Madoka Magica movies

Re:

waihong said:
So... much... stuff...
Kinda puts the selection that my local movie-theater had to shame. I did get a neat T-shirt from them tho. But still... STUFF. WANT.

^ I haven't really experienced the phenomena of Japanese cinemas with big merchandise selling areas except for the Movix at Saitama-Shintoshin.

What are the white things on the Kyuubey plate? Is it cheesecake? It looks weird. I like how there are Kit Kats though. heh

Australia / New Zealand screenings on 1-2 February 2014:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... -screeings

quote:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie: Rebellion will be screened in theatres in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth on the 1st and 2nd of February 2014. New Zealand will have at least one screening on the 1st of February 2014 in Auckland. Tickets will be available early 2014.
end-quote.

They have Madoka Magica booth to at AFA ID..but it's not as 'wow' as it is in AFA SG... :XD:

Those pictures are great and I would love some of that stuff! Plus might want to put it in a spoiler tag considering how much it stretches the page.

^ Too bad the spoiler tag in this forum only works to cover text like this.

I want to see how Homura becomes more badass in this movie.

EDIT: I am not sure if this was covered in a few pages back, but I found this on the Madoka Wiki fan page. This is from the "Puella Magi Madoka Magica Pia" magazine, which contains stuff such as Q&A from staff including Yuki Kajiura.

Kugayama said:
Another slightly off-topic message:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Pia (BOOK)
Price: 1143yen (US$ 11.44) Release Date: 2013/10/12
http://mag.cdjapan.co.jp/?4_--_1172965_--_3151_--_162

640px-Madoka_Magica_Pia_8.jpg

Better scan found here: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Madoka ... _Pia_8.jpg

^ WHAT?!! what the, did anyone filmed the whoel thing from a theater ?! (this was not supposed to come out before summer) :omg:

thank you so much! :sohappy:

You're welcome!! it's the full movie!! I still can't believe when I found it on fb, it was a surprise! however, the film is fabulous! so many twists and then it will be nice to discuss it with all of you! :sohappy:

^ I agree, and despite what Lord Starfish said, I dont consider it has a bad ending, it more close to bitter sweet

SPOILER, DONT HIGHLIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED YOU-KNOW-WHAT

What I understood is that the girls were in a world where they were fighting nightmares instead of witches, and Homu was finding strange that there were 3 characters that were not supposed to exist, belieiving that it was BB creating this situation and, after getting in fight with Sayaka and Mami, Kyuubey answered her that Homura was trapped inside Kyuubey's experiment, which was a space isolating Homu's soulgem from Madoka-goddess area of witch spotting, which allowed it to stay pitch black and increasing in evilness, without being able to become a witch. Then Homura surpassed that experiment barrier and became Witch which entered the false world that was inside Homu's soulgem, creating a witch barrier in that world/ Then the remaining magical girl fought the Homu witch and beat it, so Madoka spotted Homu and was about to stop her from being witch, but Homu took the opportunity to extract the goddess side of Madoka from the human madoka, becoming a devil, which could allow her to create a new world, where she could be in the same world as Madoka while restricting when needed the re-goddessing of Madoka. However this new world now looks way darker than the Madoka ruled one, and the only one that seems to be happy with the situation seems to be Homura (the opposide of what was happening in the Madoka -ruled) . At very end Homu seems to be suiciding (or sky-diving lol) when she got bored of this world. What seems to never ever die is Kyubey, because he's the only thing alive when the world is re-created and got a replacement just before homu jumps, :XD: This indeed gives a different light to the episodes/first 2 movies, but I am sure its not finished yet, since 1. all character seem to still remember what happened 2 We dont know if Homu survives after the jump. 3. They would never let something that brings so much money to finish. I think what this movie wants to teach is that a big love can turn to big hate and vise versa. btw BB says "Camembert" (kamamberu) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camamber a type of french cheese, not "cheese"

Music wise I love all new musics, and especially the new transformation ones and the battle ones, I cant wait for this OST, too bad it had only 3-4 vocal tracks. :dote: :dote:

I wish sb could do this with the KnK movie too lol

Thanks!!!! Oh god I had several headaches and eargasms watching it...
Man! all happy-girls-world was so f..... comforting too bad it didn't last :cry:
transformation music was so epic....making it some sort of requiem!.... now it's settled: battle-mode Hanae is genius....thought I wanted some Eri just to make things more nostalgic and original madoka....
WTF with the ending.... "KnGnN goes creepy" I'll just erase that from my mind and stick to the Kala PV :plot:
I agree...we haven't seen the end of this

Lord Starfish said:
HOW? I can actually sort of see why Homura would do what she did, but I still didn't see anything justifying how it was even possible for her to do what she did. It just... happened. And going from the TV-series with its meticulously built up, impeccably paced story where if one goes back and looks at it all a second time, it becomes obvious how they had been building up to Madokami from the very beginning, and that Madokami not only makes perfect sense but was probably the only logical conclusion all that buildup could have culminated in, having Homurakuma in this movie being something that just happens because... it does... is quite a downgrade.

I think it is explaned if you look at it carefully,
the reason why Homu became a devil is that her body and soulgem were inside an experiment which was preventing her from becoming witch so, when this experiment area was destroyed, kyuubeys could no more stop her, and after Homu grabbed Madokami's hands before she touches the soulgem, nobody could stop her from becoming devil. As to why she became more powerful than witch, more powerful than Madokami, I dont know that, I guess that there's always something that's no explainable in fiction, just because the author doesnt think its worth of explaining, or it will be explained later when an other movie or anime episodes come out.

Also Kyuubey isnt explained neither here nor in the previous, like where is his world ? and why he's the only that's still alive during every world and universe change ? Maybe this universe the story takes place is itself an experiment because its the only thing that could explain these 2

Btw after watching the movie, it seems the asuka song is the theme melody of the movie since other bgm later on adopt it too.

3rd Madoka Magica Film Sells 1 Million Tickets in 21 Days
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... in-21-days

I am not watching this camrip as I bought my ticket to see it subbed in theaters on December 8th. I can wait. :)

Back