Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Actually SAO is a pretty big story too so if they decide to continue adapting the novels to anime and keep hiring Yuki for them, we will have SAO and Madoka for the whole next year too at least. :dote:

^The prospect of an international release is good news indeed. Even the pricing seems a little fairer than what we've come to expect (read: dread) from Aniplex. The blu-ray/OST combo pack looks particularly tempting.

"Import version available in following territories:"

Which lists pretty much everywhere! Good news for, well, lots of people.

My only pressing question is: does the release date of "4.07" mean the seventh of April or fourth of July? It will decide whether this will be my birthday present to myself or not... :plot:

Got some Madoka stuff today. Pretty neat!
Items are: an A2 size poster, postcards, mini pop-up diorama(?), clear file folders with key drawings from the transformation sequences.

3ZtKuFXh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh, that is really nice stuff you've got there. That poster is cute, although kind of odd to see Mami at the front. Where did you get it from?

Not too bothered about the localised release of Rebellion since I imported the initial release. I wonder if they'll keep the beautiful packaging the original Japanese version has, I hope they do.

@Seasonreaper I think they are doing just that, if I'm understanding the USA site correctly. It's nice to see some alternatives to the 'collectors edition' being offered - it's a gorgeous set and all, but there was a worrying trend starting to develop where more affordable options for home video releases weren't being offered any more.

I've pretty much talked myself into buying this, haven't I? :punched: It's only £50 off UP1 plus postage for the blu-ray/OST bundle (which means, being UP1, it's standard delivery and VAT included in the price, so none of those horrid import fees/delays shenanigans).

Ooooh, that is really nice stuff you've got there. That poster is cute, although kind of odd to see Mami at the front. Where did you get it from?

@Seasonreaper Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit odd, but I like it because it's rare to see Mami as the center focus when it comes to group shots. I got it from an auction from yahoo japan through a middleman service. These items were being sold at AnimeJapan 2014.

@Seasonreaper I think they are doing just that, if I'm understanding the USA site correctly. It's nice to see some alternatives to the 'collectors edition' being offered - it's a gorgeous set and all, but there was a worrying trend starting to develop where more affordable options for home video releases weren't being offered any more.

I've pretty much talked myself into buying this, haven't I? :punched: It's only £50 off UP1 plus postage for the blu-ray/OST bundle (which means, being UP1, it's standard delivery and VAT included in the price, so none of those horrid import fees/delays shenanigans).

Haha, you are kind of willing yourself to buy it at this rate. That's not a bad price, mine was a bit more I think? It's really lovely packaging though, although not being able to understand the bonus features is a slight problem, but at least the film has subs. Oh, and I wonder if they'll change the menu, since if you leave it running it shows every major sequence from the whole film in order in about 4 minutes, even part of the post-credit sequence.

@Seasonreaper Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit odd, but I like it because it's rare to see Mami as the center focus when it comes to group shots. I got it from an auction from yahoo japan through a middleman service. These items were being sold at AnimeJapan 2014.

This is true, Mami's usually off to the side or at the back, or at least not the focus. I haven't actually seen them before so I was wondering the source. Thanks for the info :goodjob:. Sadly I don't have any large scale Madoka posters despite having quite a large collection overall.

God I hate Australian certification, it's ridiculously large. I have a few Aus releases and it always bugs me.

God I hate Australian certification, it's ridiculously large. I have a few Aus releases and it always bugs me.

My Australian copy of From Up On Poppy Hill, like other Madman Studio Ghibli releases has a reversable cover with the Japanese version (without classification labels) on the other side.

My Australian copy of From Up On Poppy Hill, like other Madman Studio Ghibli releases has a reversable cover with the Japanese version (without classification labels) on the other side.

Now that's something I can get behind. I wish everything had reversible sleeves without certification/company logos etc. Just nice, clean artwork.

The classification will be there, it's not yet determined. There's a bunch of different ones for different ages like any other form of certification, but they're actually that size on the box and it's ugly as hell.

Back