KEIKO "Yuuyami no Uta'' (composer: Yuki Kajiura) ED Theme Song for TV Anime SENGOKU YOUKO. (Release January 24, 2024, TV size on Dec 6/2023)

Keiko basically won the post-Kalafina offers lmaoo
Still part of FJ main singers
Anime Tie-Ins/Solo Career - Avex/Lantis
FJ Keiko - Sony/Sacra
Besides her continuation in FJ, her solo career without Kajiura has mostly been unremarkable, despite signing on with Avex. Keiko has only 3 good tracks out of her entire discography - post-Kalafina, all of her highlights were her FJ solos. Having essentially a FJ Keiko project for this is very much in the right direction.

Honestly, Wakana has the best solo career, but that wasn't all that surprising. Staying with Spacecraft gives her access to their funding, which means much more opportunities for tours, concerts, TV appearances and exposure. Flag was extremely successful for Wakana, and her acoustic album is actually so good. Hikaru had the strongest start with Alter-nate and all her other anime tie-ins, but not being with a label really hurts her exposure.

CD cover art is released
https://x.com/entameclipnews/status/1733479442419454100?s=20
yuuyami cover.jpg

she looked insanely gorgeous omg

Besides her continuation in FJ, her solo career without Kajiura has mostly been unremarkable, despite signing on with Avex. Keiko has only 3 good tracks out of her entire discography - post-Kalafina, all of her highlights were her FJ solos. Having essentially a FJ Keiko project for this is very much in the right direction.

Honestly, Wakana has the best solo career, but that wasn't all that surprising. Staying with Spacecraft gives her access to their funding, which means much more opportunities for tours, concerts, TV appearances and exposure. Flag was extremely successful for Wakana, and her acoustic album is actually so good. Hikaru had the strongest start with Alter-nate and all her other anime tie-ins, but not being with a label really hurts her exposure.
as a Keiko solo enjoyer I don't entirely agree with this. And that second bit about Wakana is both true and untrue imo. I agree that Wakana has the best solo career but I personally liked pretty much near the same amount of songs of Keiko solo and Wakana solo. This Wakana solo is better than Keiko and Hikaru solo is subjective tbh, because I personally really loved Keiko's Dew album. Wakana's magic moment album is still my favorite Kalafina ladies solo album though, but I wasn't sold on Sono Saki e album. I pretty much only liked Flag and 殻 on that album.
Wakana having better songs and can grow as a vocalist is also because she found a producer and frequent composer that imho fits her better than Kajiura was to her.

That second bit about Spacecraft is kinda laughable tbh. Spacecraft has like zero talents left, and Wakana is pretty much the only "big" name on that agency so it's no wonder that she has their funding nearly entirely to herself lmao. She's their only bankable artist. So whenever I see someone' praised Spacecraft I was like lmao nope, good agency wouldn't have their talents leave left and right in like less than 3 years. Maybe they're good to Wakana, but they definitely weren't good to their other talents. Wakana's concerts don't always sold out either. Flag was "extremely" successful is kinda stretching a bit, but that's also partially because it's a gacha tie in and that gacha game is currently sitting at top 10 gacha game earner in Japan thanks to the lolicons.

Last edited:
Can't believe I missed that one post but....
I did only say KEIKO having many offers but sure.....
Besides her continuation in FJ, her solo career without Kajiura has mostly been unremarkable
Subjective, I think Keiko has the best discography out of the 3 not because of the quality of each track but Keiko can carry the songs without dreading each track to have vocal shitstains(The fact that someone has a problem even though it is a studio song says a lot). Never liked when someone piercing my ears when singing -shiiiii -niiii -iii like a banshee. One person carrying her songs while the other 2 being carried by their music. Pick your poison.

despite signing on with Avex. Keiko has only 3 good tracks out of her entire discography - post-Kalafina, all of her highlights were her FJ solos. Having essentially a FJ Keiko project for this is very much in the right direction.
This is too obvious, she took a flexible contract that won't interfere with Kajiura lives. Both parties agreed/signed. Keiko is happy. Done. Can't say that same to that other one and let's not talk that trainwreck of a solo career of the other like a dog tuck her tail then come crying to her momma(might sign to highway star but idc). Mediocre albums? maybe but....
Honestly, Wakana has the best solo career, but that wasn't all that surprising. Staying with Spacecraft gives her access to their funding, which means much more opportunities for tours, concerts, TV appearances and exposure.
Okay I need to state it first, Fictionjunction Music is a separate company. Now...

No? financially/longevity wise Keiko has the best career road. You said spacecraft as if FJM didn't offer Keiko those you mentioned. Avex gave her those "mediocre" albums? Low budget spending. Now I mentioned FJM is a separate company. FJM is offering KEIKO to sing for her lives. They don't need to spend so much for Keiko cause Keiko is being offered to sing lmao. There's no need for avex to spend manpower/money to hire staffs/logistics for Keiko cause another company is there to pay her while other singers needed to spend so much for lives even if not sold-out lol. In addition,
more opportunities for tours, concerts, TV appearances and exposure
+ASIA tour+ the sacra music invitation in Germany+ Youtube covers/videos+ANIME TIE-INS for KEIKO. The only difference from Wakana that I see from others is her multiple radio appearances but let's not kid ourselves those are mostly paid by spacecraft.

Flag was extremely successful for Wakana
gacha game+the near-anime but not tie-in to Wakana because her fans delusioned themselves thinking of Kalafina? Imagine comparing this to Yuriko song in FGO, a well-known gacha game lol.

Speaking of exposure,
https://myanimelist.net/anime/42143/Aya_to_Majo
Satoshi Takebe is the composer of this ghibli movie 2020. He's the producer of Wakana. Wakana LOVES ghibli. Does not invite her to sing the theme song :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

Last edited:
We can watch EP(weekly) in youtube now in Ani-One Asia! (ofc ASIA-gated lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDviRQHcmo

ED next week as usual :XD:
I heard it will have 3-cour. So basically 3EDs. Kajiura is most likely willing to provide consecutive EDs since she is a fan of the mangaka/manga as long as she was asked again so it's a matter if the studio can afford to hire her. So if you can watch it legally please do so in your free time lmao. It's one of the ways we can hear non-sony artist if they gonna change Keiko next cour :ohoho:

Last edited:
cd(4track) 17分13秒
cd(6track) 20分51秒
bd 27分00秒 (different total from tower details tho)

from tower
1. 夕闇のうた 00:04:06
2. 燈命 00:04:32
3. 夕闇のうた (Instrumental) 00:04:06
4. 燈命 (Instrumental) 00:04:32
5. 夕闇のうた (TVサイズver.) 00:01:34
6. 夕闇のうた (Special Edit ver.) 00:02:00

(different total here for bd:)
1. 夕闇のうた (Music Video) 00:04:03
2. 夕闇のうた (Making Video) 00:10:54

Hurrdurr. Do we know who's responsible for the bside?

Edit:
Oh duh, should've checked tower details, lol.
燈命
歌 KEIKO
作詞 Saku
作曲 Saku
編曲 Saku

Full version on digital plataforms 👀

Edit:
IMO, TV size has all the good of the full version. The final scats are the best part.

Last edited:
Ya, they released the full song as a preorder track... lul.

https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1947354

So basically the full version DOES have the whole band sooner than the tvmix... Though still not full force...
I'm only saying this based on the sample (since I can't play the youtube and do not use spotify)... I don't know how I feel about the sample lol. I think I liked the tvmix more... Maybe it's a different part of the song...

Last edited:
The bridge and last refrain are nice but the full version makes no sense to me, lol. The transition to the 2nd verse is trash and I actively don't like the full instrumental/mix at all.

wow i was so surprised the song turns out to be like that... legit thought the part that was included in the tv size ver was the final chorus lol. that transition to the second verse is eeeeeh. the mix is also quite different from the tv size version from what i remember. the bass and the cymbals are much louder this time and tbh it's kinda annoying and there's some interesting key changes that i'm not too fond of. the instrumental mixing is making the song sounds like it doesn't know what it wants to be.

disclaimer: i still like the song, i think the song has a really pleasant melody throughout. it's the instrumentals and/or mixing that i'm not that fond of.

Keiko is incredibly pretty on the MV though. that updo hairstyle (which is very similar to Yoimiya from Genshin Impact lol, especially in addition to the upper part of her dress) suits her so much. I also quite like the MV. despite definitely having a much lesser budget than most Kalafina MVs, it's still more interesting and pleasant to watch often than most Kalafina MVs lol.

Last edited:
the instrumental mixing is making the song sounds like it doesn't know what it wants to be.
Yea, I think I'm getting that feeling, too.
I'm kind of wondering if it's someone at avex mastering or mixing, rather than our regulars (who we're more used to, even if they have their issues, too). Or if it's really this track just being unfortunate...

Back