Madoka Magica movies

@Animexcel: I thought there was one? Unless my memory is failing me. lol But yeah, that was so fun.

All those lucky people! I want to see this movie.

At the Picadilly Cinema in Shinjuku:

81842.jpg

Liana_Ilia said:
@Animexcel: I thought there was one? Unless my memory is failing me. lol But yeah, that was so fun.

It wasn't Mami though. They spotted a goddess Madoka cosplayer in the front row.

@waihong
Amazing.
I do not remember the guy with a camera but I saw my friend on the video.

The waiting queue was huge because, despite the previous movies, the new movie was showed in the biggest room of the Grand Rex theater.

The goodies was not such amazing as they were sold at Japan Expo too and there were no more Limited Edition of the previous movies.

To get the only interesting goodies, we had to pay 10 Euro to participate to a lottery and the queue for it turned huge quickly.

But the movie was great and the room is so wonderful. Great moment !

Another picture of the Mami took by a French girl and post on her facebook wall :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 08698aa0b9

Ah I see, I guess my memory did fail me then. heh I wish I could go back to that time, I was so happy then. (I want to hear the new Madoka songs in concert)

I have no idea of what I feel about this movie, I don't even think I understood it lol
if I did understand correctly, Homura turned Madoka back to human because of what the Madoka inside her with barrier said, that she didn't want to leave anyone, so Homura freed her from the responsibility of being isolated looking after all the magical girls. And she had to become a devil to rebel against all those rules of magic and energy and whatnot. What she really wanted was a world with no magic so none of the horrible things that happened to Madoka would happen again. But then she asks Madoka if she's ok with living by the rules and when Madoka says yes, Homura realizes that they are too different but she still loves Madoka so she cries a bit lol I don't even know, this movie is insane and I didn't understand the whole evil Homura transformation thing if she was really doing it for Madoka, so maybe my interpretation is just my dreaming of the whole thing happening.

And about how Homura could catch Goddess Madoka, everyone is shocked at her own display of power saying "what are you?" or something, so maybe it's possible that just like Madoka could become a goddess because her grief was too big after being accumulated over and over by Homura's time traveling, Homura's own power could've increased after everything she went through and became a witch but overcame the experiment or something.

I don't even know, please somebody tell me that Homura didn't just go crazy psycho and ate Madoka just because :uh..: I feel as if I had just watched an Evangelion episode :blood:

^ actually she was sad because she was the only one remembering about Madoka, so she wanted her back, so she detached the human Madoka from the godess form, in order to bring her back to earth with her, with the additional benefit that Kyubey wouldnt be able to experiment with Madoka more. But as you can see the goddess Madoka is still inside madoka so Homu needs to restrain it every time it tries to take power. It also looks like the " ! Law of Circle thing isnt entirely lost, I guess we will need to wait for the next movie/anime to learn :)

Just drop in to tell that I already bought the ticket for Madoka Movie on 15 Dec...:XD:. The first show in Canada is on 9Dec but the tickets at the theatre I plan to go were sold out already.. (Good news... :ayashii: There are 5 theatres in BC getting the film and the one I'll go is in one of the largest mall in Great Vancouver, even it isn't in downtown though...)

WELP I JUST WATCHED THIS AND I WAS MINDSCREWED. although seeing how the series ended so perfectly there's not really any other direction this movie could've taken....

what i understood out of it was that homura became this powerful because her original wish was never fulfilled at the end of the movie. it was to protect madoka (at all costs), right?

when madoka became god, homura's wish was never fulfilled because she views madoka making a wish as a "bad end", therefore she never protected her in her POV. when homura was trapped inside that isolation barrier, it paralleled how she trapped madoka inside her alternate timelines -- the latter gave madoka the power to become god, so why couldn't this barrier give homura the power to become the devil?

by keeping madoka human, madoka would never be able to make a wish, therefore keeping her "happiness" and safety (from kyubey).

idk what i'm even typing now lmao i'm so confused.

i guess that's why the movie is called "rebellion". because it's homura rebelling against the law of god in order to rewrite the universe, right?

so it feels like the theme of this is.... what? hope vs love -- selflessness versus selfishness.... it completely goes against the eventual theme of the series, and i'm not completely sure whether i like that or not OTL. just like how madoka was a deconstruction of the magical girl series, this movie was a deconstruction of the deconstruction. :@_@: but you know.... magia's lyrics make even more disturbing sense now, right....?

also kimi no gin no niwa. when that was playing at the end i was so creeped out. like wtf. mood dissonance indeed...

btw, i hate how they translated it to call her "demon", though. devil would've been much more fitting imo :XD:

and personally, i hated sayaka's character in this. it just felt so out of character (OOC). although everybody in the theater cheered when she was all rabu rabu to kyouko lol. on that note, now i'm starting to like madohomu. dat super-magnified angst, yo.

also... BASED HOMU/MAMI GUNFIGHT. that was pretty epic (although the heavy breathing at the end of the scene was kinda.... off-putting, lmao.

another side note: i almost cried at the part where homura and madoka talk and homura cries at the end while madoka was trying to braid her hair lol. i'm pretty sure a lot of people in the theater were just as affected, based on the convo of the people who came out of the theater's room lol...

I WISH THE THEATER SOLD MERCH. i so would've bought something. :TdT:

Got back from mine.
IB. Mindscrewed is an understatement. Mindfucked is more accurate. :XD:

Even so it was awesome!
We were sold out over here. I also took pics of the screen.
Mostly ads and the ED credits
:tea:

I saw the movie and all I can say is my mind is utterly blown. I have so many mixed feelings about it, good and bad! So much I can't even put them into words right now it's been so overwhelming and I probably will need to watch it again a few times. I kind of hope it gets dubbed because there are a lot of dialogue heavy moments and a lot of important things I probably missed in the theater with the subtitles. But the acting from the cast was wonderful as always.

Well if this does truly open the door to another series I can only hope
It will culminate in a climatic battle of Goddoka and Homucifer ending in a happy ending for both of them

If you want my rambling full thoughts and feelings you can watch my ugly mug talk about it Here.

I've also been hearing the ending was re-written by Shinbo and Iwakami but I'm not seeing much in the way of sources, interviews for that just stuff written at the Madoka Wiki and usual postings from other conflicted fans.

^i believe the translation for the interview in the special edition pamphlet that was handed out at LA theaters/japan had that...

arghhhhh studio shaft just take all my money. i think i can say that i do prefer this ending over urobuchi's supposed one (that was supposed to be happy/similar to the manga's ending) :ohoho:

there is a show tomorrow night where I am, and OF COURSE I can't go.. it was only announced late last month that it was coming here too because of ownership changes of the theater.. so sad :cry:

I watched the movie last Friday in Los Angeles. The OST was enjoyable. but not as good as the previous movies. Kajiura kinda abused the leitmotif though, and the recycled tracks from the series annoyed me a bit.

Anyways, about the transformation sequence tracks. I know Sayaka, Homu, and Madoka's are based on Decretum, Puella Insomnio, and Saggita Luminis, but what about Mami and Kyouko's? I actually find it odd Mami's wasn't based on Credens Justitiam.

Re:

Kowz said:
Anyways, about the transformation sequence tracks. I know Sayaka, Homu, and Madoka's are based on Decretum, Puella Insomnio, and Saggita Luminis, but what about Mami and Kyouko's? I actually find it odd Mami's wasn't based on Credens Justitiam.

I was thinking the same, maybe the answer to that question would be that Credens Justitiam was made especially for that scene in 3rd episode and not as Mami's theme.

maybe the answer to that question would be that Credens Justitiam was made especially for that scene in 3rd episode and not as Mami's theme.

I mean just the melody, which has already been arranged a few times (Mirai, No more fear, and the nightmare fight after their transformations).

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
I was thinking the same, maybe the answer to that question would be that Credens Justitiam was made especially for that scene in 3rd episode and not as Mami's theme.

Credens Justitiam was also used in episode 1 when Mami transformed the first time. :P

Back