Live Album「Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2014」 at Tokyo International Forum Hall A

@Kowz that's what i'm saying! my friends picked up their copies from various stores (animate, etc) today....there has to be a leak somewhere lol

Tsuioku sounds amazing tho….and idk what y'all consider good but Yane no Mukou sounds really pretty from the 30 seconds or so that I heard. I won't listen to anymore (or I'll try not to) lmao
I definitely think this is better quality than the last live album.. can't wait to receive mine now!

I'm not going to listen to it until I get my copy, as per usual with Kalafina releases. I really enjoy the 5th Anni Live so if this is even better, then excellent. Sadly the tracklist is weaker (no Serenato or lirica, for example) and there's less of it, but a lot of comments and articles seem to point to this particular performance being easily one of the best the band has done, so I'm still pretty hyped for it. Also yes, Tsuioku. And another live of Utsukushisa :plz:.

LIstened to a couple of tracks and I absolutely hated Hikaru in Utsukushisa (yay for Keiko at the end though), I really disliked what Keiko did in her ending kajiurago in red moon. I have no idea how I feel about how soft Tsuioku sounds here (maybe it's my setup though?). seventh heaven was surefine, except the tempo during Hikaru's part somehow doesn't work here.

I don't know how to download audio files from VK, I'm actually waiting for someone to post a download link of the CD, or that hikarinoakari upload the CD in their site.
Another issue, isn't this concert where Wakana started crying while singing Alleluia?? I listened to the track (waiting for that) and nothing happened, she sounded really normal to me

Yeah! I thought so, but maybe they switched that track with the other live, maybe idk. Thanks for the link darling!

Yes I think the same!! anyway you're welcomeeee :)

I'll try to upload the album on mediafire :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Another issue, isn't this concert where Wakana started crying while singing Alleluia?? I listened to the track (waiting for that) and nothing happened, she sounded really normal to me

check HW's post.

maybe she didnt cry with a sound and just shed some tears while singing, with fans just overextraggerating on their reports.

Hikari furu!!! :hearts:

Wakana just as good as Budokan, and Hikaru was perfect as well! (And Keiko was good too :XD:)

Ok, I'm during magia [quattro]
Dolce was such amazing!!! Adore was better than live from AE live.
Hikaru is in good condition, Wakana is brillian and Keiko as always

FUCK. YANE NO MUKOU NI...... WAKANA. AND KEIKO'S HARMONIZATIONS.
BUT.
Did anyone hear that weirdness at "kimi no soba ni ita" right before the second half of the chorus? It's as if WAKANA's vocals cut off and then came back on. ._. Was she crying again?

And HIKARU needs to work on her shaky intro to "Yane no mukou ni". Same thing happened in the only other LIVE rendition of Yane no Mukou ni that was officially taped.

Other thoughts~
  • Ongaku: omg that overture!!!!!! I loved the "love come down" overture from Red Moon JCB Hall live... That's totally Kajiura.
  • seventh heaven: HIKARU sounds atrocious. ESPECIALLY at her solo "tsuyoku dakishimeteite kogoeta toIKI WO wakeai". Also, not too excited about this arrangement since we got it from the Alleluia single already. :/
  • snow falling: I just don't like how they speed things up at "kasa no kage de sotto" onwards... I truly still prefer the original recording's pace and YURIKO KAIDA's chorus being included. PS - every time this song is performed live, HIKARU's "falling... snoooooow" is my least favourite part.
  • prelude~dolce: I don't think I've ever heard KEIKO going THIS low during a LIVE performance. Impressive stuff. I just think prelude was a bad song to lead into dolce.... The transition was awkward. I do prefer this rendition over the original recording of "dolce", however. I don't really know what it is yet.... Maybe the more apparent presence of the piano?
  • heavenly blue: Nope. The magic wasn't quite captured with this recording. Possibly because of how the percussion is just too much IN YOUR FACE (or actually... ear...). The Budokan "heavenly blue" performance had a magical appeal to it, especially during the prechorus ("sora to mizu ga hoshi wo somete aoku niji wo egaite").
  • believe: This was actually a very enjoyable performance to listen! Contrasting to heavenly blue, the in-your-face percussion actually worked very well to make it sound better.
  • Tsuioku: From the chorus, I get the same feeling from listening to serenato LIVE from the 2009-12 LIVE collection. I find the tempo of the song to be a little on the strange side. It is as if they changed from 2/2 time signature to a 4/4 time signature. The beat emphasis was a little off and unenjoyable to me. The original definitely packs a lot more mystery and suspense than this LIVE rendition.
  • Obbligato: not as good as "Consolation LIVE"
  • storia: I'm getting sick and tired of HIKARU screwing the intro of this song up with her "himiiitu noooo" nasal-as-hell voice.
  • Hikarifuru: WAKANA's transition from head voice down to chest voice at "yawarakana sora" is still shaky. :/ Not as good as Budokan LIVE.
  • Kimi no Gin no Niwa: Beautiful! That bass is really workin' for this recording... Oh HIKARU and your chest-voicing of "kako ni shikanai". Why? Just.. why. I remember once upon a time she used to head-voice those lines.

Considering how this LIVE was just about 3 months or so preceding the BUDOKAN lives, I can safely and solidly assume that HIKARU was going through something with her voice. Because damn. What a wreck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back