Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

Wow I actually like it :o don’t get me wrong- the beat is boring as hell and generic if anything

I find it more interesting than most dew songs though

I despised the song the first time I listened to it (largely because of the utterly annoying synth beats), but it’s grown on me a bit. Fairly decent melody, and I do generally like the atmosphere, but it’ll never be one of my favorites.

A better single than the previous one, which was nice but album filler let's be honest. Alcohol is pretty different from Keiko's usual style, but it's a really fun song imo.

Alcohol

What I like:
1) Laid back atmosphere. Good song to sit, have a drink and relax. Not overly serious, not overly dramatic.
2) Keiko's voice. It doesn't go full cutesy mode, is more like a gentle caress, whispering to your ear. Sexy as f**k.
3) Good lyrics construction - nice, very smooth flow. I enjoy the way she prolongs the phrases, giving them this sort of "lazy" vibe.

What I don't like:
1) Instrumental - I know bad instrumentals are already sort of trademark of KEIKO's repertoire, but this is on another level. Basic and uninspiring beyond belief. Ironically, I don't mind the cheesy synth.

The song quickly grew on me, but it's still not what I'm waiting for. Despite a growing number of original songs, Keiko still doesn't have a single "leading" track, that would define her and scream "This is artist KEIKO!".

There more in Kaori's thread about this blog post by Keiko with Kaori as her guest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3dfxbX6SI

The two of them look more prettier without the mountains of make up the put on for official pictures.

Also. I'm just putting this out there because a couple women I talked to said, when I asked them, that Keiko looks like she's 2 to 3 months pregnant. Just putting that out there. And she seems to wear her wedding ring on her left hand middle finger, not her ring finger.

There more in Kaori's thread about this blog post by Keiko with Kaori as her guest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3dfxbX6SI

The two of them look more prettier without the mountains of make up the put on for official pictures.

Also. I'm just putting this out there because a couple women I talked to said, when I asked them, that Keiko looks like she's 2 to 3 months pregnant. Just putting that out there. And she seems to wear her wedding ring on her left hand middle finger, not her ring finger.
I did not know that Keiko was married, where did you get the info?

I’m into the new song, honestly. No real problem with the instrumental for me, but this is likely out of my support for the work of Utada and the fact that this song really sounds like they could’ve done a collab! :love:

@BuradoChi

Her being married is speculation based on rumours that showed up around the time Kalafina broke up. I happen to believe these rumours. The rumours are she married one of YK's sound techs. The speculation continued when Keiko made a post using his twitter account saying she would be back.

Am I obsessed enough to go looking through marriage registers to confirm this. No. I'm not. Can't be bothered.

New Digital Single: 夜の嘘と (Yoru no Uso to) is out on 9/14; technically it’s out now but it depends on the timezone.

Cover:
98C18F9F-2D86-41CF-906E-641ADF74B793.jpeg

I will likely never get myself accustomed to this parted hair but that won’t stop me from saying this cover is gorgeous.

I love the piano, especially right after the first chorus, blends so well with the guitar. Overall a pretty boring song but still one of her better works IMO.

I really, really love the song, and it’s easily my favorite of these last few digital singles. The melody is very pretty, and Keiko’s voice is pretty solid, too.

I’m curious if there’ll be a new album announcement soon. She did this same kind of monthly single promotion before Dew came out, so something tells me that the same thing’s happening here. You never know, though!

https://twitter.com/KeikoStaff/status/1578706216242380800

肉チョコファンクラブライブ、初の有観客ライブだったのでたくさん色んな事を詰め込んで大丈夫かなって不安になったりもしたけど、私の挑戦を受け取ってくださるみんなのおかげであったかい時間になりました\(^o^)/ejiさんとかおちゃんと音楽できた幸せ! 今日は肉チョコ記念日ですありがと。KEIKO

FeiwmLMVQAAUxjc.jpg

Loved Keiko's performance of Endroll in her Fan Club Live, and the duet of synchronicity with Kaori too. So good to hear some older songs coming back into rotation <3

Back