Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Oh gawd....

Remi and Aoi Eir...I'm sorry both of you so sooo pretty but much hit or miss imo(Instead of feeling "OMG here comes the best part!! - I'm more feeling of please don't flub" :ghost: Remi's voice cracked at her solo in She had to overcome...

ASCA - The Keikofication of her lmao. Pretty decent tho her moving has strengths and weaknesses(Keiko?)

REONA - She's one of the SACRA girls that I could trust probably that would give a good performance :) I think her only problem in this live is that long ending note? But other than that I won't mind replaying her part compared to other songs performed.

LiSA and Yuna: SAO is not SAO without LiSA ofc but sadly never liked crossing field but is iconic in this franchise so it would be disappointing not to include this one - I think I also mentioned this one on SAO Orchestra bfore. RIP Yuna but I think Ubiquitous more impressionable than longing in her theme. But that's just me..

Utahime and the Setlist:
Nothing to comment except they should add The First Town :ayashii: or they can replaced moon and shadow.

Sokyu no Fanfare: 8/10. Would rate 8.5 if the fanfare part of Aoi Eir is not too loud(nice to listen if it harmonized tho) but I won't hold it against her(Or everyone from the main vocals) since she prob new to this kind of arrangement. Gave it +1 cause the last part is soo good(better than the studio for me haha).

HONORABLE MENTION TO HARUNA LUNA. What can I say? Queen slay like if this is funeral she would wear bright lolita dress like this cause she knows she deserved the attention and probably revive the dead one cause her voice is so consistent like Kajiura's strings in every franchise. Glad you left Spacecraft queen!!

nani?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwhGSYeIJBs
>完全新作オリジナル劇場版制作始動
"Completely new original movie version production start"

I assume this "version" is just google translate poo and it just means a new original movie, rather than a reboot or something?

Edit: Ah yes, the "movie version" is from gekijouban which yea... should basically be just "movie". So since they didn't specify it to be the next Progressive I'm guessing they are just keeping the ball rolling with a new anime original story in mainline SAO while they for Unital Ring to be over in light novels.

Oh gawd....

Remi and Aoi Eir...I'm sorry both of you so sooo pretty but much hit or miss imo(Instead of feeling "OMG here comes the best part!! - I'm more feeling of please don't flub" :ghost: Remi's voice cracked at her solo in She had to overcome...

ASCA - The Keikofication of her lmao. Pretty decent tho her moving has strengths and weaknesses(Keiko?)

REONA - She's one of the SACRA girls that I could trust probably that would give a good performance :) I think her only problem in this live is that long ending note? But other than that I won't mind replaying her part compared to other songs performed.

LiSA and Yuna: SAO is not SAO without LiSA ofc but sadly never liked crossing field but is iconic in this franchise so it would be disappointing not to include this one - I think I also mentioned this one on SAO Orchestra bfore. RIP Yuna but I think Ubiquitous more impressionable than longing in her theme. But that's just me..

Utahime and the Setlist:
Nothing to comment except they should add The First Town :ayashii: or they can replaced moon and shadow.

Sokyu no Fanfare: 8/10. Would rate 8.5 if the fanfare part of Aoi Eir is not too loud(nice to listen if it harmonized tho) but I won't hold it against her(Or everyone from the main vocals) since she prob new to this kind of arrangement. Gave it +1 cause the last part is soo good(better than the studio for me haha).

HONORABLE MENTION TO HARUNA LUNA. What can I say? Queen slay like if this is funeral she would wear bright lolita dress like this cause she knows she deserved the attention and probably revive the dead one cause her voice is so consistent like Kajiura's strings in every franchise. Glad you left Spacecraft queen!!
So Haruna was better than LiSA Asca Remi Reona and Aoi Eir ? 😮

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106_173227_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106_173227_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 115
lol. meme-worthy.

Yea, I flip-flopped on what I thought about her performance after relistening. Other than that part at 3h55m05 she didn't do a bad job at all.
Same. I was kinda unsure about ReoNa because I'm too lazy to give it a relisten since I got the impression that the song was more Eir and ASCA heavy and both Eir and ASCA were awful lmao. Eir was mostly flat or completely off and from what I remember ASCA was hitting one note right and then fucked up the next one almost alternatingly and consistently lmao. ReoNa messed up once but it wasn't that bad. Gotta give the props to Haruna Luna though, but she IS a longtime Kajiura fan so I guess she's more adept at singing Kajiura's melody.

So Haruna was better than LiSA Asca Remi Reona and Aoi Eir ? 😮
In this SAO concert I like Haruna for her consistency :) Never mentioned about who was better or worse. It's more of if I like the song overall or not(vocals inst. etc. etc.). Is my review too negative? :confu:

Edit: Cute :shy:
https://twitter.com/KeikoStaff/status/1589231091847921665

And thanks to this photo and sao retweeting, Keiko was kinda noticed by some fans! Go get your clout girl!

Last edited:
I finally watched the video until the end. Too tired last night.

Luna Haruna sing better than the 3 😮... But i think the song begin to grow on me. I'm putting it into my daily playlist.

I have no complaint about LiSA. Crossing field ia not my favorite SAO song but this song probably as legendary as Gurenge for KNY.

Is AR a thing now in Japan's concert? I never see it before 😳. Now anime can come to life :plot:

I never seen it before either. It was pretty cool. Especially her floating around the room. The concert was all right. Very underwhelming. While I like all the songs that were played, there are more that they could do. I did enjoy the "newer" song. (At least new in a sense of not been done before) I did like that the other singers used Kajiura's band members too.

Can someone still send me fuscus? I still don't have it and I can't find it anywhere.

Oof, REMI is off her game this live. I've watched her live before, must be either the IEM or not having a good day, she sounds very flat most of the time. Shame about the voice crack during her solo too.

I don't what that song is after Luminous Sword but that was EPIC.

ASCA's solo song sounds like a ripoff of Connect from Madoka. I love that she can sound like Keiko, if not for this live, I thought it was Keiko singing her low parts in Sokyu no Fanfare. She does flip flop between being in tune and being flat.
ReoNa sounds pretty good. She'll always be budget Aimer to me, though, since she so obviously copied her style.
Aoi Eir is just a terrible singer.
Haruna Luna is so much better than everyone else, I don't know everyone else is so flat when Haruna is in-kay basically 99% of the time. Her performance in that song after overfly is SO GOOD. If you haven't, you HAVE to watch her cover of "only my railgun", she's basically pitch-perfect there while Gardinelia is very flat.
God, LiSA's pitch still hasn't improved. Just as off-key as 10 years ago.

Haruna's cover of only my railgun, it's just so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yffeZRHgQ

Just check Sokyuu no Fanfare for the new singers…lol. The song is…um… I feel like Kajiura gave TOO HARD assignment for these girls to work together. And I’m quite sure that it’d be better if only one of them sing it as the main vocalist, with one or two support vocalists for the chorus. Their voices just don’t go well together.

My opinion for the full song is still the same as when I listened to the preview: there are some good melody here and there, but there are just too much things put together in one song, that it sounds so messy for me.

I agree that Luna Haruna is the best here. I attended her live once and she is quite consistent. Most of her live performances for non-Kajiura song are better than the recordings. (While her voice in Sora wa is more close to her live singing. The same thing goes for some other occasional Kajiura’s singers like Tanaka Rie or Makino Yui. Probably it’s how Kajiura wants her songs sound like, while the other producers may want something different.)

I can’t see how Reona is like Aimer…@~@. Their voices, their singing styles, their facial expression, their movements on the stage….nothing seems similar for me. She is neither good nor bad and not memorable as well. I don’t like that her voice sounds so airy compared to the others. Probably it’s just not my cup of tea, considering that some people admire this singing style.

Asca is….um….voice alone, I’d thought that it’s Keiko as well…lol. But it isn’t new that low-key female voices usually sound so similar. (Remember that in the past, we’re sometimes confused with low-key chorus in Kajiurago songs, wondered whether it’s Keiko, Yuriko or the main singer sang it by herself…lol.) She’s good when it’s good and is bad when it’s bad…. Like Keiko with much less consistency ;w;.

I’ve attended Eir’s lives probably once or twice. But it’s before her hiatus due to her health issue. She was a powerful live singer back then, and this live is so bad that I wouldn’t have been able to recognize her if I’d heard only the sound. Well… this is her first live perf that I watched in 6-7 years though. She might have been changed.

Just check Sokyuu no Fanfare for the new singers…lol. The song is…um… I feel like Kajiura gave TOO HARD assignment for these girls to work together. And I’m quite sure that it’d be better if only one of them sing it as the main vocalist, with one or two support vocalists for the chorus. Their voices just don’t go well together.

My opinion for the full song is still the same as when I listened to the preview: there are some good melody here and there, but there are just too much things put together in one song, that it sounds so messy for me.

I agree that Luna Haruna is the best here. I attended her live once and she is quite consistent. Most of her live performances for non-Kajiura song are better than the recordings. (While her voice in Sora wa is more close to her live singing. The same thing goes for some other occasional Kajiura’s singers like Tanaka Rie or Makino Yui. Probably it’s how Kajiura wants her songs sound like, while the other producers may want something different.)

I can’t see how Reona is like Aimer…@~@. Their voices, their singing styles, their facial expression, their movements on the stage….nothing seems similar for me. She is neither good nor bad and not memorable as well. I don’t like that her voice sounds so airy compared to the others. Probably it’s just not my cup of tea, considering that some people admire this singing style.

Asca is….um….voice alone, I’d thought that it’s Keiko as well…lol. But it isn’t new that low-key female voices usually sound so similar. (Remember that in the past, we’re sometimes confused with low-key chorus in Kajiurago songs, wondered whether it’s Keiko, Yuriko or the main singer sang it by herself…lol.) She’s good when it’s good and is bad when it’s bad…. Like Keiko with much less consistency ;w;.

I’ve attended Eir’s lives probably once or twice. But it’s before her hiatus due to her health issue. She was a powerful live singer back then, and this live is so bad that I wouldn’t have been able to recognize her if I’d heard only the sound. Well… this is her first live perf that I watched in 6-7 years though. She might have been changed.
That's a pity regarding Eir Aoi... probably due to her health 🤔
Edit: is there a Youtube like website where i can upload copyright video? I want to upload Kajiura part only

Back