Yatterman OP - "Kyokugen Dreamer" by SCREEN mode
-Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo ED2 - "Shuumatsu no Love Song" by Mizuki Nana
-Tokyo Ghoul √A ED - Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku by Amazarashi
- Death Parade ED - "Last Theater" by NoisyCell

My favourite this far is Miiro by Akino from bless4. (KanColle OP) :tea: Imo Akino is one of the best artists out there in the Anison market. Dat voice plus the song is really catchy and has a nice tune. Nice lyrics too.

Agreed!! Her voice is very unforced/natural-sounding with a bit of an American/western singing style to me (probably because she grew up in the US, iirc. (side note, Gekkou Symphonia is one of my favs from her, though I think she sings it with one of her brothers from bless4. Also I think it's a Yoko Kanno song)

I don't like the songs in the anime ver. and the full versions are indeed even worse for me.

Ghoul OP is indeed bad, ED is okay while not great. Why can't they ask TK to write and perform another song for the show. I quite like his stuff, both solo and with Ling Tosite Sigure.

Only things I'm really watching this season are iM@S Cinderella Girls which comes with your usual iM@S music and Yuri Kuma Arashi.

I really like the Yuri Kuma Arashi opening. It's not quite as good as Etsuko Yakushimaru's work on Mawaru Penguindrum, but it has a similar kind of feel to me. I think it's the use of whispery vocals, which is something I really enjoy and wish more songs would use.

Oh and still watching Parasyte. That opening is hilarious and I love it because of how utterly ridiculous it is. The TV size version doesn't even come close to how ridiculous the full version is. Not even close.

My favourites for this season are:

-Grisaia no Rakuen OP, Setsuna no Kajitsu by Maon Kurosaki. Not the best anisong she has ever sung but still nice. It's Maon afterall.
-Gunslinger Stratos ED, Mirai by GARNiDELiA. They have become one of the best anison artist. I love Maria's voice and toku has a lot of talent.
-Vampire Holmes OP, Everlasting Love by Nami Tamaki. Catchy song, I missed Nami's voice (I'm not a fan of Vivid Telepathy)
-F/S Night UBW OP, Brave Shine by Aimer. Damn her voice. Great song.
-Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo OP, Kuchizuke Diamond by WEAVER. Never heard anything from them. I'll start to follow them.
-Nisekoi OP, Rally-go-round by LiSA. You already know I'm a LiSA die-hard fan.

A nice season but a couple of great names disappointed me. Those are ChouCho, Nana Mizuki, Kanon Wakeshima, Ayano Mashiro, Imai Asami, fripSide, AAA and Sawano.

I'm really looking forward to next season. A lot of artists I quite like.

Back