Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

Wow.

Toori Ame is exactly the Keiko I wanna listen to...

I'm very content because since the release of "Knobody knows you" we're consistently getting decent songs.

And my God, they are doing good job at making fans wanna throw their money with those 9 PVs. She looks so ridiculously pretty.

Given that I wonder how the charts are gonna look like

By the way, what do you think about the girl-only band backing her up during those recent lives?

I love them. I personally think Keiko being Keiko definitely enjoyed her time being surrounded by girls and this all girl band brought overall positive outcome to her as she sounded better with each performance. Also I really love how even with the small scale lives she brought guest musicians. Akagi Rie on 003/004 and this cellist Mizuno Yuki on 005/006.

Kinda worried about the chart as well because Hikaru's sacred torch isn't doing well compared to her previous release but at the same time I don't really because all I truly care about is getting new songs to listen to.

@Lorde-Kowz This guy who spams full MV's won't be released? :XD:
No matter how hard I try, I cannot find any logical reason behind this behaviour

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/sEo4SD1SEFs
Loving this one.

Edit— shoot, the BD is sold out in CDJ already and they only have proxy shipping available (which I refuse to pay for). Oh well. I think I’ll just wait til I go to Japan in 2068 (when COVID is over) to buy the regular. Not really missing much as I never really care for MVs
Love it as well

The live performance from Keiko's Lounge didn't catch my attention that much, as She was singing with this "soft" voice, but now that I can watch the studio version, I'm just blown away. It's the closest think to Kalafina music I've had in three years.

Let me bathe in this bittersweet nostalgia a little longer

https://youtu.be/sEo4SD1SEFs
Loving this one.

Edit— shoot, the BD is sold out in CDJ already and they only have proxy shipping available (which I refuse to pay for). Oh well. I think I’ll just wait til I go to Japan in 2068 (when COVID is over) to buy the regular. Not really missing much as I never really care for MVs
Kinda glad I placed my order already. The price makes my wallet wanna cry though lol

Honestly liking Dew a lot more than Lantana. lost is great as expected. I still think that the notes for the Burn in the Wind are the exact same as in one 90s American pop/country song that I couldn't remember. I think it was Shania Twain's? I like that song too. I'm enjoying Kimi ga Nemuru Kara a lot more than I expected, it's a nice interlude-ish song. latte is very unexpected but I don't hate it, just had a lmaowtf moment with it. The whole song basically just has like 3 notes repeating or something, I don't really remember it. Iirc Keiko said that the lyrics in the reffrain are made up by coined words but honestly I hear Shut up/Shout out lmao. Never really paid attention to Waratte yaru and had another omgwtf moment but again, I don't hate it. I think I could jam to it when I'm in a mood for loud music. Hachigatsu no Sora has some parts that I think could kinda be extended but I liked it since the first time I listened to it and I still like it now. Good job Keiko for your first foray into song composing, it's actually a much more concise song than Nanairo no Finale. Genjitsu no Metaphor is still a bop, very anisong-ish but is very good. Still really like Tooriame and still 50/50 with Nobody Knows You. Have said this, Sakura wo Goran isn't as annoying as I thought it was.

Relistening to the album from the beginning makes me realize that the second half of album is filled with tons of Engrish lol but I'm too used to Engrish that I still can decipher what she was singing, esp in Waratte yaru. She talked about how the album is filled with songs that talked about love and as I'm paying more attention to the lyrics again, it indeed is. I just feel kinda weird lmao because in a sense she never really sings songs that openly talked about love as Kalafina had some songs that are about love but they talked about it in a roundabout way, with the exception of maybe love come down. Lantana don't really have love songs either (need to listen to most of this album again to be sure, I mostly only listened to Ray/Tameiki no Kieru Machi/Akane).

Tldr: a much better album than Lantana and Keiko showcased her voice a lot better in this album than in Lantana where she sounded annoying in some songs.
Top 5: Genjitsu no Metaphor, Lost, Hachigatsu no Sora, Burn in the Wind, Tooriame

I am gonna complain about one thing that doesn't let me rest. Instrumentals.

Wakana is accompanied with well balanced choice of instruments, that are, even standalone, enjoyable to listen. A fancy, nonchalant piano, some really cool basslines, catchy guitar riffs, those violins, etc. Each one has a chance to shine.

Compositions for Hikaru are completely different, but I actually enjoy Gushi's apparent preference towards simplicity. It gives this raw, indie flavour. Besides he sometimes manages to catch me completely off guard by pulling off something unexpected that steals my heart - like guitar riff from yolcu or the "clockwork music box" intro from 空 - Look ahead.

And now there are Keiko's instrumentals. They just sound so cheap, bland and uninspiring. As if made with FL Studio. Nothing really standing out.
Keiko still manages to hard carry the songs with her smooth voice, but I would seriously accuse someone of sabotaging her.

Last edited:
dew could’ve done without the first single contents — Sakura wo Goran, waratteyuku (???) and michite wa kakeru. They coulda stayed in Lantana era.

I am gonna complain about one thing that doesn't let me rest. Instrumentals.

Wakana is accompanied with well balanced choice of instruments, that are, even standalone, enjoyable to listen. A fancy, nonchalant piano, some really cool basslines, catchy guitar riffs, those violins, etc. Each one has a chance to shine.

Compositions for Hikaru are completely different, but I actually enjoy Gushi's apparent preference towards simplicity. It gives this raw, indie flavour. Besides he sometimes manages to catch me completely off guard by pulling off something unexpected that steals my heart - like guitar riff from yolcu or the "clockwork music box" intro from 空 - Look ahead.

And now there are Keiko's instrumentals. They just sound so cheap, bland and uninspiring. As if made with FL Studio. Nothing really standing out.
Keiko still manages to hard carry the songs with her smooth voice, but I would seriously accuse someone of sabotaging her.
I mean Wakana definitely gets the biggest "budget" for her solo projects considering she's like the only kinda active singer spacecraft still have lmao. But I agree with your point, Wakana's songs instrumentals are enjoyable on their own (some are even more enjoyable than when she's singing 😂) meanwhile Keiko's are kinda ehhhh. I have some that I truly like, but most of them don't really stand out. Hachigatsu no Sora sounds better with her acoustic live imo, was surprised that the recorded version has very basic, almost demo-like and unfinished instrumentals. I still adore the melody lines in the reffrain though. I don't really follow Hikaru's solo as between the 3 of them, by far I liked her solo the least. Almost all her songs fall in the realm of anisong-ish and the vocals aren't exactly stellar even on recording, even though the ones I did listen to are piss easy songs to sing (but Hikaru already had this problem even since her last year as Kalafina, her vocal in Tombo/Kantankatan was awful).

Back