Kalafina's new single ~Kimi no Gin no Niwa~

I can't believe I'm saying this but I totally agree with your "styled rants." When I saw the picture with the X, the first thing I thought was, "Why are they making Keiko look so flat!!" I, er, guess I didn't want to say it, so I'm glad you brought it up first, haha.

Now, to be fair, iirc, lots of Wakana's outfits have emphasized her chest (Magia video, anyone?) so this isn't new. But between the sailor fuku and Keiko's X... man, what is this?

I'm seriously considering getting the anime edition; it costs less and ischeaper to ship. Though I'm curious about the PV (perhaps in all the wrong ways...)

@coral... :touched: :touched: :punched:

i'm still getting sprinter vibes as to the PV because of the bg/props used here.... i mean, more sitting/motionless scenes... i hope it's not one continuous shot like hikari furu OTL

in regard to keiko's dress.... it's almost as if they pumped the fringes of the vest with as many laces/flowers/whatevenisthat?? to compensate for the effect of the X... and her face looks like it's been swallowed by that extra volume plus her hair plus her flower hair decorations. man, if they just did away with the frills at the front of the vest, along with keeping keiko's straight hair, she'd look so much better since that would better strike a balance with her feminine form/face, and the X, though still having the flat effect, would make her look more androgynous and imo more appealing

and grunty mentioned that they look like maids... i'd up that and say that waa/hii's dresses look like something a nun would wear. kinda. :ohoho: :punched:

ah i said i'd stop but still i kept ranting.... sorry :spotlight:

^ Like I said, the anime edition is my favourite so far... :uh..:

@Immie- Yes, they look really nunnish.... like medieval time people.

But yes, I want the PV really badly as well. Here's to hoping they will do a better job than YnD...

About Misterioso...I love the op and closing parts (TTB X Mirai rocks!), but the middle part sounds too jumbled up for my taste...I need a few more listens..I guess. :spotlight:

I actually don't mind the Sprinter video, minus the flat and strange makeup. Though, now I'm getting images of them in sprinter outfits thanks to George's comment...

Maybe the video will at least be something like Kagayaku? Or Lacrimosa? I really hope they don't do another Hikari Furu with these outfits. I confess I really liked watching Hikari Furu when I finally got a bluray player, since the dresses and lighting were so beautiful--first thing I saw on the HD screen, and really made an impression on me. But with these outfits, a slow pan would be disastrous. 4+ minutes of X's and sailor fuku!

I always think of Xenosaga when I hear misterioso, especially when Wakana sings that word, and that part, the chorus I guess. But yeah, I love the drums and wish there was more flute, since it's just a short part and so pretty. Can't wait to hear the samples for the other songs.

That chorus ending with Wakana's "subete no toki wo yukeru darou..." at around 1:55, with the instrumental coming in, followed by the kajiurago...that percussion...and the swell of the music...

this-is-beautiful.gif

^ my face at that moment

And then the Wakana's chorus at around 2:23 "sora wo aoku kakaru(?)"after Keiko's verse...

tumblr_mi1nh624Q91rqfhi2o1_400.gif

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I haven't like a song this much on first listen since manten, probably :ayashii: :shy: Right now, it reminds me of Mirai x TTB x everlasting song, with the faintest smattering of Yume no Daichi...

Also LOL those style rants were hilarious :XD: :XD: :XD: I just hope that if they end up performing in these dresses that they get rid of/change Wakana's and Hikaru's collars... :uh..: It looks like to me they're both wearing the same dress, just with different collars :XD: I don't mind Keiko's outfit as much as those two, I guess... :ayashii:

Can't wait for the single to come out :dote: :dote: So excited nowwww :waii:

Misterioso is quite a catchy and inspiring song :shy:

Someone mentioned the many key changes. . . I imagine them to represent little journeys for the girls, with lots of hope :dote:

Like Cerise-san, it reminds me of everlasting song, especially the beginning~

I'm sad Keiko didn't really get leading vocals, especially after Alleluia, and like others mentioned, the Kajiurago isn't loud enough ; w;

I think the only thing I'm not quite sold on is Wakana's vibrato in the song. . . What comes to mind are performances in which she hasn't performed quite as well and in which she somehow ends up using this type of vibrato as she struggled to hit high notes. (maybe it's just me //hides)
I guess we won't know until we see/hear it performed live!

Other than that, I really like this song! I can't wait for November! :sohappy:

I can barely notice Hikaru in this song...and I don't really like the song. There's nothing on the song that makes me want to hear it over and over again. Hard to believe this, but I'm missing Hikaru's voice now. :XD:

About Keiko's dress. For me her dress is pretty much the same like Kaori's in Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora, and both are totally unflattering, lol.

You know what I miss in Kalafina's songs? The violin.

Yuki's been using copious amounts of drumming in Kalafina's recent songs, whilst skimping on the violin. And one of the main reasons why I love Kajiura's compositions is because of the epic violin melodies and accompaniments she uses.

misterioso's a decent song, but I hope there's more violin in Kimi no Gin no Niwa. It doesn't have to be a ballad (see Ongaku & progressive). The violin just goes so well with Kalafina's angelic voices, while drumming usually just drowns them out. :uh..:

You know what kind of song I really miss? A song with the style of Hoshi no Utai. Hands down, one of the best Kalafina songs.

But knowing that this is a Madoka song, it won't be like Hoshi no Utai. If the title indicates anything, maybe a ballad. But like consolation, Kajiura-san may surprise us.

And if you guys listen really closely to misterioso, you can hear the consolation background beats.

Shucks, I guess misterioso is okay.
It didn't leave a big impression on me but it's not that bad either.

Here's hoping tsuioku and kimi no gin no niwa will be awesome.

Also, Wakana what are you wearing. :cry:

yuki.n said:
:uh..: riiiiiiiight, kimi no gin no niwa = your silver garden ...
.... so where's the garden..... and where's the silver??... :XD:
The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the cover!
Lyrics perhaps?

Hatouchan said:
Here comes the studio live nico event!
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv154596179

Yes! BOOKMARKED.

lol Cerise.

And there is violin in the song, but very little. I agree, I miss the violin too. I was hoping for more in Alleluia, and bells. But there are two other songs on the cd, so I hope there will be more instrumentation in there.

Well. Misterioso. It's not bad, I guess. Hardly anything über-spectacularly amazing, but I'm liking it.
Cover-art... Yeah, not finding it particularly excellent. Though I'm getting the anime-edition anyway, because I legitimately do not give a damn about getting a PV. Because in my opinion, Kalafina's PVs are quite frankly consistently terrible. At best they're simply boring (Hikari Furu) and at worst I feel like they're actively clashing with the mood of the song they're meant to be promoting (Yume no Daichi WHAT THE EFF).

Re:

late as usual..

george1234 said:
^ There is violin, since strings are composed by 2 violins, cello and viola, its just not solo.

she probably means the violin solos...I kinda miss the "eroi" violin as well...lol

^Yeah, that's what we were saying. While strings are nice, it would have been nice to have more flute, or more solo violin. Oh well, there are the other two songs.

Question. Is the DVD or BLRY default to region 2?
*it doesn't say...
I plan on preordering it next week on my payday.

I plan on buying the Regular Edition & the BLRY/limited edition.
*If not the RG DVD edition.

^ I think that the dvd's are region 2, and the blu-rays are region-free... CD-Japan usually states what they are.

Back