MadokaMagica Side Story: Magia Record (mobile game) - TV anime [Takumi Ozawa OST / ClariS/Trysail ED/OP]

Surprising absolutely no one, the music has been described as Kajiura-esque, hue.
I think I'm going to watch the first few episodes and see if I like it. Apparently, the story has been reworked a bit, and Inu Curry ran wild doing the visuals.

https://twitter.com/magireco/status/1200670798668689409
Lol no Kajiura in Magia Record ED then! Surprised, but not disappointed cause of her unexpected announcements lol. Will be watching for uhhhhh visuals??

2 theme bgms and 1 overture song is not much of work though... She could still work on the ED.

I liked the Takumi Ozawa bgms, they are in the Kajiura style, the strings are really nice and the piano a bit goofy, so a nice change.

moving the thread to Otakuland.

Last edited:
Um. It's fine. Kthx. We don't need 10 songs a year.

Also "2 theme bgms". She's still doing HF and Alicization.

Kajiura served us some decent to good OST/Songs this year so I'm pretty fine if she reject/got ditched by some projects. I think what she needs to focus right now is Heaven's Feel cause aside from the 1-2 battle theme in part 2 which is good, some of her tracks are obviously out of place (Dunno if some miscommunication between sound director/composer) and she needs to step up her game cause both this and fgo movie will clash with the movies sched?

Nothing of importance. It's just interesting that spring song and agateram will kinda premiere side by side and hoping Kajiura will impress more than the other (tho the inevitable emiya theme kajiura ver. will happen soon) :XD:

They are completely unrelated so... Iunno.
I've no interest in FGO myself. (Tried watching First Order, didn't get into it. I don't play games much.)

Keita Haga & Ryo Kawasaki are making really good world music on Babylonia.
Also waiting for Keita Haga & Hideyuki Fukasawa on Camelot soundtrack !
Can't wait for YK's take on Emiya? This Illusion? Fukaki Nemuri? ... maybe another The Sword of Promised Victory ? (dunno if these tracks also concern the Heaven's Feel route)

Keita Haga & Ryo Kawasaki are making really good world music on Babylonia.

Offtopic: Aren't they just rearranging the tracks in fgo game? Emiya is already given afaik considering people hyping Kajiura ver. The most confusing thing to me is that I saw one comment that Aimer won't sing for the 3rd movie lol.

Ok back to Magia Record. lol
Any SHAFT fans here? I'm kind of curious about the company situation right now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9c0nbb/apparently_top_animator_talents_are_leaving_shaft/
Warning-foul words Rumors/Leaks: https://yuki.la/a/187460327

Can't wait for YK's take on Emiya? This Illusion? Fukaki Nemuri? ... maybe another The Sword of Promised Victory ? (dunno if these tracks also concern the Heaven's Feel route)
Emiya, and Light and Darkness are the tracks the Fatetards want the most. I'll never understand the hype over the original Emiya, or the FSN soundtrack in general.
In the second movie they wanted Die Lorelei, which is an actual irl lied.

So i just watched. That battle bgm was really disappointing but i really like the bgms with the homura-like girl and the one in the scene with the 'dream' also.

5 episodes in and even though this episode was probably the best one... I just don't care.

While watching (which I did weekly), I couldn't even remember any names but Iroha and Yachiyo. Whatever new elements the show tries to introduce just scream "mobage" or "plot device"/convenience to get to the next big event (and so far those unfortunately have not felt impactful or involving to me). I just couldn't get invested.

The show is also way more >SHAFT with its editing and random shit happening on screen than the original anime ever was. (Granted this could be explained by some twist sometime down the line, like in Rebellion.) I'm also having a hard time accepting this storyline (as it is being presented) happening at any point of the original show - you mean to tell me there was always something around that could render Kyuubeys useless?

The designs for the monsters are still mostly very cool (but that's kind of a given) and I still think Ozawa was a perfect choice for a side-story to a show with Kajiura's music (that group transformation track from a couple episodes ago was just that close to "lolKajiura?"). My only gripe with the music so far is that many tracks feel like loops with improvs playing over them - there aren't enough standalone melodic tracks. That was quite jarring when Credens justitiam (which is rather distinct in itself) started playing.

So yea... I don't think I'm going to watch (maybe binge when it's all out). I'll just wait for the OST.

The first OST is coming out Mar 04, 2020 with the first Bluray.

I'm also having a hard time accepting this storyline (as it is being presented) happening at any point of the original show - you mean to tell me there was always something around that could render Kyuubeys useless?
It's a completely different universe. Magireco has its own version of the main series' characters.

Back