Latest Obsession?

M

magicmagiamahou

STARTING A NEW INTERESTING THREAD (at least I hope it's interesting) I mean we all have interests other than Yuki Kajiura, right? Whenever you get a new obsession, just list it down here.

Latest obsession is SID, the band, I've known them for a year now but their newest song has blown me away and Undertale, a video game. I watched jacksepticeye play in on youtube and I want to play it myself but I suck at games so I'll just look at fanart. I love youtubers as well :)

@magicmagiamahou I love YouTube gamers too but that not really my obsession at the moment.
Two words.
Gordon Ramsay
Yes the guy from Hells Kitchen
Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay
HES SUCH A NICE PERSON AND AN ADORABLE SQUISH AND I WANT A HUG FROM HIM SO BAD. IF HE HUGGED ME I COULD LITERALLY DIE HAPPY
I also ordered both his books yesterday.
I tend to get obsessed over something super quickly do this thread fits me perfectly
AND EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THE UK VERSION OF KITCHEN NIGHT NIGHTMARES

Over the last couple of years I've really gotten back into DOOM, there's so much fanmade content despite the game being 20+ years old now.

As for music, Aimer, ClariS, Perturbator, MONO, Mogwai, Maon Kurosaki and Perfume are all bands I've really gotten into within the last 2-3 years.

Oh, and iDOLM@STER and Love Live! are too addictive.

I think this is a super cool thread! Currently, I'm really, really into The Legend of Zelda. Have been since I got the MM3D soundtrack recently.

As for music, Aimer, ClariS, Perturbator, MONO, Mogwai, Maon Kurosaki and Perfume are all bands I've really gotten into within the last 2-3 years.

RISE MAON SLAYSAKI RISE. Not a fan of her last album but still I love her discography a lot.

SPYAIR (I knew them from before but I only got obsessed around Oct)
I get a lot of moral support from their music. The vocalist has an amazing voice.... and also another plus is, the lyrics for many of their songs are really relatable to life. The bassist who writes 99% of them is a genius. Their music helps a lost soul like me get through everyday. Lol T_T
I literally like all of their discography if that says anything.

While I do like and respect YK's work, she doesn't invoke that same sense of healing(?) in her music for me but anywho I'll stop here.

My latest obsession is.... origami. Today I've made Butterfly and earlier swan. It's great: do something from anything

Reactions: aki
So I just finished watching the Ace Attorney movie. I started it two days ago and then I was like "Danm I really need to re-play the first game" So i rebooted it and after i finished that I finished the movie too.
Can I just say Miles Edgeworth x Phoenix Wright = OTP
I need to find my copy of Miles Edgeworth Investigations and if I have enough money I'd love to buy The Miles Edgeworth manga I saw at ShinToyko a couple days ago.

There was literally a movie scene at the end of the credits and is as follows:
Miles Edgeworth : *strums guitar*
Witness: That is.... THE RED SAMURAI'S GUITAR
Miles: My methods are legal and do not violate any laws
Miles: *Points at Phoenix Wright*
Miles: But they seem to have violated you

AND I WAS LIKE OKAY THAT'S IT OTP CONFIRMED
I also need to follow anything Takumi Saito does because he was a damn good looking Edgeworth:XD:

Man I really need to get round to playing the Phoenix Wright games already, heard a ton of good stuff about them.

IM GOING TO A CONCERT TODAY. I'M SO EXCITED
My friend and I are going together for a band called The 1975. We had to get resale tickets and it was pricey too. :TdT:
We're going to be in a mosh pit and having cerebral palsy I don't know how I'm going to handle it. As long as no one pushes or shoves me I'll be relativity fine. I'm going to stay with my friend the entire time so she'll look out for me.

Is it kinda strange that I'm scared going on my own without a parent? My dad is especially he protective kind and he said the area is kinda scummy, I think he's probably spooked me just so I'm more cautious. Plus it's going to be my first concert on my own without an adult. I've always kinda liked to stick to my parents when I'm out. My dad asked me to cross the road once and I looked at him like he was crazy since mum is very over-cautious because we live in a busy street. Sometimes I think i underestimate myself since my parents don't usually leave me on my own outside often.

In other news I'm really excited. My ticket looks legit and the band have a new album releasing around October. I hope they play something off the new album, or a single from it. I really hope they play Love Me from the album. I hope I don't get all hormonal and fan girl everywhere like I did with Fall Out Boy. Thank Christ I was in the stands that time.:XD:
I'm super excited

Concerts for the most part are pretty damn safe, I've never felt particularly threatened and I've been to numerous concerts over the years, honestly the worst of it tends to happen at festivals rather than individual concerts. As a metalhead I've been in quite a few mosh pits in my time and I've never been seriously hurt, plus for the most part they form in such a way that it's pretty easy to avoid the worst of it.

As for going to a concert without your parents for the first time, it's pretty natural to be worried. At least you're going with a friend, that should help a lot, especially when it comes to safety. Just be aware of what's going on around you and stay with her and you should be good. Almost everyone there (there's usually a couple of assholes, sadly) is simply there to share the same experience you're going for, the crowds at concerts are usually a pretty friendly bunch.

As for the worries about CP, it sounds like your friend is used to looking out for you so she should be able to keep you safe. In the few instances I've seen people get hurt or knocked down at concerts it elicits an instant response from the crowd, I've always seen people quick to get in there and help whenever something happens. Unless you end up near the aforementioned couple of assholes, you'll probably be fine. Maybe when you get in and find a spot have a quick chat with those around you just to let them know that you're a little more vulnerable than your average concert goer, if they're decent enough people they'll try to cover the area around you in case of stray limbs/bodies. All concert venues should also have security members around, often in front of the stage. Might be worth letting them know as well just in case something happens so they know what they're dealing with and can better help should something go wrong.

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U. I got this game for Christmas, and it hasn't come out of the system since then. It has everything that I've been waiting for in a game, including a HUGE open world with no loading screens (except when fast traveling to a location), hulking, badass mechs, a good story, and a great soundtrack (composed by Sawano Hiroyuki; the guy that has song names like 46-:ri9 and z37b20a13t01t08le). Hell, last weekend I apparently played it for 5 HOURS STRAIGHT until 3 AM and it only felt like it was ~2 hours that passed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U. I got this game for Christmas, and it hasn't come out of the system since then. It has everything that I've been waiting for in a game, including a HUGE open world with no loading screens (except when fast traveling to a location), hulking, badass mechs, a good story, and a great soundtrack (composed by Sawano Hiroyuki; the guy that has song names like 46-:ri9 and z37b20a13t01t08le). Hell, last weekend I apparently played it for 5 HOURS STRAIGHT until 3 AM and it only felt like it was ~2 hours that passed...
Have you played the original Xenoblade? It originally released for Wii sometime between 2009 and 2012 if memory serves. It's the beginning of the story to Xenoblade Chronicles X with all the key features you seem to love about it. Nintendo have re-released it for 3DS under the Name Xenoblade Chronicles. Unfortunately it only works with the NEW N3DS since it has better processing power than the original. I was playing through it until school started and then it kinda dropped off. With the new bravely default release causing me to replay the first game I doubt I'll get to it soon. especially since I plan to read during my holidays away.

^Yes, I have the original Xenoblade for Wii (I only have a regular 3DS, not a "new" one). It's also really good. However, XBX only serves as a spiritual sequel to the original; pretty much the only thing that's the same is the playstyle (though X added ranged and mech combat).

With the new bravely default release causing me to replay the first game

I LOVE BRAVELY DEFAULT!! :hearts::shy: I'm only just got to Eternia (last I checked), so I still have a while to go in the story. Hopefully I can finish it before when Bravely Second comes out this spring.

EDIT: Why can't preorders open sooner :comeback: I want to get the collector's edition...

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, I have the original Xenoblade for Wii (I only have a regular 3DS, not a "new" one). It's also really good. However, XBX only serves as a spiritual sequel to the original; pretty much the only thing that's the same is the playstyle (though X added ranged and mech combat).

I LOVE BRAVELY DEFAULT!! :hearts::shy: I'm only just got to Eternia (last I checked), so I still have a while to go in the story. Hopefully I can finish it before when Bravely Second comes out this spring.

EDIT: Why can't preorders open sooner :comeback: I want to get the collector's edition...
Those side-quests are so punishing though and the button mashing too. :comeback: The only thing I want from the collectors edition is the soundtrack. CDJ is selling the first but no mention on the second. Odd seeing as it's been out for years over there. I also just remembered Europe/ Australia gets the new Bravely Default game before USA. For once something comes here first.

Edit: Nope CDJ are selling both games' soundtracks. I didn't remember that the name of the new release is Bravely Second. Yay no money wasted for me:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Xiaolin Showdown

I saw something online that reminded me of my love for this show as a kid. Decided to hunt down the episodes and rewatch some of it. As it turns out, they released seasons 2 and 3 on itunes and amazon TODAY, so now I can see it all in HD!

ONE OK ROCK is such a good rock band! After I found them last year I discovered they had been to Australia :( Could have seen them.

I've found in the past that it was difficult to find out if an artist I was interested in was coming to Australia unless they came to where I was living (Adelaide). With Japanese artists and twitter it's a bit easier, but there is also the fact that an interstate trip and overnight accommodation is a sizeable fraction of the cost of a return trip to Japan.

Back