KEIKO "Yuuyami no Uta'' (composer: Yuki Kajiura) ED Theme Song for TV Anime SENGOKU YOUKO. (Release January 24, 2024, TV size on Dec 6/2023)

I quite like the song, but the refrain sounds kinda incomplete. Like it needed another line. I hear it and I can easily tell how Kajiura would've written the additional line hue.
Other than that, Keiko sounds great, and her traditional singing sounds cool as fuark. Better than recent KnY theme performances.

This. And tbh I was wondering if it's budget constraints that makes her had to pack this song exactly right under 4 minutes, considering Kajiura is not Keiko's producer anymore lol

The b-side is actually quite a pretty song, despite me not liking Keiko's way of singing, especially in the reffrain. I'm perfectly fine with her more cutesy voice, but in the reffrain she sounded weird because she sounded both restrained and very nasal at the same time. There are some parts where she used her soft voice and it sounded good. This is like Ray/Hajimari wa again to me, good songs being ruined by Keiko's singing choice.

Last edited:
Wow, the Special Edit. version. HYPE!
Oh... Ok... Is the TV Size but with a instrumental (strings) intro :(

I may have a controversial statement... the instrumental sounds better than the full mix on the single. Not waaay waaaay better but still better.

Listening to the whole single, it feels like someone messed up on the full mix. The two short versions sound pretty much the same as the instrumental. I don't get it. It's unfortunate (to me at least). :/

I was also trying to see if it's maybe just because the instrumental is quieter in the full mix but I don't think that's the reason it feels off? With that said... I think mixing it with the instrumental does improve it so I don't even know. I'll upload a mixed version for y'all to judge.

Last edited:
Back