SEE-SAW "Sarigiwa no romantikusu" ED theme song for 'Mobile Suit Gundam SEED FREEDOM" released on January 26, 2024

Cool to finally get the unreleased remaster version of Hono no Tobira.
Didn't know about this. Any episode where it was played?

Ah, I found it on the PHASE 40. Buuuut... what I didn't found is the remix, lol
The retracks versión of Akatsuki no Kuruma was more novel.
I guess that's why they release a single for AnK and not for HnT.

1707475500526.png

Last edited:
I guess that's why they release a single for AnK and not for HnT.
Considering there's also the Shinkai no Kodoku remix, maybe the previous single (tears/Kimi wa.../Life Goes On ReMix) didn't sell as well as they had hoped. XD

Hmm…I should talk about this first before start quoting…lol. The movie has been screened in Thailand for about one week now, and among all new songs, Sarigiwa no Romantics probably the most loved in the fan communities. It’s true that T.M. revolution songs in the original series are quite popular, but many fans like the type of upbeat OP songs like Invoke or Ignite from him, and they feel that Freedom is not their cup of tea…lol. Almost no one care about Nakashima Mika insert song though…

Oh, double checking I think Shinkai no Kodoku remix also remained unreleased until this.
It’s no.9 on disc 11, isn’t it? Or it has both retrack&remix?

Not surprised if the first Re-track single for Destiny didn’t sell good…. that series is suck…, and the remaster didn’t make it better in terms of the story… Even worse in some aspect… Sorry…It’s just a fangirl ranting on the bad sequel of her favourite anime from almost two decades ago.

I bought the first 2 re-track singles but I really want the other re-tracks, especially Shinkai no Kodoku…. 15000 yen is a bit too high…. Consider the portion of songs that I really want.

Her name doesnt matter as it doesnt reflect on the plot in some way.
Hmm…I think the names of the main female leads aren’t much related to the plot, but more on their characters and for the sake of symbolism. It’s Lacus the lake vs Cagalli the bonfire (kagaribi) in SEED, and also Lunamaria the moon and Stellar the star in Destiny. Lacus is portrayed as a calm character like a water body and we also have Mizu no Akashi as one of her song.

Ok.. now it’s quite unrelated. On the other hand, Kira the killer and Shinn the sin are more related to the plot. Athrun’s name is the only one I can’t confirm the info… English sources said that it comes from morning in some languages. An interview from the director (translated to English, the same source as the origin of Kira, Lacus, Cagalli and Shinn names) said that it’s from the Japanese word Yoake (dawn, quite a synonym of Akatsuki). But I can’t find any Japanese words that is related to ‘morning’ and sounds similar to his name. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with plot/character/symbolism. So I quite doubt that it’s true… probably just a lost in translation.

Last edited:
I just realized I mixed up retracks and remix in my post with Shinkai no Kodoku. F me. Checked how that sounds in the Remaster, seems it's just an edit with strings and piano, no guitars or drums.

The price is definitely a lot, particularly if you already own most of it, but if you don't... it's like half of what you'd pay for the 8 main soundtracks separately? That's enticing. If only I weren't short on money...

Last edited:
Hmm…I think the names of the main female leads aren’t much related to the plot, but more on their characters and for the sake of symbolism. It’s Lacus the lake vs Cagalli the bonfire (kagaribi) in SEED, and also Lunamaria the moon and Stellar the star in Destiny. Lacus is portrayed as a calm character like a water body and we also have Mizu no Akashi as one of her song.

Ok.. now it’s quite unrelated. On the other hand, Kira the killer and Shinn the sin are more related to the plot. Athrun’s name is the only one I can’t confirmed the info… English sources said that it comes from morning in some languages. An interview from the director (translated to English, the same source as the origin of Kira, Lacus, Cagalli and Shinn names) said that it’s from the Japanese word Yoake (dawn, quite a synonym of Akatsuki). But I can’t find any Japanese words that is related to ‘morning’ and sounds similar to his name. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with plot/character/symbolism. So I quite doubt that it’s true… probably just a lost in translation.
Oh yea that makes more sense now thanks! I watched it for the first time few days ago both Seed and Destiny and Destiny was definitely a let-down compared to Seed
many important characters didnt do much or were straight up annoying (like Cagali and Shinn) and nobody thought to kill those Blue Cosmos and Orb (purple hair) buttholes even though they were unarmed - pissed me so much. And whats with the Mu la Flaga dude being evil for no reason for the 3/4s of Destiny ? Stella got a song even though she basically said 4 words in the whole series "protect "dont kill" and "shin" and Yzak got Shoot even though he was so much of a side character and was just complaining.

From google translate:

//
Mobile Suit #ガンダムSEED series
MUSIC PARTY on YouTube
Song list/timetable announcement 🕐
\\

🕐 2/17 (Sat) 21:00-
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐓𝐮𝐛𝐞 At “ #ガンダムチャンネル ” 🎧

Of the songs that colored the “SEED series”
MV/live footage released for one night only ✨

Check out the image for the song video that will be distributed on the day 👀

https://twitter.com/seed_hdrp/status/1757328770850287869?s=61&t=lrTFuiOF_sCepdzsvCA5EA

10 pm slot featuring Honoh no Tobira (16th) and Sarigiwa no Romantics (21st). We’ve got PV for the latter already, so this time, it’d be the live footage O__o?

Have watched the stream….both Honou and Sarigiwa are pv….=w=. Well….I wonder is it because of Highway Star. Tamaki Nami also had only pv, while the stream showed live clips of some other artists. O__O.

I listened to the movie OST. I mostly like the battle tracks but even them arent as good as the main series ones.
3 tracks carry melody from Shizuka na Yoru ni:
- Lacu's worries
- Prayer for Freedom
and Determined Sortie near the end.

The director of Gundam Seed Freedom, Fukuda Mitsuo, talked about See-Saw ED. Seems that he mainly discussed it with Chiaki.

FUKUDA COMMENTS

The following is a compilation of what Fukuda said at the talk show before and after the screening. It was quite difficult piecing together things from 2ch and blogs, but further assistance was provided via CharBlog.

FUKUDA: Having See-Saw come on board was my idea. Ishikawa and I really got into an impassioned discussion about Lacus’s storyline, and it seemed to strike a chord. I heard that it led to an “ah-ha” moment of inspiration when she created the song.

FUKUDA: What an incredible sense for impactful phrasing, right? “sarigiwa no romantics” – what does that even mean in Japanese? It’s amazingly memorable, even if your mind can’t grasp the meaning.

Source: https://zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=11195

https://www.lisani.jp/0000252016/

REVIEW&COLUMN

【コラム】石川智晶&梶浦由記のコメントも到着!伝説のユニット・See-Sawが歌う『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』主題歌の魅力に迫る。​

【コラム】石川智晶&梶浦由記のコメントも到着!伝説のユニット・See-Sawが歌う『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』主題歌の魅力に迫る。
『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』の快進撃が止まらない。3週目で興収31億、観客動員186万人を突破し、歴代『ガンダム』映画の興収1位を記録。TVシリーズから約20年の刻を越えて再び『SEED』旋風が巻き起こっている。
『FREEDOM』を鑑賞しながら何度も感じたのは、ファンに対する気持ちの良い裏切りの連続と、『SEED』ならではの「お約束」とも言うべき様式美が織りなす、もはや官能的とも言えるドラマ性とそのダイナミクスの素晴らしさだった。「そうそう、これこそが『SEED』だよ!」と心の中で喝采を送り続けながら鑑賞した人は多いのではないだろうか。そんな『SEED』らしさを体現している様式美の1つとしてあまりにも巨大な存在だったのは、ラストシーンにシームレスに挿入される「去り際のロマンティクス」だ。言わずもがな、石川智晶と梶浦由記の伝説的音楽ユニット・See-Sawの最新曲である。今回はそんなSee-Sawの2人に行ったメールインタビューを交えながら、楽曲の魅力を掘り下げていきたい。
梶浦「ファンの皆様がずっと待っていた作品ですから。改めて気が引き締まると共に、これだけ時間が経ってなお、「この作品の最後にSee-Sawの曲が欲しい」と言っていただけたことが、本当に心から光栄でした」
石川「長い時間を経て再びこの作品と対峙することになり、タイムスリップしたかのような印象です。あの頃よりもっと繊細にやらせていただこうと思いましたし、なによりオファーいただきとても光栄に思いました」
そうして生まれたのが「去り際のロマンティクス」だった。滑らかで力強いメロディと繊細なコーラスやストリングスが交錯する恍惚的なアレンジ、その音像の中で響き渡る儚くも情熱的な歌声が、鑑賞後の様々な感情が綯交ぜの、恍惚とした状況をそのまま包み込んでいく。
梶浦「脚本を読み込んだあとで、監督やスタッフの皆様とお会いして監督の求めるものについて伺いました。「あんなに一緒だったのに」の印象がやはり強いというところから、どこからしら続編、ではないですが、色を引きついだ音にしようとは思っていました」
TVシリーズ初代EDテーマ「あんなに一緒だったのに」を彷彿とさせるサウンドをデザインしながらも、「最後に歌うよ」から紡いでいった歌詞は、どこか達観にも似た感情を漂わせながら、儚さや切なさをまとった表現で貫かれているのが印象的だ。『FREEDOM』鑑賞後の余韻をこれでもかと引き立てる、最高峰の演出として楽曲が機能している。
石川「監督からの具体的な発注はないです。これまでの人生の中で感じてきたことを書いてくれればいいとおっしゃっていただいたので、自分を見つめ直しながらの作業でした。この作品とシンクロしながら、自分の生きた言葉をどれだけ入れられるかを考えました」
歌詞に登場する“菩提樹”の花言葉には「情熱の恋」や「熱愛」といったものが含まれるが、「愛すること」「愛されること」が物語の根幹として描かれていく『FREEDOM』を象徴的に表現しているとも受け取れる。
最後に、See-Sawの2人から「去り際のロマンティクス」を受け取った『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』ファンへメッセージを綴ってもらった。
石川「『ガンダムSEED』の今までのストーリーであったり、登場人物であったり、互いに楽しさを共有できることは、とても素敵だなと感じてます。ぜひ、劇場に足を運んでいただき、皆様の歩んでこられた年月を清々しく思い起こす時間になったらと望んでます。See-Sawの楽曲がそのお手伝いができれば嬉しいです」
梶浦「もう作品をご覧になった方も多いのではないかと思います。皆様がずっと待っていらしたこの素晴らしい作品の、ラストシーンを飾るに相応しい曲となっていることを祈っております。作品と共に、どうぞお楽しみいただけますよう!」
『SEED』ファンにとって再び大切な存在となったSee-Sawと、2人にしか生み出せない「去り際のロマンティクス」。2つの巨大な才能が生み出す魔法のようなこの曲の魅力をラストシーンとともに味わいたくて、我々は何度も映画館に足を運んでしまうのかもしれない。
TEXT BY 冨田明宏

●リリース情報
See-Saw
「去り際のロマンティクス」
2402261900-ak-002-300x296.jpg

発売中

品番:VTCL-35367
価格:¥1,320(税込)
<収録曲>
M-1.去り際のロマンティクス
作詞:石川智晶 作・編曲:梶浦由記
M-2. あんなに一緒だったのに live in 2019 @犬フェス
M-3.去り際のロマンティクス(without vocal)
※ジャケットは、アニメ描き下ろしイラスト使用
配信情報
配信リンクはこちら
https://jvcmusic.lnk.to/SARIGIWA-NO-ROMANTICS
See-Saw New Single リリース記念SPECIAL PLAYLISTはこちら
http://jvcmusic.lnk.to/See-Saw_playlist
※音楽ストリーミングサービス:Apple Music、Spotify、YouTube Music、LINE MUSIC、Amazon Music、Deezer、AWA、Rakuten Music、KKBOX、TOWER RECORDS MUSIC
●作品情報
『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』
全国の劇場にて公開中
【スタッフ】

企画・制作:サンライズ
原作:矢立肇、富野由悠季
監督:福田己津央
脚本:両澤千晶、後藤リウ、福田己津央
キャラクターデザイン:平井久司
メカニカルデザイン:大河原邦男、山根公利、宮武一貴、阿久津潤一、新谷学、禅芝、
射尾卓弥、大河広行
メカニカルアニメーションディレクター:重田智
色彩設計:長尾朱美
美術監督:池田繁美、丸山由紀子
CGディレクター:佐藤光裕、櫛田健介、藤江智洋
モニターワークス:田村あず紗、影山慈郎
撮影監督:葛山剛士、豊岡茂紀
編集:野尻由紀子
音響監督:藤野貞義
音楽:佐橋俊彦
製作:バンダイナムコフィルムワークス
配給:バンダイナムコフィルムワークス、松竹
【キャスト】
キラ・ヤマト:保志総一朗
ラクス・クライン:田中理恵
アスラン・ザラ:石田彰
カガリ・ユラ・アスハ:森なな子
シン・アスカ:鈴村健一
ルナマリア・ホーク:坂本真綾
メイリン・ホーク:折笠富美子
マリュー・ラミアス:三石琴乃
ムウ・ラ・フラガ:子安武人
イザーク・ジュール:関智一
ディアッカ・エルスマン:笹沼晃
アグネス・ギーベンラート:桑島法子
トーヤ・マシマ:佐倉綾音
アレクセレイ・コノエ:大塚芳忠
アルバート・ハインライン:福山潤
ヒルダ・ハーケン:根谷美智子
ヘルベルト・フォン・ラインハルト:楠大典
マーズ・シメオン:諏訪部順一
アウラ・マハ・ハイバル:田村ゆかり
オルフェ・ラム・タオ:下野紘
シュラ・サーペンタイン:中村悠一
イングリット・トラドール:上坂すみれ
リデラード・トラドール:福圓美里
ダニエル・ハルパー:松岡禎丞
リュー・シェンチアン:利根健太朗
グリフィン・アルバレスト:森崎ウィン
ギルバート・デユランダル:池田秀一
<See-Saw Profile>
Vocal & Chorus:石川智晶 Keybords:梶浦由記のユニット。
1993年7月Vocal:石川智晶 Keyboards:梶浦由記 Bass:西岡由紀子、3人のユニット“See-Saw”としてデビュー。1994年4月より現在の2人となり、1995年2月にシングル「また会えるから」を発売後、それぞれソロ活動を開始する。2001年、梶浦由記がBGMを手掛けたテレビアニメ『NOIR(ノワール)』に「indio」を収録したことをきっかけに“See-Saw”としての活動を再開。2002年、7年振り7枚目のシングル「Obsession」をリリース。
オリコンでは初登場45位ながらも、その後18週に渡ってチャートインし続けロングセラーヒットとなる。10月、MBS・TBS系アニメ『機動戦士ガンダムSEED』のエンディングテーマ「あんなに一緒だったのに」がオリコン初登場5位を記録。2006年、再び活動休止しそれぞれのソロ活動を展開。
2019年、17年ぶりとなるワンマンライヴ「See-Saw LIVE 〜Dream Field 2019〜」が東京国際フォーラム ホールAにて開催された。
©創通・サンライズ

関連リンク​

See-Sawレーベルサイト
https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/Profile/A017069.html
石川智晶オフィシャルサイト
https://www.chiakiishikawa.com/
梶浦由記オフィシャルサイト
https://fictionjunction.com/
『機動戦士ガンダムSEED FREEDOM』公式サイト
https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/

Sunday research.
I was reading some old posts about Kalafina-Kajiura-Space Craft. Then some info about Wakana, then about Yuuka being from Space Craft but doing a live in 2019... And finally I had some doubts about See-Saw.

Do you know under which agency is See-Saw? Because I think they signed with SC in 1993 so, they should stay with SC nowdays but it's not possible if YK released the single of this thread. I checked the credits and it seems to be a HIGHWAY STAR production. So.... in which moment See-Saw changed their agency and...
and...why this wasn't possible with Kalafina? lol

I don't know about See-Saw. Maybe it always belonged to the artists? Seemingly like FictionJunction.
Or they already managed to sort it all out back when they went from 3 to 2? They were going from Sony for the first albums to Victor for the reunion anime era, too.

Dream Field credits look like Chiaki and YK could have different management. (SPACE CRAFT PRODUCE and MUSASHI)

Really? The more I know the more I go crazy. MUSASHI doesn’t appear in the credits for this single (either retracks). Maybe that’s why appears the names of Yuki and Chiaki under the See-Saw logo. But still “See-Saw” is an artist name and it has to belong to some agency.

Back