Latest Obsession?

I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE CONCERT AHHHH!
First things first it was amazing. We got seats since my dad was late dropping us off but I think if i was in the mosh I would've been deafened.

The opening act was The Japanese House, a group of sound cloud artists with some really chill music. I like there tracks a lot. What was funny was that everyone (including myself) thought that their lead singer was the lead singer of the 1975 (Matt Healy) since their hair looks similar in the silhouettes. There music was literally so chill it brought everyone down from there high and well...just...chilled out really. The played from around 8-8:30. My prediction was right and The 1975 started playing at 9pm.

During that half hour break period the security guards were handing out chilled water to everyone in the mosh pit to lessen the risk of dehydration due to the humidity of the room. (A real threat actually, security guards briefed everybody who entered during the line saying that "at least one or two of you here will have to be dragged out to dehydration tonight." He also gave a pro tip saying that any bar/confectionery stand that sells drinks is obligated to give you a free glass of water if you ask/ are dehydrated.) It literally got to the point where the security guards were just throwing water at people in the mosh and flicking water up in the air so it would hit everyone. It was actually very amusing to watch.

Then The 1975 started! They started with the new hit single Love Me off of the new album. A favorite of my friend and mine. I was so hyped. Matty has really good vocals too, better than I expected. They played a bunch of new songs off the album too, the album hasn't released yet. I refuse to watch any YouTube uploaded live footage to spoil it and I'm so glad I didn't. There were times when I just closed my eyes and listened. Also can we talk about the drums for a second because GODDAMN THEY WERE SO GOOD. Oh and also THEY HAD A SAXOPHONIST, AN AMAZING ONE. AND THE LIGHTS AHHHH! The 1975 is a very aesthetic band. Every album seems to have an aesthetic or colour scheme to it (An example being this music video) Every song had some different colored lights and any moving lights always synced up to the drum beat (this includes the opening act.) Every song felt like you were looking at a live music video and it was super pretty too.

MCs. Not much really happened. Matt and The Japanese House were literally stunned by the energy of the crowd. The Japanese House going on to say "How do you guys have energy right now???" Matt was also stunned commenting "You guys are the best fans ever. You're the most energetic crowd we've had",along with appreciating the respectfulness and reaction given when new unheard songs were played. He also said for one song in particular (unreleased no name sorry) That we were the first crowd to give a peaceful, chill respective reaction like the one given. He also said that The 1975 would love to come back to Adelaide soon, he really loved us as a crowd.
In one MC in particular he was getting energy from the crowd asking different places in the audience to cheer. I remember he said something along the lines of "You guys in that area with tho two lady's standing up on the right, your left. My right" IM PRETTY SURE THAT WAS MY FRIEND AND I BECAUSE WE BOTH WERE BORN FEMALE WERE ON THE HIS RIGHT OF THE AUDIENCE AND WERE LITERALLY STANDING THE WHOLE TIME AHHHH!!!!!!
In the longest MC he commented on the absurd amount of phones filming in the audience. I'm probably going to paraphrase here but if memory serves he said this. "We're all here together, sharing one moment. We're practically here standing right next to you. The only barrier between us is the men in yellow. I'm sure there lovely. My point is you're here in this one moment. By filming this moment and looking back on it retrospectively you're not enjoying the moment, you're not feeling the music, you're outside of it. So please put your phones down. I want to see faces not screens. Just for one song, or two. I don't care it's your show" He then began calling out everyone who had there phone up. Not a single phone was up for 10 minutes after the MC. The number afterwards was reduced drastically.

Merch was pretty awesome, just tees. Fine with me. there were two tees with tour dates. One was black with the first album's cover in on a matching black tee, the other was one with the second album's cover. Identical except the second one was white and pink. The other tees were cool too but my friend and I choose those two. I opted for the black option (Knowing I'll wear it more than a white one) We said to our parents afterwards that we had "Matching-reverse opposite shirts"
It was super awesome.
It was a really fun time. I know nobody cares about the concert but I thought I'd document it here before my memory fades. I'm also very buzzed right now
Also JB HI FI IS DOING A PREORDER POSTCARD BONUS + A COMPETITION FOR THE NEW ALBUM. I'M PRE-ORDERING EVEN THOUGH IT RELEASES IN 5 DAYS. NEED NEED NEED AHHH A SIGNED POSTER.MUST TRY. STIL. HAVE. CHANCE.

Glad you enjoyed your time :sohappy:. The whole throwing water around thing is pretty common even here in the UK, it's a good idea to keep people cool and hydrated. And yes, I believe at least here all bars at concert venues have to provide free tap water, by law.

Just checked out the songs you linked, not bad. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to that often personally, but it's pleasant enough. Love Me is my preferred one of the two, it's got some really interesting instrumentation. And props for calling people out on constant phone recording, that kind of thing really pisses me off at concerts. You can't watch a single song live without having someone's phone glowing in your vision somewhere these days I swear. He's got it right regarding the fact that focussing on recording it means you aren't really taking it in, as well.

I was obsessed with Tokyo Ghoul in the middle of last year, now I'm getting back into it again. It's so good though...

My obsession with Gordon Ramsay grows. I watched more Kitchen Nightmares and he did a therapeutic boxing thing with the owners of a restaurant... and then I remembered. He lifts, A LOT. I remember he lifted a guy over his head in an episode another time. Took me by surprise. Shirtless Gordon Ramsay in the American version, also a surprise. In a different episode he actually threw up looking through the ghastly conditions of a walk in fridge. He touches all the grime too, always. Brave soul.
I saw a copy of a Hells Kitchen game in the used section of the store the other day. If the Game Grumps hadn't already played it I might've actually considered it, seeing as it was a 2 for 1 sale.
Also just general Gordon Ramsay hugs:love:
I want one:dote:

The Gordon Ramsay obsession grows again. HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY THE HUMBLE PIE CAME TODAY. Mum was flicking through it and apparently it has pictures. I literally told her to go and look at them away from me so I wouldn't get spoiled. I've read the iBooks sample but apart form that I've read nothing else and I don't want it to be spoiled. Playing With Fire has apparently shipped too. My guess is that it'll get here once school starts since this took about a week if not more. It surprises me how honest these books are, though it's one of the reasons I like reading autobiographies people can be much more open on paper. I can't wait to read playing with fire too. The writing style in this one was a bit different, where The Humble Pie feels like a cozy book that you'd read near a fireplace with a blanket Playing With Fire reminds me of some kind of noir mystery book with detectives and the like.

Authour's writing styles are so interesting. Pete Wentz has to be one of my all time favorites though, his witting style is...indescribable. It's extremely depressing, even the children stories he wrote about his dreams as a child. It just fills me with such an indescribable sad feeling. It's very unique and powerful. Patrick Rothuss' books make me feel like I'm reading something by a fire I can't wait for the last book in the Kingkiller chronicles. The Slow Regard of Silent Things though... that was different, it felt me with a feeling like I'd understood something and leant more about the world even though I'd learnt nothing at all.

I just started re-watching the Gamegrumps and Danny. Danny is such a sunshine. He's just so nice and sunshine-y and I want a hug from him. He did this hour interview with his grandma for a keepsake with his family and decided to upload it. It was so sweet. I teared up a bit. Having a large language barrier with my grandparents I'm never able to have a conversation with them all that much, nothing like that anyway. Danny is just so sweet and nice and funny. Also him and Arin are friendship goals, their commentary is golden and they're so nice. You can tell they're really good friends. in their portal playthrough when Dan found out the infinite falling through portals thing he was so cute. Can we just talk about how Danny was in YGS 100? He wore like a robe thing and looked awesome, it was only for 15 seconds but still. Danny is also growing his hair out really long to donate to charity too. It actually looks really good on him, he works it. In a recent video he said that it's almost the minimum length to be donated, I wonder if he's going to grow his hair out again after this?

I feel like I'm flooding some threads lately, I apologise I must be very annoying. So I was just on CDJ honestly I don't know why, it's just kinda cool to see what it offers.
Did you guys know that CDJ stocks western artists? Me neither. I know that sometimes Western artists have Japan releases with bonus tracks, So I was intrigued. and guess what I found??????? Fall Out Boy had a Live in Toyko Japan only release with audio and footage from the SRAR 2013 tour. and I really want it. I saw FOB live in 2013 so I guess it brings up memories, plus there's only one left and I NEED IT.

My latest obsession: I'm making a tracklist from Kalafina lives and I'm listening it (don't think I am crazy:XD: I just love Kalafina). Now I'm listening Special Final setlist:love:

@nodame89 I've done that for some concerts and listen to FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE 2 [Disc 3] to remember YK Live vol. #10.

Ok, I'm not alone. Thanks doing these tracklists I can imagine the live!
Sometimes I'm making tracklist by myself and imagine the not-existing live

Ok, I'm not alone. Thanks doing these tracklists I can imagine the live!
Sometimes I'm making tracklist by myself and imagine the not-existing live
I make tracklists too sometimes. I'll just be listening to a Kalafina/ FJ song and then I keep playing songs that would follow in a set list like order. I really should turn them into playlists :XD:

XCOM. Been meaning to play this game forever and now I can't stop, it's really good. A bunch of my friends who've played it before have been anticipating how I handle certain events as well :fwa:. It's a game where things can go very badly, very quickly, to say the least.

GOD IM SO OBSESSED WITH GAME GRUMPS
Honestly I think it's mostly Danny. He's just such a smol bean, a hilarious one. Him and Arin make a great team. The whole Grump team though is amazing. Unfortunately Table Flip is stopping since they're not with Polaris anymore and many believe they have the rights to table flip :comeback: I hope Suzy can find her own show to host after this. Can we also talk about how strange the combo of Danny and Ross is? And the fact it works too. Usually Ross likes to annoy the hell out of Arin, but Danny not so much. The only thing that annoys Danny about Ross on a somewhat daily basis is his milk powers. Honestly it kinda makes Ross seem nice??:confu:

BUT I STILL REMEMBER MARIO MAKER :voodoo: Ross is never 100% nice

I've always been obsessed with the Ys Video Game series to a degree throughout the years after learning about it a few years ago through Ys: Origin. But I'm really obsessed with the Developers behind Ys now being Nihon Falcom and their other game Series. Namely The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Or Sora no Kiseki as it is known in Japanese). Because they truly do excel at making brilliant games. Ys for mainly having excellent gameplay, action, and boss fights, and Legend of Heroes for having brilliant stories full of twists and big events and characters you get very attached to.

Not to mention how their band which is dedicated to composing music for the Ys/ Legend of Heroes games is fantastic as well. After Yuki Kajiura, Falcom Sound Team jdk is one of my favorite bands/Composer. And I can't get enough of all of these games which only makes me more excited to hear about new English localizations of these games for the PC.

I've also been playing the Second Chapter of Trails in the Sky for about 4-5 months (which is a whole game in itself being a direct sequel to the First Chapter). I've been too excited about this game to play much else and have already invested 100-110 hours of gameplay into the Second Chapter alone in the 1st Playthrough.

I've heard a lot of good things about Ys, and the OST I've heard is pretty great. I've been meaning to pick up Celceta on Vita for ages but still haven't done it.

GALAVANT! I got the first season for free a while back and just never watched it until recently. I'm almost at the end of season 2 now. Based on what I've read, it probably won't get renewed, but damn the show makes me laugh.

Fire Emblem: Fates.
otryyxqvpfh9nrejk8ky.jpg

This game is really good. Though there are 3 versions with 3 different stories (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation) and I've only played the Birthright path, it is really interesting and addicting. Birthright is supposedly the easiest version, so I'm scared for Conquest from my brother's comments on it (he has Conquest). From what I've heard from him, the levels are insane. Well, back to sticking my nose back into my 3DS :XD:

Fire Emblem: Fates.
View attachment 8660

This game is really good. Though there are 3 versions with 3 different stories (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation) and I've only played the Birthright path, it is really interesting and addicting. Birthright is supposedly the easiest version, so I'm scared for Conquest from my brother's comments on it (he has Conquest). From what I've heard from him, the levels are insane. Well, back to sticking my nose back into my 3DS :XD:
WAIT WAIT WAIT.... IS IT OUT????????????/
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

^ In the US, it is. I'm not sure about Australia... The release date is still TBA, but it shouldn't be too much longer since the game has already been translated into English, so I would guess all that's needed for the Aus. release is localisation. I hope it releases for you soon, it's an awesome game. It does seem that Nintendo seems to very lax about their Aus/Eu releases... Well, at least you get Bravely Second first (that releases today, actually :omgz:). The US doesn't get it until April.

Been finally watching Game Grumps. After seeing gamers like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye use editing to get most of their humor across, it's nice to hear people who are actually consistently funny.

Back