Madoka Magica movies

i can't remember if this was mentioned earlier, but chiwa saitou is doing a 2-hour TV special called "madoka movie premiere celebration" or something like that. it'll be on TV Tokyo, 11/4 8AM: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/madoka-magica/

also, these seem to be screenshots of the mezamashi TV segment (they also had screenshots of the madoka orchestral concert, so i think there's a good chance of yuki talking about it):
:nophoto:

sayaka finishes off charlotte? :omgz:

... what are those

aaaaah, i hope somebody recorded the whole thing :comeback:

^ Lol at the super sentai gif. Kyoukooooo

2nd last pic is pretty much Madoka's silver garden, ain't it?

And the last pic... that last pic...
They're feeding the shippers too much :XD: . Kyouko x Sayaka fans are gonna go wild.

Darn. I don't have the time to go searching for vids.
Somebody... anybody...!!!

Low quality
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cc8axrwImA[/youtube]

^ misterioso...
That scene looks more like some fantasy that Mami cooked up, what with her initiating the transformation, being in the center and having a penchant for naming her moves.

Observation:
Homura is on the phone, apologising. "I'm sorry I got you involved in this (mess)"
We saw Kyouko talking on the phone with someone during the very first teaser.
One would assume the two are talking to one another.
Conclusion -> Homura turns to Kyouko for help once again.
The Kyouko x Homuhomu fan in me is happy.

I'm getting so hyped for this movie it's not even funny.

That scene looks more like some fantasy that Mami cooked up, what with her initiating the transformation, being in the center and having a penchant for naming her moves.

Very likely. It's pretty cute, though. PUELLA MAGI HOLY QUINTET! :ohoho:

thanks for finding the vid and everything hatou :touched:

honestly a lot of the clips here looks like it comes from an OP. i mean, that spinning cup scene?
ah, but mami saves homura from shooting herself in the head :touched: and dat homumami gunfight! i honestly can't wait :plot:

Re:

ImmortalBirdcage said:
honestly a lot of the clips here looks like it comes from an OP. i mean, that spinning cup scene?
What? It's obviously Kyouko and Sayaka's date scene. *adamant*
Kyouko looking at the camera at the end means it probably is OP footage though. Orz

^ :ohoho: :ohoho: mainly i'm like this because i prefer le angst so despair-filled mami/homu/kyou all the wayyyyy

in any case, the clips here are just really... weird. i wonder if they're all from the OP... mami holding those cheese bags :omg:

Is that all Kajiura talked ? or there's a bigger broacast ?

so they did the concert like Typemoon fest, with the actors (saitou chiwa here) saying quote from the anime :XD:

the chorus doesnt sound very trained though...

I actually want to hear the full version of that Credens Justititam. It sounded pretty good to me. (I laughed at the woman on the drums, looked like she was almost head banging heh) But yeah thanks for the vid. Can someone translate what Yuki was saying? There was the words on the bottom. I want to know what she was saying. :dote:

Hey guys, in case I hadn't mentioned this before, I am in Japan. And being a Madoka Magica fanboy in Japan, naturally I had to go see this movie on day one.
Then did a vlog on it. No explicit spoilers... Actually you might not get much out of this video at all... but yeah. I just felt that I needed to express myself on this one way or another, so... There you have it.

Dat Hanae BGM @ 48:40. I'll be looking forward to the OST just for this one. (It's the first battle BGM from the last trailer.) Nothing else really stood out except the accordion pieces.

Re:

george1234 said:
I guess someone dies again ? :XD:
Does that really strike you as something that would make me go "I'm not sure I will ever be able to look at the show the same way again"?

As for why I kept looking up at the ceiling... I don't even know why I did that.

If you haven't grabbed the full theatrical audio recording someone seems to be uploading some cuts from it here:

Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_mS8aWcC18AJWNPlsmODLvmdL-mXK91k

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9wchW_dwNI[/youtube]

^ wow this indeed sounds delicious, its definetely the fastest Hanae singing we have ever had, the e.guitar is really nice too, the whole track brings back memories from Fate/Zero when Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald and Kiritsugu were gun fighting and the battle is to the strong was playing (Hanae, strings guitar in too) .

Re:

george1234 said:
^ I dont know what kind of person you are so I dont know what could have made you say that or not say it :XD:
Well there's a lot I could say to try and demonstrate what this movie does, but in a way I feel like I can't quite convey exactly how the movie just completely ruins the TV-series ending for me without actually saying what happens...

So if you want to know...
Don't say I didn't warn you...
Okay. So Kyubey somehow manages to like, seal off Homura's Soul Gem, making it slowly corrupt without Madoka being able to do her whole "Law of the Wheel"-thing. The majority of the film takes place in a bizarre parallell version of Mitakihara City which Homura ultimately realizes 1: is a witch-barrier, and 2: is her witch-barrier. (Oh hey, a perfectly adequate explanation for why Sayaka is still alive! Namely... she isn't.)
So ultimately the rest of the girls team up to break free from this barrier and get back into the real world, at which point Madoka arrives to cleanse Homura's Soul Gem and all that jazz...

Then just before she manages to do that, Homura grabs hold of Madoka, saying something along the lines of "Finally we're together again, and now I will never let you go," and then she somehow manages to OVERPOWER MADOKA AND TAKE HER POWERS AWAY... Then the universe is rewritten. Again. We see a similar setting to where Homura and Madoka had their tearful parting in the show, and the only ones there are Homura and Kyubey. Kyubey is like "What are you?" and Homura is like "Hmmm... Well I can't really be called neither a magical girl nor a witch any more, can I? If Madoka is God, then I suppose that would make me the Devil."
Let me just repeat that: HOMURA IS THE DEVIL NOW.

Then we cut to Homura's new world, where everyone seems to be alive and well, and without any powers at all, and I'm still having a hard time deciding if this is a happy end or a sad one, but what I can say is that the final scene before the credits, which is another take on Madoka and Homura's first meeting... is quite possibly the most unsettling thing I have ever seen come out of this franchise.

I just knew Urobuchi will never give us a satisfying-fulfilling ending.

Back