Madoka Magica movies

^I know, I do like her voice in that song, it's just in this one it's a little different, to me anyways. Maybe it's just the melody, I don't know. I think I will grow to like it though.

Lyrics for Asuka's song.

「私は朝の夢を見る

まだダメよ (No! Night)
まだダメよ (No! Night)
何色の朝が来る? (No? Yes!)

まだダメよ (No? No!)
まだダメよ (No? No! Night)
まだ夜は食べかけよ (No? Yes, no!)

(眠るベルが鳴る どこにいる?)

さぁ おはよう Nightmare (まだダメよ まだダメよ 何色の)
悪いお夢は これっきり (悪いお夢は まだダメよ まだ)」

[I will see a morning dream]

Not yet (No! Night)
Not yet (No! Night)
What color will morning come in? (No? Yes)

Not yet (No? No)
Not yet (No? No! Night)
The night is still half-consumed (N! Yes, no!)

(The sleeping bell will chime. / Where are you?)

Now then, good morning, Nightmare (Not yet, not yet, what color)
This is the last bad dream (Bad dream, not yet, not)

Third Madoka movie has been submitted for Oscar consideration, here's hoping it can get a nomination even if it will likely lose.

^ lol really ? I didnt know the japanese animated movies had this possibility.

well then lets hope it takes a Music oscar :ohoho:

Re:

george1234 said:

Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away.
I think it's still the only 2D animated film that won for the Best Animated Feature category.

Re:

george1234 said:

That be nice but I don't think they'll run it for Best Original Score; just Best Animated Feature. A shame I'd love to see Yuki win that golden statue!

Last few years a few animes have been submitted but sadly didn't get nominations, such as Summer Wars from Hosoda and Madhouse.

Last anime feature that I can think that was actually nominated was Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle.

Think you might be right Animexcel, Spirited Away is the only 2D Feature to win.

And SA deserved it. Just watched it again. heh And those are strange lyrics, maybe Yuki was trying something new? But the "nightmare" word is very Yuki, I think anyways.

^ I was mainly talking about the english backing vocal that goes with it since normal talking inside of songs, is a Revo trademark :XD:

Re:

ShadowAlex said:
Third Madoka movie has been submitted for Oscar consideration, here's hoping it can get a nomination even if it will likely lose.

OMGGGG CONGRATS TO KAJIURA-SENSEI~~

Ahh, it would be so great if they actually got nominated and then won an Oscar :shy:

EDIT: http://variety.com/2013/film/awards/osc ... 200798376/

checking out the competition...Despicable Me 2, Monsters University... :uh..: It's too hard to beat the Disney/Pixar animations, I guess...

i just don't want disney/pixar to win :uh..: i'll cheer on madoka, but i doubt it'll win :TdT:

Re: Re:

Cerise said:
ShadowAlex said:

OMGGGG CONGRATS TO KAJIURA-SENSEI~~
There's really nothing to congratulate anyone about just yet... Merely being submitted for nomination doesn't mean anything. It just means that the producers were like "Hey, Oscar committee, we've got this movie here that we'd like you to take a look at..."

And even putting my own personal bias against this movie aside... I seriously doubt it will win. The only anime movie to have ever won an Oscar, as far as I know, is Spirited Away. The fact that this movie is a sequel that relies entirely on one knowing the original story in order to provide the full impact isn't exactly helping either.

Hmm... it seems that "The Wind Rises" is included in the nominations. Is that referring to the latest film by Miyazaki?

If the Madoka movie does not make it, then I hope that the award goes to that film instead. Go for Japanese anime!

Lord Starfish said:
There's really nothing to congratulate anyone about just yet... Merely being submitted for nomination doesn't mean anything. It just means that the producers were like "Hey, Oscar committee, we've got this movie here that we'd like you to take a look at..."

And even putting my own personal bias against this movie aside... I seriously doubt it will win. The only anime movie to have ever won an Oscar, as far as I know, is Spirited Away. The fact that this movie is a sequel that relies entirely on one knowing the original story in order to provide the full impact isn't exactly helping either.

Spirited Away is the only feature to win but actually two anime have won Oscars. "La Maison en Petits Cubes" won Best Animated Short in 2009

Today, against my better judgement, I somehow decided to go and watch this movie a second time...
Lord Starfish said:
george1234 said:
I guess that people that saw the movie (Lord Starfish?) will know to answer since the credits of the song should be in the credits of the movie at the end. I wishing its indeed Asuka.
Sorry, no idea. I was too busy staring blankly in a mixture of horror, disbelief and utter confusion to really pay attention to what the credits were saying.
Now I know this question of who sang the song has already been resolved, but I would like to point out that this time I did try to pay attention to the credits... The Nightmare-songs were not even in there at all as far as I could see.

Oh, and after watching the movie the first time, I went through several hours of trying to decipher these conflicting emotions in my brain and piece together an opinion about the movie, for which I eventually landed on "I hate this f***ing movie." Of course this begs the question why I even went to go see it a second time... Well, basically seeing a ton of discussion about how many people actually liked the direction the movie took and found it fully justified and so on and so forth, made me decide to give it a second time, this time looking specifically at how the movie is structured and paced to see if in hindsight the ending would seem more acceptable that way. And... no, there's still one very big thing that prevents me from being okay with what this movie did. Namely...
HOW? I can actually sort of see why Homura would do what she did, but I still didn't see anything justifying how it was even possible for her to do what she did. It just... happened. And going from the TV-series with its meticulously built up, impeccably paced story where if one goes back and looks at it all a second time, it becomes obvious how they had been building up to Madokami from the very beginning, and that Madokami not only makes perfect sense but was probably the only logical conclusion all that buildup could have culminated in, having Homurakuma in this movie being something that just happens because... it does... is quite a downgrade.
That said I left the theater still conflicted this time around too, but I think I can say, having seen the movie again... I do not have as much against it anymore. Because aside from the ending, everything is pretty darn solid. That said the pacing is nowhere near as good as it was in the show. The show to me is pretty much the epitome of perfect pacing, in that not one moment felt unnecessary, and nothing seemed to happen too quickly or get dragged out for too long... This movie could probably have lost a good ten, fifteen minutes and been better off for it. There are a lot of needlessly long scenes in this film, though the most glaring of them would be during the second Nightmare battle, with its two-and-a-half minute Magical Girl transformation sequence. (Stated duration may not be exact. I didn't have anything to time it by. Still, it was freaking long.)
Oh, and seeing the movie a second time... I could actually enjoy Kimi no Gin no Niwa :D (The first time I was, again, too busy staring at the screen in a mixture of horror, disbelief and utter confusion to really appreciate the music.)

oooh nice pics, thanks wai hong

george:I was mainly talking about the english backing vocal that goes with it since normal talking inside of songs, is a Revo trademark

the closest yuki composition/s to have normal talking are some songs from saeko chiba's melody album

Back